Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 19:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Bike Security system with remote start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Just a word of caution - Usng these type of products will void the warranty of the vehicle as it involves playing with stock wiring harness
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Thanks for sounding the caution,aargee sir..I would'nt dream of doing any modification if the warranty gets void.
Most of these are now plug and play and do not need any splicing of the original wire harness. Warranty should not be an issue, if installed as recommended.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 19:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Most of these are now plug and play and do not need any splicing of the original wire harness. Warranty should not be an issue, if installed as recommended.
Have you used them? If so, please let us know how it can be installed without touching the wiring harness OR drawing additional power from stock battery. Drawing additional power from battery is also considered for out of warranty
Old 25th August 2014, 19:42   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have you used them? If so, please let us know how it can be installed without touching the wiring harness OR drawing additional power from stock battery. Drawing additional power from battery is also considered for out of warranty
Hi Aargee,
I use a Minda system in my Pulsar 180. IIRC there was no splicing of wire involved while installing it. It also has a separate battery for its own operation. The box contained the circuit diagram to install it, without any cutting. Will have to scourge around for the box. Also I have visited the Bajaj A** for service and other minor issues. They were readily covered under the warranty.

PS: I have seen a few bikes in my friend/relative circle with the particular Xenos security system. They go kaput when exposed to water during service. My Minda system hasn't yet thrown any tantrums (in 1 yr of use) though it has got exposed to water a few times.

Last edited by ashis89 : 25th August 2014 at 19:51. Reason: Additional details
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 19:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Hi Aargee,
I use a Minda system in my Pulsar 180. IIRC there was no splicing of wire involved while installing it. It also has a separate battery for its own operation. Also I have visited the Bajaj A** for service and other minor issues. They were readily covered under the warranty.
Unfortunately mine was without remote start since my Suzuki Fiero had this system fitted in the year 2002 (The Fiero had the electronic push button start though). Even at that time, there was no cutting of wires, the system had proper clip on extenders or splitters as was needed (may not be the right technical word but you should get the idea of what I am trying to convey here) and the battery point was just a metal loop that went into the regular bolt system. Mine was by a company at MIDC Andheri at the time, I don't even know if they exist now.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 03:38   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I couldn't help but chuckle as I read the message in the link when it said,

" Have you ever wished you could warm your bike up on the cold morning without going outside until you were ready to ride? ".

IMO, it standing outside in the cold while you warm up the bikes engine is too much to do, the rider better steal wifies car keys and drive to work in her car.

Just standing there while the engine warms up is the warmest part of the journey.

A good strong cable lock can help prevent thief's but it has the disadvantage of catching the unwary rider too. Don't ask me about dropping my RE when I forgot to remove one before trying to ride it.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks