Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:06   #1
BHPian

Rider Mania 2014

Staring a thread for Rider mania for the benefit of all the Enfield riders here .Most of you may be already clued in on the same but some intro about it for those of you who are wondering what this is all about .

Come January 2014 all the Enfield riders riders are set to pack bags and ride down to chennai to be a part of the 12th edition of Rider Mania an annual jamboree of Enfiled riders and clubs in the world .The event has been traveling through the country and this year is being hosted by the madras-bulls from Chennai .

Rider mania is a non-profit community building event being run for the past 11 years and is currently owned by BOBMC (Brotherhood of bulleteers motorcycling consortium) BOBMC is a common forum to bring together all the Enfield riding Clubs in the world and has over 70 Enfiled riding clubs under its umbrella . BOBMC aims to increase inter-club interaction and help each other building camaraderie among motorcyclists especially Enfield riders.

Rider mania is run by volunteers from the clubs who put in enormous effort in making the event a grand success.In fact the success has been so significant that has triggered many parallel "wanna be that" .Rider mania has till now travelled across the length and breadth of the country including the North east .

The event would be held on the 18th and 19th of january 2014 and would welcome all Enfiled riders and enfiled riding clubs .Expected to draw over 1200 riders this year from all parts of the world this is definitely an event any enfiled rider would not wnat to miss .Earlybird registrations will open on the 25th of september .More details are on www.bobmcridermania.com or the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BOBMCRM

Thanks

Prashanth
traditionz@vsnl.net

Mods -Hope this is on the right place on the forum.
Voyager is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:28   #2
BHPian

Re: Rider Mania 2014

Thanks for the information Voyager. Have been hearing about Ridermania from various sources and finally a detailed intro right here on Team-BHP. Would be looking eagerly on the updates.

Though I do not belong to any of the bullet clubs and I do not participate actively in these drives, as the multi day drives usually end at the hotel bar and I for one do not fit into that set. And on one such rides a few years back, I was almost alone for the couple of nights we stayed, except for the few who preferred to return with a couple of shots. That was the last time I went for a group drive with an overnight stay.

But I am surely looking forward to participate in Rider Mania 2014(provided my calender doesn't have any clashes) since this event is at chennai and probably I can return home when the rest move towards water.
Old 24th September 2013, 18:51   #3
BHPian

As of today 662 registrations done. http://royalenfield.com/ridermania/home/index.aspx
Also if one registers before 29th September the applicable fee is the least possible(early bird discount)

upto 29th September - Rs 600
30th Sep to 31st Oct 2013 - Rs 800
1st Nov to 19th Nov 2013 - Rs 1000
On-spot Registration - Rs 1200
Day pass - Rs 600
Old 25th September 2013, 11:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
As of today 662 registrations done. http://royalenfield.com/ridermania/home/index.aspx
Also if one registers before 29th September the applicable fee is the least possible(early bird discount)

upto 29th September - Rs 600
30th Sep to 31st Oct 2013 - Rs 800
1st Nov to 19th Nov 2013 - Rs 1000
On-spot Registration - Rs 1200
Day pass - Rs 600
Hi Vtec ,

Please do not be misled .The rider-mania you are referring to is the wanna be rider mania which RE tries to run parallel to the original club event as the club event has gotten so popular now . The community event is a volunteer run event and is run on a no-profit basis and is a total residential event for two days the details are on www.bobmcridermania.com . this event is run by the community, for the community and is not affiliated to the manufacturer .70 different clubs form the BOBMC (Brotherhood of bulleteers motorcyling community) and participate in this rotating event .

Please look up on www.bobmcridermania.com to understand the full history and how it all started and where all it has been.

Thanks

Prashanth

Last edited by Voyager : 25th September 2013 at 12:01.
Voyager is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 12:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Thanks for the information Voyager. Have been hearing about Ridermania from various sources and finally a detailed intro right here on Team-BHP. Would be looking eagerly on the updates.

Though I do not belong to any of the bullet clubs and I do not participate actively in these drives, as the multi day drives usually end at the hotel bar and I for one do not fit into that set. And on one such rides a few years back, I was almost alone for the couple of nights we stayed, except for the few who preferred to return with a couple of shots. That was the last time I went for a group drive with an overnight stay.

But I am surely looking forward to participate in Rider Mania 2014(provided my calender doesn't have any clashes) since this event is at chennai and probably I can return home when the rest move towards water.

Hi swami ,

The registrations have just started and all details are at http://bobmcridermania.com/about/terms-and-conditions/

Thanks

Prashanth
Attached Thumbnails
Rider Mania 2014-invite_web.jpg  

Last edited by Voyager : 25th September 2013 at 12:12.
Voyager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 12:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Hi Vtec ,

Please do not be misled .The rider-mania you are referring to is the wanna be rider mania which RE tries to run parallel to the original club event as the club event has gotten so popular now .
Oops. My bad. I am aware of these two streams. Sorry for the confusion. Just got carried away!
the VTEC guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 06:55   #7

Hi,

Has anyone been a part of the previous held Rider Mania ? If so, How was the experience? Being Chennai as my Home Town, should you folks suggest to try it ? What say ?

Do we have an On the Spot registration on the proposed dates ? Did we have it the last time it was conducted ?

By any chance, can I stay at my home and then drive in to the place without any registration being done ? Do they allow us to at least view the event for some good photography sessions ?

I know its a lots question, but still would definitely clear the doubt not just for me; I suppose : ) Thanks.

Rgs,
VTV
Old 26th September 2013, 10:59   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidhyarranyan View Post
Hi,

Has anyone been a part of the previous held Rider Mania ? If so, How was the experience? Being Chennai as my Home Town, should you folks suggest to try it ? What say ?
Its one of its kind event in India & its all about Royal Enfield bike & bikers. Its one amazing event and don't think any enfield enthusiast should miss it.
Quote:
Do we have an On the Spot registration on the proposed dates ? Did we have it the last time it was conducted ?
Yes, there were on the spot registration on the previous RMs but its always subject to availability. Looking at the response, i doubt if its possible this time. I guess there were more than 400 registrations just in initial 2 days. better you register now as even if you get last minute entry, cost will be too high.

Quote:
By any chance, can I stay at my home and then drive in to the place without any registration being done ? Do they allow us to at least view the event for some good photography sessions ?
As far as i know, no one allowed to enter with any other vehicle than an Royal Enfield bike. For the phography session, you can check with the mods at BOBMC. http://bobmcridermania.com/about/join-bobmc/

Hope it helped.
adroit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 12:43   #9

Thank you so much Bro .. Do we have any Bhpian turning in for the ride ? I may accompany them ..

You are ryte, i spoke to Contact Persons:
1. Rajasekar a.k.a Owner +91 8939996999

and he told me, on the spot entry for RM14 wont be there this time. Lol also checked if i could stay at my home as its in the town and asked if i could turn in without paying the amount. He told me, i will be considered as an Outsider then and will not be allowed :P

Rgs,
Vidhyarranyan (*Vtv*)
Old 27th September 2013, 18:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Love the Rider Mania - the real one.

Sadly, can't go anymore as I only own a "plastic" bike
Old 9th October 2013, 14:25   #11
BHPian

With 800 registrations already and a capacity of 1500 i expect it should be sold out as soon .The next set of registrations are expected to open post the 12th once the earlier registrations are all processed.

www.bobmcridermania.com will have all the details

http://overdrive.in/news/rider-mania...rations-begin/

prashanth
Voyager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 12:58   #12

I have succesfully registered for this event. Would be fun to meet you guys there at the event. Please confirm your move for a team up.
Old 14th October 2013, 07:41   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Love the Rider Mania - the real one.
Sadly, can't go anymore as I only own a "plastic" bike
Real one's, if those a couple of years were to say so, allowed all Enthusiasts. You may just have to park your car or bike not with bullets, simple as that. Few fellows stayed outside & rode in without registering because of their leave issues. If the current one is for RE riders alone, i feel sorry for the 'real' tag.
Old 21st January 2014, 17:46   #14
BHPian

Assorted pictures from my friends who were lucky to be there.
Attached Thumbnails
Rider Mania 2014-img20140119wa0025.jpg  

Rider Mania 2014-img20140120wa0027.jpg  

Rider Mania 2014-img20140119wa0027.jpg  

Rider Mania 2014-img20140119wa0019.jpg  

Rider Mania 2014-img20140119wa0015.jpg  

Rider Mania 2014-img20140118wa0020.jpg  

Rider Mania 2014-img20140118wa0015.jpg  

Rider Mania 2014-img20140118wa0014.jpg  

Rider Mania 2014-img20140121wa0025.jpg  

adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed