Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2006, 14:38   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowiee
the grip shift dosent reach till the place it is marked to go it stops well short of the mark but i am able use all the three gears int he frront... but on some gear combinations like 2nd on the front n third, fourth fivth on the rear i get clicking sound which is of the front cog , it happens on certain other combinations alsi, i tried to adjust the screws as told by edmund but it still isnt working well , its really frustuating me now ...PLEASE HELP

Ok! Its making more sense to me now!

You have to tell me this though, when you shift to both extremes on the rear deraileur shifter, which end of the gear range does it not shift to?

Make sure you are pedaling forwards while shifting and see whether it has trouble shifting all the way to the BIGGEST cog, or all the way to the SMALLEST cog.

Post the answer here and ill tell you the next step accordingly.

cya
R
Old 4th June 2006, 21:55   #32
BHPian

Look at the equipment on that bike...... tires, drivetrain, brakes, suspension!!!!

Courtsey: www.avalanchedownhillracing.com
Old 4th June 2006, 22:25   #33
BHPian

The Nicolai Nucleon ST

Courtsey: www.avalanchedownhillracing.com
Old 5th June 2006, 10:29   #34
BHPian

I am more into road cycling. Slim lightweight cro-mo or aluminium frame, drop handlebars, no extras like side stand, carrier or bell. Quite like the one in the image below:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/r...lue-34view.jpg
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/rambouillet.html

You can ride these bikes for hours as long as the road is good.
Old 5th June 2006, 20:12   #35
BHPian

Some great equipment there....

If anyone's into cycling in Bangalore, let me know... We have a small group that does some cycling together....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund
With a bike like this, you don't need a stand!!!!

Courtsey: www.dragsterbikes.com
Old 5th June 2006, 20:57   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Ok! Its making more sense to me now!

You have to tell me this though, when you shift to both extremes on the rear deraileur shifter, which end of the gear range does it not shift to?

Make sure you are pedaling forwards while shifting and see whether it has trouble shifting all the way to the BIGGEST cog, or all the way to the SMALLEST cog.

Post the answer here and ill tell you the next step accordingly.

cya
R
i am pedaling forwards while shifting alright ..the problem is with the when shifting to the smaller cogs ,this starts from the third cog (its a six rear three front assembly) , the thing is i am able to go to all the cogs but the front deraileur is touchin the chai in these combinations
Old 5th June 2006, 22:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
i am pedaling forwards while shifting alright ..the problem is with the when shifting to the smaller cogs ,this starts from the third cog (its a six rear three front assembly) , the thing is i am able to go to all the cogs but the front deraileur is touchin the chai in these combinations
If you are on a grip shifter, use the various multiple other positions to position the deraileur in such a way that it doesnt touch.
Old 6th June 2006, 00:01   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey cowiee,

So you say that it shifts fine on all the rear gears now and the only problem is the chain hitting the front deraileur as you shift towards the smaller cogs...right?

Its pretty simple to fix (assuming you have a barrel adjuster)-

On the left hand side shifter (which should control your front deraileur), find the barrel adjuster. (its the part closest to where the cable attaches)

Now turn that anti-clockwise, and you should see the front derailleur cage move closer to the largest gear up front. Play with the position of the cage until there is no more interference with the chain when shifting gears through the range on the rear derailleur.

Let me know if this works.
cya
R
Old 6th June 2006, 21:53   #39
BHPian

what do u think of this ??
Old 6th June 2006, 22:04   #40
BHPian

That.....is utter crapp!!!
Old 9th June 2006, 05:59   #41
BHPian

Bmxtb 2006

BMXTB on Sunday the 4th of June 2006

The write up in the saturday papers nailed my plans for the sunday, a puneite called Sammi Makki, absolute bicycle maniac was organising the BMXTB 2006 at the Centre for Police research, Pashan. I had to be there!!!

We reached the venue a little late but doubt we missed too much......

We walked over to where all the commotion was and was amazed at the cycles i saw!!! Here i was expecting the run-of-the-mill Hero Swing or Hercules Shox but the cycles there were advanced, way advanced!!!

Check the pics!!!

Cannondale Chase [Handmade in the US]

FOES Racing VTT

KONA Stab dee-lux

Santacruz V10 [I think!]

The organisers!!

Overall it was refreshing to see such dedication to a bicycle, and with the dedication came control!!!!

Again most of the action was caught on video!!!

Met a whole load of Auto enthusiasts there, OVERDRIVE was there covering the event too.[Note the K&N tee that the organiser is sporting!!!!]

Pictures by Stararmour and me and a few taken from the official website: www.ride2026.com

Last edited by Edmund : 9th June 2006 at 06:04.
Old 9th June 2006, 21:32   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey cowiee,

So you say that it shifts fine on all the rear gears now and the only problem is the chain hitting the front deraileur as you shift towards the smaller cogs...right?

Its pretty simple to fix (assuming you have a barrel adjuster)-

On the left hand side shifter (which should control your front deraileur), find the barrel adjuster. (its the part closest to where the cable attaches)

Now turn that anti-clockwise, and you should see the front derailleur cage move closer to the largest gear up front. Play with the position of the cage until there is no more interference with the chain when shifting gears through the range on the rear derailleur.

Let me know if this works.
cya
R
it is not helping sir ...tried to change the tension in the cable...not working
Old 9th June 2006, 21:39   #43
BHPian

man can we get these cycles in india???
and if yes how much will they be in green??
Old 9th June 2006, 21:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

BMW Bicycles

Old 9th June 2006, 21:55   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOaD AsSaSin!!
man can we get these cycles in india???
and if yes how much will they be in green??
Yup, the cycles are available in india legally through the organiser of the event and the prices start at 40k for a Kona!!!

If you're really interested i'll PM you Sammi's number!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks