Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 16:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Duke Brothers - A 200 vs 390 pictorial comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Doc:

May I know exactly who is stopping you? Bajaj? Or T-Bhp mods? Part of the deal in doing the long term testing?

Just asking.
Bro why would the t-bhp mods stop someone from posting a report?

That said, there are guys pasting what I have posted on another forum and all sort of wild conjectures happening, so let me set the record straight.

There is no censorship, and no "stopping" going on. Simply a matter of timing. That's all I can share for now. As that is all I myself am privy to.

Please do not go looking for conspiracy theories. Or jump to worst case scenario conclusions about the bike. If there is one company today that actually listens and learns, it is Bajaj. And they are most definitely tuned in to the riding community and its needs, so whatever is happening behind the scenes is geared only towards getting to the market the best product possible.

All will be made amply clear when I can share my impressions with you. Both on the bike individually, and in comparison to the 200, from my perspective as a 200 rider.

P.S. And please, there is no "deal" happening. Each of the test riders rides the bike on his own risk and at his own cost. If you consider the distance covered and time and effort spent, it is not insubstantial. Not that a company like Bajaj cannot cover such, but it is for these very reasons such a policy is adopted, to rule out bias or indirect coercion.

Last edited by ebonho : 8th July 2013 at 16:29.
Old 8th July 2013, 18:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

At least later would we get to know why this was ASKED to hold back ?
Old 8th July 2013, 19:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
At least later would we get to know why this was ASKED to hold back ?
No man. You get to know of the bike field tested in the real world by real riders on real roads and without fancy words (or Da Vinci photographs!) over a good distance in all different riding conditions, terrains, traffic, visibility, traction, and weather, without ever babying the bike (including getting anal about fuel), or worrying too much about its future life or anything breaking or going boom. As close to destruction testing as we could manage. Yes the bikes were insured by Bajaj before handying them over to us.

Last edited by ebonho : 8th July 2013 at 19:07.
Old 8th July 2013, 23:28   #34

Rode the Test bike in Delhi today around the CP inner circle a few times. Even with the Bajaj attendant sitting behind me, it brought a huge grin to my life. In this world of diet alternatives, its like suddenly being served full cream punjabi lassi, with a generous dollop of malai on top. The only time i experienced such automotive nirvana was when i first rode my newly bought Pulsar 180 after years of riding the Bajaj Legend. Whatever God of autdom you pray to, whether its torque, speed, balance, agility or just that plain feeling of your pants being on fire, the Duke 390 will not leave you unrewarded.
I've ridden the Ninja 250 over long distances and it just felt like a faster version of my pulsar with more onlooker-attention than i care for. I also owned the first gen 200 Duke (february 2012 deliveries) and that was a bike that made me forget everything else (office, traffic, heat, the impending recession, the price of petrol) in its mad pursuit of gears and revs. That bike has now been sacrificed in the pursuit of a few (a lot) more bhp.
To anybody in love with the idea of biking, with the holy trinity of the man, the machine and the tarmac, i would suggest, nay request, to take a test ride.
This bike is a spiritual thing. It doesn't give the hooligan a bad name, just that the street fighter has now grown up and wearing a pin striped italian suit and smoking a cigar.
For once, the sequel is better than the original. Cheers
Kushagra_bhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 23:07   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
No man. You get to know of the bike field tested in the real world by real riders on real roads and without fancy words (or Da Vinci photographs!) over a good distance in all different riding conditions, terrains, traffic, visibility, traction, and weather, without ever babying the bike (including getting anal about fuel), or worrying too much about its future life or anything breaking or going boom. As close to destruction testing as we could manage. Yes the bikes were insured by Bajaj before handying them over to us.
Well, I was waiting (and waiting, and waiting, and waiting...) for this report, and finally lost patience. So I just booked it!

(But I am still be interested in reading the report). Soon?
Rollin' Thunda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 22:27   #36
BHPian

I am in the same boat as you RT, only difference being I booked it on 26th itself. I cannot describe how eager I am to read Doc's review! This would be my first bike in ~ 5 years, last being an R1 in 2008. I haven't ridden a bike since the last 3 years but hope to more than make up for it with the D390.
Old 11th July 2013, 03:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
I am in the same boat as you RT, only difference being I booked it on 26th itself. I cannot describe how eager I am to read Doc's review! This would be my first bike in ~ 5 years, last being an R1 in 2008. I haven't ridden a bike since the last 3 years but hope to more than make up for it with the D390.
So what happened to your R1?
Old 11th July 2013, 11:18   #38
BHPian

A more detailed comparison of the Dukes. The the specification comparison has been taken from KTM Naked bike.

Also click here to find out a more in detail review of the bike and more.
Old 18th July 2013, 14:05   #39
catchvinny

Hey doc, the wait is killing with no more buzz. It is feeling like the launched version is a sleeping tiger now and the awakening has shifted towards the RC390 and a few pokes to the adventure version.

Just give us something
  (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 13:10   #40
BHPian

I do not understand the reason for stopping reviewers from publishing their reviews! There is buzz in the market and everyone wants to know more about the bike. Shouldn't this make manufacturers happy!

Whats the issue here KMT? Other companies would die to get a buzz around their launches (read M&M/TVS's latest contraption), you have it all and you dont seem to be making the most out of it.

Last edited by mac187 : 24th July 2013 at 13:11.
Old 31st July 2013, 14:32   #41
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

HI doctor,

Much water has flown down the bridge now. Are you allowed to post now or still the wait continues ?
Old 1st August 2013, 15:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

There used to be a nice guy around here somewhere, name of Doc. Has anybody seen him lately?

He owes me an opinion.

If you see him, do tell him ...
sridhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:55   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
There used to be a nice guy around here somewhere, name of Doc. Has anybody seen him lately?

He owes me an opinion.

If you see him, do tell him ...
He's 'Thanked' the post to add insult to inury
With the forced wait, we're being made to endure, you'd better throw in some decent pics alongwith the write-up Doc !
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericK46 View Post

... you'd better throw in some decent pics alongwith the write-up Doc !
That will be the day!

I, for one, am certainly not waiting for pictures for doc
sridhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:00   #45
BHPian

I am sure he'll make up for all the waiting with a well detailed review, and compensate for the pics with words that paint vivid images!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks