Team-BHP - Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/147225-hero-announces-150cc-turbo-diesel-scooter-dash-110cc-scooter.html)

Motorbeam have reported that HeromoroCorp have launched a new scooter Dash:

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-500x375xherodashscooter.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nzmirvmt6g.jpg

Hero Dash, an Activa competitor, features combi-braking system & is powered by a 111cc engine. It also gets LED tail lights & service indicator.

They are also coming up with a 150CC DIESEL engine for its 2-wheeler :Cheering:. It will be the RNT scooter that gets a liquid-cooled 6-speed turbo-diesel engine with 13.5PS of power & makes 35 Nm torque (Courtesy Overdrive).

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herornt.jpg

The RNT also gets detachable headlamps that double up as a torch.

The company has also showcased an all new performance bike - HX250R, which produces 31 BHP of power at 9000 RPM & reaches from 0-60 km/hr in just 2.7 seconds. It features a 4-valve DOHC engine & an under seat exhaust.

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-500x375xhero4valvebike.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yjnijc6a3c.jpg
Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-500x375xherosportsbike.jpg.pagespeed.ic.mkdiq3p9l5.jpg
Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-heroautoexpo2014.jpg
Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-heroebr250ccmotorcycle.jpg

Apart from the above, the updated versions of the Pleasure scooter, Xtreme, Karizma-R & ZMR will go on sale in the next three months.

More details here:

http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/hero-...-dash-scooter/

I will try to get more details ASAP.

So, finally Hero is now out of it's Honda hangover. Good for them.
According to the report, the new engine runs on diesel and it's a 150cc TDI motor.

This motor is featured in a new bike called RnT which outputs 13.5 BHP of power and 35 Nm of torque!

Any idea how much the bike will tip on the weighing scale?

Hopefully we will get more information.

"The Leap hybird scooter has been showcased as well, it uses front and rear LEDs, being powered by a lithium-ion battery"

They mean two motors, will be interesting to see hybrid push and what the price will be.

Damn, there goes the small queues at the fuel pump for the diesel car owners !
On a serious note, what is the government's stance on 2 wheelers running on Diesel?
Don't you think this will exponentially increase the consumption of Diesel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3356870)
The RNT also gets detachable headlamps that double up as a torch.

What?!! :eek: Do they have a weird and wacky award under which certain concepts are made? Also look at that RnT dabba! They think people will actually buy such a strange looking thing? It almost looks like they made a kid sit with a scale and draw that thing with straight lines!!!

Now this is interesting! I thought they had lost path on seeing their 2014 Karizma and CBZ Extreme updates, but looks like they are back to business! Finally a true performance product and a Diesel scooter?? Respect!

If they manage to get the vibes and NVH part sorted out, this could really be a game changer!

Motorbeam uploaded more details of the HX250R Sport bike here:

http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/hero-...rice-pictures/

The Leap scooter is a hybrid, powered by a lithium-ion battery.

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-500x375xheroleapscooter.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qcp49arvhg.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3356870)
Motorbeam have reported that HeromoroCorp have launched a new scooter Dash

Thanks a lot for the news . The HX250R looks very promising . I thought it was the end of road for hero after the new 2014 karizma , but they have pulled this one off and proved me wrong.

One question , what does RNT mean ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 3356914)
What?!! :eek: Do they have a weird and wacky award under which certain concepts are made? Also look at that RnT dabba! They think people will actually buy such a strange looking thing? It almost looks like they made a kid sit with a scale and draw that thing with straight lines!!!

Not only this the RNT diesel bike is 2-wheel drive! It uses an electronic motor in the front. So technology part has been taken care off, but not the looks part, it seems

Could you also do the favour of merging this post with my earlier one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by girimajiananth (Post 3356935)
Thanks a lot for the news . The HX250R looks very promising . I thought it was the end of road for hero after the new 2014 karizma , but they have pulled this one off and proved me wrong.

One question , what does RNT mean ?

agree: HX250R seems served hot from the racetrack & measures upto the Ninja 250CC (33bhp) in output terms. EBR association has definitely paid off :thumbs up.

RNT meaning - No idea Sirji. If I get an idea, will definitely post here.

Hehehe!! I think they've just launched the engine; the scooter is going to be different! Almost looks like a Lambretta without a headlight. No wait; the Lambretta definitely looked better! But the HX250 looks yummy. 31 bhp is good, really good! I'm glad its Hero Technology too (which is basically Buell/Ducati/and their other partners). I am not sure if the Honda refinement and reliability will be there; but i hope it is!

I'm going to buy the HX250 within 2 years of its launch! I have full faith in Hero's cycle parts but not in the new engines. So i'll wait for the long term ownership reports/reliability reports from the market and then put my money down on it.

Superb Hero! You truly are a Hero! We hope you become the next Bajaj of India always on the brink of coming up with new technological innovations

Another shot of the HX250R. Some more details from @TopGearIndia

The HeroHX250R also gets eco and power modes, rear mono shocks, combination ABS brakes, underseat exhaust and 6-speed gearbox.

I still remember my friend's cbz extreme which used to help me digest food while riding it, thanks to its vibration. A tdi engine will have to be braced properly to avoid too much vibration but i think this will sell well. Hero seems to be coming back from its slump :)

Nice to see some action from Hero. The 250cc bike seems promising, but the fuel tank has spoiled the looks.

Link to Motorbeam article on more details on Hero RNT:

http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/hero-...el-motorcycle/

The 250cc bikes looks promising, do we have more details about it regarding the number of cylinder/planned launch date etc?
Kudos to Hero to come up with a respectable diesel motor, no awards to to the design department though. Now the wait is on to test the real world drivability of the motor.