Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2013, 13:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Thunderbird 500 : Arranged marriage

Wow the roads look very inviting, how long is the ride upto the peak?
Suppose leeches are good
Old 22nd July 2013, 02:58   #32

Great Fun Bro. Cheers !!! by the way, proper way of removing leeches is via Salt Water or Vinegar. Have Fun.
Old 24th July 2013, 06:54   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Wow the roads look very inviting, how long is the ride upto the peak?
Suppose leeches are good
Ya its nice but just a 4 km ride to the peak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Great Fun Bro. Cheers !!! by the way, proper way of removing leeches is via Salt Water or Vinegar. Have Fun.
Ya right but we locals just pull it off as they are tiny ones. The method you suggest is required for the bigger ones.
Old 24th July 2013, 07:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Awesome stuff, great to see you enjoying the bike, the Thunderbird in its present avatar is receiving a thumping response, see so many of them on the roads already, how is the long ride comfort? at a glance, it seems to have the riding position very well sorted out, but nothing like hearing it from the horse's mouth
Old 24th July 2013, 11:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Some forms of traditional medicine actually use leeches as therapy for a variety of ailments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirudin
Old 25th July 2013, 04:20   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Although some kinds of leeches can be helpful, others are not.

Some of the worst of them often seem to be close relatives. :(
Old 25th July 2013, 06:45   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Awesome stuff, great to see you enjoying the bike, the Thunderbird in its present avatar is receiving a thumping response, see so many of them on the roads already, how is the long ride comfort? at a glance, it seems to have the riding position very well sorted out, but nothing like hearing it from the horse's mouth
The ride comfort is superb. But the max distance I've covered in single strect is just 25 kms....round trip 50 kms. This wont be sufficient to judge on very long distance rides, but I feel that the bike is very vey comfortable. Ans yes while cornering the bike does give you a feeling of confidence to lean.
Old 24th October 2013, 18:18   #38
BHPian

Hi guys. I am having a small issue. The spanner symbol is supposed to blink when the bull nears service. While approaching 500 kms it started blinking and after completing oil change etc I reset the signal. But now at around 1300 kms it again started blinking. I reset it but it again started blinking again at 1500 kms. Any suggestions?
Old 25th October 2013, 12:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinegopi View Post
Hi guys. I am having a small issue. The spanner symbol is supposed to blink when the bull nears service. While approaching 500 kms it started blinking and after completing oil change etc I reset the signal. But now at around 1300 kms it again started blinking. I reset it but it again started blinking again at 1500 kms. Any suggestions?
Hi marinegopi, hope you are enjoying the rides just as i am

For the spanner symbol, i think it is factory programmed to blink every 500 kms (instead of appropriate service intervals). So ignore the signal as it will keep repeating every 500 kms. Mine does too.

Alternatively, you may get the ECU remapped to solve this completely but i suggest if you TB is running fine, do not bother re mapping the ECU. Switching off the signal is easy.

Hope this helps.
sam_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 12:41   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post

Hi marinegopi, hope you are enjoying the rides just as i am

For the spanner symbol, i think it is factory programmed to blink every 500 kms (instead of appropriate service intervals). So ignore the signal as it will keep repeating every 500 kms. Mine does too.

Alternatively, you may get the ECU remapped to solve this completely but i suggest if you TB is running fine, do not bother re mapping the ECU. Switching off the signal is easy.

Hope this helps.
Hey sam. Thanks a ton for the information. Ya I guess it's a 500 km setting. Ya I reset it. And I am enjoying the bull. But as I don't have a RE dealer or service centre in andaman islands so all servicing is by self. So no option of remapping!!!
Thanks again sam. Keep thumping

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks