Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2013, 10:59   #1
BHPian

G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013

We definitely know that Bangalore buzzes with biking groups. We cross many of them in our weekend rides and wonder which group was that and without knowing them, we tend to exchange a wave, a thumbs up or if time permits, share some words of experience too.

Yamaha Riders Club - India is happy to host an event which gives the biking groups and Bikers in Bangalore an opportunity to share a single platform to introduce themselves to all the other biking groups who would be joining the event.

Details at the event link : http://goo.gl/ZsYpD
Date : 28April2013
Time : 1000 hrs to 1500 hrs

G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013-yrc-event-poster_1024_withbw.jpg

We are expecting the following prominent groups to join us.

(In Alphabetical Order)
- Bangalore Bikers
- Bangalore Motoring Club
- Bangalore CBR 250 Riders
- Bangalore Jawa Yezdi Motorcycle Club
- Bangalore RD 350 Club
- Battalion Bikers
- Biker Bros
- Bikerni
- Born Riders
- FRN
- India Bull Riders MC - Bangalore Chapter
- KTM
- Naked Wolves
- THE MOB Club R15 Mysore
- The Odd Bunch
- Yamaha Riders Club - Bangalore Chapter

Please feel free to drop us a message if you have a prominent biking group in or around Bangalore, respecting biking as a religion and we will be happy to host you. We will have reserved parking for every group that confirms their presence with the number of bikers they will be joined along with. Every group is special.

We will have representatives from each group talking about their group in a platform which will be shared with DJ Joshua who will be there to entertain us with foot tapping music.

While we get introduced to all the other biking groups in Bangalore, Team Zero Gravityz will amaze us with their stunts defying gravity. You can't miss them.

And if you thought this was not enough, we are happy to have Asian Grand Prix Racer Rohit Giri share his experience off the track and few words on what it takes to become a Rohit Giri.

We will be witness to the following product groups too showcasing some eclectic products under one platform.

(In Alphabetical Order)
- Bangalore Wheels : Official Yamaha Dealer
- BMC Filters : Performance Filters
- Lets Gear Up : Biking Gears
- Race Dynamics : Performance Upgrades

The event is from 1000 hrs to 1500 hrs where we will break for lunch for sometime. You have various good eat outs around to take a pick from which includes CCD, KFC, Corner House and Indradhanush.

iamabiker.com is our official media partner while yamahafreaks.com is our official Online Forum partner. Thank you for supporting this event.

Looking forward to see you over there.

Note: This is a no profit event and the only sponsor is Bangalore Wheels who are taking care of the event cost by actuals. The rest of them have been invited to showcase their product at no cost other than the setup cost for their stalls. This is a pure intention to get the right people at the right place with the right stuff. So next time we pass a biking groups, we know whom we are waving to.
abhisheksircar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 12:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013

Appreciated effort; but are you planning to post in xBhp to gain maximum attention?
Old 24th April 2013, 23:48   #3
BHPian

Re: G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Appreciated effort; but are you planning to post in xBhp to gain maximum attention?
Glad you liked it Aargee

We would love to but then it's difficult to explain that this is a no profit event with no money taken from promoters also. The sheer purpose is to get bikers together and that's where it ends. Glad admins here understood the real purpose of the event.
Old 24th April 2013, 23:54   #4

Awesome abhi!

We are trying to invite bikers from all around without any bias. This is an event to know the riders around us and promote the brotherhood. As Abhi rightfully said this is a No Profit event, We consider team bhp also as a great platform to share the news with the biking folks here. I agree xbhp is a dedicated platform for bikers, but we didnt want to miss out on biking folks at team bhp.

PS: Since this is a no profit event, and a community event, I believe we aren't misusing the team bhp platform for reaching out to every biker out there.
Old 25th April 2013, 09:51   #5
BHPian

Awesome thread Abhishek. Wish I could be there. All the best for a grand success of the event. The biker in me sleeps as of now but some day.......... some day man..
Old 26th April 2013, 10:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning on attending this event.

Google maps says this place is close to / at the Indradhanush restaurant on the Blore Mysore Highway. Can anyone confirm?

I hope there are signboards on the way so we don't miss the venue.

A few of us are planning to ride over. Details of the discussion here.
Old 27th April 2013, 04:21   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Thumbs up to this great initiative. I really like how someone finally is trying to get all the different biking groups together at one place at one time. Hope this event is a grand success and sets the tone for future such events. Also appreciate the transparency wrt sponsorship. Unfortunately I will be travelling on work and wont be able to make it.
Old 29th April 2013, 11:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I'm planning on attending this event.
Google maps says this place is close to / at the Indradhanush restaurant on the Blore Mysore Highway. Can anyone confirm?
I am so sorry Aditya. Was so busy in getting things in place, missed out checking the thread. Did you attend the event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Thumbs up to this great initiative. I really like how someone finally is trying to get all the different biking groups together at one place at one time.
Thanks Neil. The event turn out was something that surpassed our expectation as well. There were 400+ bikers coming across around 10 biking groups. Some Legends. Although the event manager goofed up with speakers and the stage we had planned to set up, the music of the engines revving and the stunt show which went just right made it worth all the effort.

A big thanks to all the biking groups.

There were a zillion cameras around and we are busy collecting the pics. We will post a description of the event and pics soon. Hope to catch up in the next event.

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 29th April 2013 at 12:01.
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
I am so sorry Aditya. Was so busy in getting things in place, missed out checking the thread. Did you attend the event?
Yes, Abhishek, a couple of us attended the event but we had to leave after breakfast due to commitments. The show was yet to start so we missed it.

I got an opportunity to say hello to many friends who i had not met in a long time thanks to our busy schedules.

Do post a report of the meet with some pics.
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:03   #10
BHPian

Yamaha Riders Club - India started with 8 people deciding to ride their Yamahas together. Today we have a club of 150 members in Bangalore itself. It's not the numbers but the adherence to riding gear, respect for every other biker is what has got us here. We decided to celebrate our birthday by calling in every other biking club in Bangalore and we were surprised.

The location was Milestone 67 which as Aditya rightly said is at the same location as Indradhanush. This place also hosts KFC, Cafe Coffee Day and Corner House. The place was chosen due to it's ample parking space and enough options for eat out. Planning for the event in bare skeleton mode started long time back. Real running around started couple of weeks before the event. Thanks to all the YRC members and their "Can Do" attitude we were blessed with event which was way better than what we could have ever expected.

Trying to keep it short. If words are not your thing, here goes the pics (YRC Official Album of the Anniversary event)

What went right. YRC Members inspected everything else in the previous evening. The tShirts for the event were ready the previous evening and we were geared up for "The Day". Few of us reached the place 7 in the morning to ensure that there is no delay in things to be in place. A deal was struck with the food providers to give all the riders a certain amount of discount which was extended to every rider out there. A stamp confirmed that they came for the event.

1000 hrs is when we had declared the event to start but bikers started to trickle down from 0830 hrs itself. Well, no one likes traffic infested Mysore highway. The numbers kept increasing as time went by and we were happy with 150 bikers in one place. As time went by we ended up with a count of 400+ bikers coming as individuals or biking group in and around Bangalore making the place look like a big carnival for bikers. We were out of words. Every biker was stamped for the discounts and was requested to finish off with breakfast before we begin. While one group finished, another group came in and this went in for long. It was a sight to behold. While people were catching up with breakfast we were setting up the place for Race Concepts with their beasts under an OHC skin and the Race Spec R15, Race Dynamics with their Performance ECU and upgrades and Let's Gear Up with their after biking accessories. The stage for the event was set.

G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013-yrcposter.jpg

Bangalore Wheels owner was there to witness the occasion and a biker himself was right there on his Yamaha FZ1. Although he comes across so many bikers in his day to day life, this carnival atmosphere of bikers catching up in one place was something that impressed him as well. By the time the event got over, all he had to say is, "We should do this again in a better way soon".

We started with a controlled stunt show by Team Zero Gravity. This is a team from Mangalore who enthralled the crowd with their jaw dropping stunts. The crowd did not fall short of cheering and the performers never got tired of performing.

G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013-jupseystunt.jpg

We got the groups together to introduce each other and it was a pleasure to get introduced to the biking community in Bangalore.

G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013-thecrowd.jpg

While every group was unique in it's own way, it was no less to get to hear people known in the biking community in Bangalore share their experience with the crowd. Asian Gran Prix Rider Rohit Giri shared his experience off the track, Joel Joseph shared his experience of performance upgrades and last but not the least, the youngest rider in the event, Chakravarthy Sir who blows away everyone when we rides to an event like this on his RD350 and says he is young at 85.

Intros done, it was time to show off the machines which were bought in for the event. The upgraded OHCs blew off the crowd with it's specs and the way it behaved. It's to be seen in person to be believed. The Race Spec R15 was what caught the attention of every biker there with it's naked frame and an engine to entice any biker. The engines started revving and the crowd was just immersed in it's music. Although we did not have arrangements for music, what we heard was the kind of music everyone could relate to.

After a round of revving it was time to bid good bye with another round of stunt show before we called it a day after enjoying another round of food.

The event was successful not because we hosted it, not because the machines came in, not because of the place, not because of anything but the bikers themselves. Thanks to every individual and biking group that made this event a huge success.

Prominent Biking Groups who could make it to the event other than the hosts, Yamaha Riders Club - India were Naked Wolves, Bangalore CBR Riders, Free Riders Network, Bikerni,Bangalore Jawa Yezdi Club,KTM Owners Group, RD 350, India Bull Riders, The Odd Bunch and last but not the least Born Riders. I am sorry if I missed out on any names.

G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013-sbk.jpg

G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013-rd350.jpg

G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013-bullets.jpg

G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013-cbr.jpg

G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013-duke.jpg

G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013-r15_ns.jpg

G2G for Biking Groups from Bangalore : Sunday, 28th April, 2013-yrcmembers.jpg

What went wrong. The event manager who was supposed to get the speakers, stage, stall, DJ etc was supposed to have been duped by his provider and we were left with none of them. What went even wrong is that the guy disappeared the previous night and we were given the hope till 1100 hrs that something is on the way. Funny side to it was he was happy that he got the DJ although the speakers were not there. I wonder what would I do with the DJ without the speakers. Wish he was a dancer as well. Well that's were, fortunately our miseries ended. The event was successful although it could have been way better, which we will see soon !

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 3rd May 2013 at 16:06.
Old 6th May 2013, 11:30   #11

Wonderful report abhishek! Great pictures as usual.

Well, being a part of Yamaha Riders Club, I must say I have a new family now in Bangalore. The turn out was exceptional keeping in mind the 1 week publicity stint we had!

I am glad team-bhp members too turned up and extended their support towards the brotherhood.

Thanks one and all, and YRC for this event!

Cheers
KR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks