Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 21:23   #91
BHPian

Re: My Orange Hooligan comes home: The KTM Duke 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
This was in Keretonnur, near Mandya/Pandavapura.
Thanks mate - nice spot. Also, tried googling this - what's the service interval? the answers I could find vary from nuts to wild..
Old 9th August 2014, 11:08   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Most of us Indians are more worried about how we look on a bike more than how practical a bike is for our kind of usage.

From my childhood I have always heard (and even said) the line "Nin personality ge Bullet-ee suit aagadu guru" (For your personality Bullet only suits guru) in reference to a tall and/or fat guy looking for a bike, where as I have seen small guys ride REs and big guys ride KTMs too.

In fact I see a big guy ride a KTM near my place frequently and he does seem to make the bike look puny.
I agree. I'm 6'4 and weigh 130+. Almost every biking enthusiast I knew wanted to push me down to the Street 750/Desert Storm cave. I ended up with a 390, and I'm loving every bit of it. With all honesty, it really doesn't matter how you look on the bike. People still stare at the ride more than they'd stare at me. It's your money. It's your choice. It's your pride. No one else should have any opinion on it. And with all honesty, the same friends who advised me to bury my 390 ideas are the ones who go all 'Whoa! You actually look good on it!' now.
barcalad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 12:40   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridutt View Post
Thanks mate - nice spot. Also, tried googling this - what's the service interval? the answers I could find vary from nuts to wild..
Hi Sridutt! The first service is at 1000km followed by a 5000km interval thereafter. The first three free services (till the 11k service) also have time based intervals.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 09:00   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Figured a way around this, switch the engine cutoff on the handlebar for about 10 secs and then crank without using the accelerator. Using the accelerator floods the engine causing the starting problems.
- chap here says is a carbon deposit issue. Another chap in the comments recommended a fuel filter. Inline fuel filter.

Might work. Plus at under 400 a pop, might be worth a try.
Old 23rd August 2014, 15:34   #95
BHPian

A friend's 390 is suffering a strange electrical problem. At low rpm the speedo reading stops and then after a while there's low battery warning. Everything works fine on high rpm runs as the battery will be charging at a higher rate . The charging rate is at 13.6 most of the time when normal value is 14 at idle. The SVC guys went through the entire circuit including alternator and brought back the charging rate to 14.

He reads frequently in rain and during our ride day before we experienced some pretty rains including waddling through pools at good speeds. The some issue again cropped, now with added grounding sound ( rubbing two electrical ends kind) which was quite scary to say the least in wet condition. The left turn signals blinks faster than normal. The bike is in SVC now and we trying to push for a complete wiring harness under warranty. Has anyone has experienced this problem ?

PS - have experienced the same on 200 as well but the entire MID would reset every few seconds, but in this case only speedo stops.
Old 27th November 2014, 19:58   #96
BHPian

Hi Added flavour,

I am going thru this thread before i finalize the deal for my proposed new ktm d 390. I saw one of the picture, taken, where in there are two dukes side by side. The one which has rear grill which can carry, some luggages i believe. The works looks really cool. Can you guide me where that work had got done, so that i can get it done for my tourer requirements. (Refer pg 4 for the pic i referred to)

Last edited by ru153 : 27th November 2014 at 20:11.
Old 28th November 2014, 09:29   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru153 View Post
Hi Added flavour,

I am going thru this thread before i finalize the deal for my proposed new ktm d 390. I saw one of the picture, taken, where in there are two dukes side by side. The one which has rear grill which can carry, some luggages i believe. The works looks really cool. Can you guide me where that work had got done, so that i can get it done for my tourer requirements. (Refer pg 4 for the pic i referred to)
That bike belongs to black12rr. You can check with him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks