Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2014, 11:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia

AS per an ODI report (see below) Kawasaki has revealed in Indonesia a single cylinder 250cc Ninja sports-bike, which produces 28PS of power at 9700rpm & 22.6Nm of torque at 8200rpm:

http://overdrive.in/news/kawasaki-ni...-in-indonesia/

The bike was also rumoured to to be christened as 250SL, is a full faired bike & has profile similar to Ninja 300R (barring a single-pot headlight assembly as compared to the twin-pot headlights in the Ninja 300R). The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox, 11 Liter fuel tank & the bike is 151 kgs heavy (kerb weight). It is claimed to achieve a top whack of 153 kmph.

The bike measures 1,935mm x 685mm x 1,075mm (length x width x height) with 100/80-17 & 130/70-17 section tyres at the front & back respectively. The Ninja RR Mono employs a single, 263mm petal disc at the front and a 193mm petal disc at the rear, both with dual-piston calipers.

The Ninja RR Mono will be priced significantly cheaper than its parallel twin engine-equipped sibling, in direct competition with the Honda CBR250R & the upcoming Yamaha R25.

Pics of the bike:

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia-ninjarrmono1.jpg

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia-kawasakininjarrmono250cc.jpg

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia-kawasakininjarrmonoconsole.jpg

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia-kawasakininjarrmonogreen.jpg

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia-kawasakininjarrmonoside.jpg

Last edited by CARDEEP : 15th February 2014 at 11:58.
CARDEEP is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 14:20   #2
BANNED

Re: RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia

I hear that ABS hasn't been provided!?
Big Fail, if that's the case
TheDevil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 14:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Lovely looking bike - should be direct competition to the CBR 250r. Price it right and it will eat into sales on that (whatever is left after the Duke 390 bite). The Yam 250 is what I'm really interested in seeing. Too long have they been playing around with the very excellent but too small 150. Time to grow up and play with the big boys Yam. Remember your RD 350 lineage!
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 18:12   #4
BANNED

Quote:
The bike was also rumoured to to be christened as 250SL, is a full faired bike & has profile similar to Ninja 300R (barring a single-pot headlight assembly as compared to the twin-pot headlights in the Ninja 300R).

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia-130455d1389031111newkawasakisupersportspiedindonesianinja.jpg

More pics

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia-136283d1392384404newkawasakisupersportspiedindonesiakawasakininja250rrmono1.jpg

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia-136284d1392384405newkawasakisupersportspiedindonesiakawasakininja250rrmono2.jpg

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia-136285d1392384408newkawasakisupersportspiedindonesiakawasakininja250rrmono3.jpg

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia-136286d1392384410newkawasakisupersportspiedindonesiakawasakininja250rrmono4.jpg

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia-136287d1392384411newkawasakisupersportspiedindonesiakawasakininja250rrmono5.jpg

RR Mono, Kawasaki's 250cc single cylinder Ninja revealed in Indonesia-136288d1392384415newkawasakisupersportspiedindonesiakawasakininja250rrmono6.jpg
HyperRetard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 23:22   #5
BHPian

It gets better and better. What a drastic change in the market.

Even if they price it 20% more than the CBR it might just work.
Old 15th February 2014, 23:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

The bike looks tasty. Well done Kawasaki, now get is here post haste!

Whats with the manufacturers using a fully digital console for their bikes nowadays? There is no better joy than seeing the RPM needle dancing in tune with the moves of your right hand.

I still fondly remember my Shogun just for this. I feel it had one of the best looking meters.
hiren.mistry is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 15:14   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Lovely looking bike - should be direct competition to the CBR 250r. Price it right and it will eat into sales on that (whatever is left after the Duke 390 bite). The Yam 250 is what I'm really interested in seeing. Too long have they been playing around with the very excellent but too small 150. Time to grow up and play with the big boys Yam. Remember your RD 350 lineage!
Honda is going to have more sleepless nights (as if they already didn't have enough of late) if this beauty from Kawasaki is released in India. Honda needs to seriously rethink their pricing strategy, which is already under considerable stress with the launch of Duke 390 at a mouthwatering price. The launch of Bajaj's CS 400, at a lower price point than that of Duke 390, will again swerve the decisions of many who were earlier considering the CBR. Hero's HX 250R, when it is launched, is also not going to make things any easier for Honda.

Last edited by Ironhide : 17th February 2014 at 15:16.
Ironhide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 17:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Honda is going to have more sleepless nights (as if they already didn't have enough of late) if this beauty from Kawasaki is released in India. Honda needs to seriously rethink their pricing strategy, which is already under considerable stress with the launch of Duke 390 at a mouthwatering price. The launch of Bajaj's CS 400, at a lower price point than that of Duke 390, will again swerve the decisions of many who were earlier considering the CBR. Hero's HX 250R, when it is launched, is also not going to make things any easier for Honda.
I don't think Honda is interested. They have a similar attitude in the motorcycle segment as Toyota have in the MUV segment. If you are interested, come and buy. If not, move aside and out of the way. You are holding up the queue. Test rides/drives? Ditto. The reputation is enough. Are you mad asking for a test ride/drive? Do you think you are any different from the 1 million customers before you or likely after you? All this with a suitably incredulous look on your face. As if you are an alien from outer space.

Last edited by ebonho : 17th February 2014 at 17:09.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 18:11   #9
BHPian

Hahaha! Nicely put! I got a huge grin on my face when i read that. Although i would love to agree with you; but I believe that attitude has now changed. You can see them shouting that they would be uprooting Hero from the Number 1 position and coming out with a slew of launches in the 100-125 cc segment (Motorcycles and Scooters both). They were the Toyota of Motorbikes; yes no doubt about it. But now they are slowly becoming the Hyundai of Motorbikes!
Old 17th February 2014, 19:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Hahaha! Nicely put! I got a huge grin on my face when i read that. Although i would love to agree with you; but I believe that attitude has now changed. You can see them shouting that they would be uprooting Hero from the Number 1 position and coming out with a slew of launches in the 100-125 cc segment (Motorcycles and Scooters both). They were the Toyota of Motorbikes; yes no doubt about it. But now they are slowly becoming the Hyundai of Motorbikes!
Not as per my recent experience of test riding 150 cc super commuters with a relative of mine.

Getting a test ride of Unicorn or Trigger was like asking them if we could have a blind date with Deepika Padukone.

Not impossible, but very very reluctantly.
Old 18th February 2014, 19:52   #11
BHPian

Woahh..
The bike looks really good.
Hope it comes to India and they price it in the range of 1.5 - 2 lakhs.
This will put a dent to the duke 390 sales if prices appropriately.
Old 18th February 2014, 21:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not as per my recent experience of test riding 150 cc super commuters with a relative of mine.

Getting a test ride of Unicorn or Trigger was like asking them if we could have a blind date with Deepika Padukone.

Not impossible, but very very reluctantly.
On a seperate note Triumph Bangalore is doing a stellar job in the customer handling.A fellow tbhpian with a 200NS was handes over the keys to a Bonneville for a test ride alone.Albiet he was wearing full riding gear and the credit card was kept as a deposit. He also got a short ride in the Explorer.Inspite of him making clear he was not a prospective customer.:-)

Last edited by avishar : 18th February 2014 at 21:14.
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 22:25   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush1434 View Post
Woahh..
The bike looks really good.
Hope it comes to India and they price it in the range of 1.5 - 2 lakhs.
This will put a dent to the duke 390 sales if prices appropriately.
I wonder of there will be such a dent as both will sold under Bajaj in India.

OT : I see a lot pf 390 's in Bangalore. More than the 200 on most days.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 19:55   #14
BHPian

I hope they get it soon to India and price it close to CBR250R

Quote:
I don't think Honda is interested. They have a similar attitude in the motorcycle segment as Toyota have in the MUV segment. If you are interested, come and buy. If not, move aside and out of the way. You are holding up the queue. Test rides/drives? Ditto. The reputation is enough. Are you mad asking for a test ride/drive? Do you think you are any different from the 1 million customers before you or likely after you? All this with a suitably incredulous look on your face. As if you are an alien from outer space.
The morons at Honda 2 wheelers switched off the showroom lights as I was signing a check for the full amount for CBR250R!!!

The ABSOLUTE WORST behaviour in 2-wheeler segments I have ever seen. Will never touch a Honda 2-wheeler dealer with a barge pole
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 10:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
The morons at Honda 2 wheelers switched off the showroom lights as I was signing a check for the full amount for CBR250R!!!

The ABSOLUTE WORST behaviour in 2-wheeler segments I have ever seen. Will never touch a Honda 2-wheeler dealer with a barge pole
I am begining to agree and seeing first hand what the motorcycling community in India has been crying about for so many years now.

Forget about any bows or ribbons or sweets or photo or any such feel-good key handing over ceremony for a new bike to a new paying customer. Its a mela at any dealership. At any given time 40-50 people waiting to pick up their new vehicles. Brand new vehicles waiting outside in the sun and dust in the general parking. 3-4 hour wait as your file gets passed from desk to desk. More if you do not get agitated and push them along. Sours the entire experience. One reason could be the wafe thin margins that Honda would be allowing the dealers for fast moving models. They are quite simply not interested. And they have no qualms in the customer being shown that. Disgusting. Hats off to Bajaj. Even they sell a ton of bikes. But I have never been made to feel that they are doing me a favor. Quite the opposite.

A big thumbs down for Honda and its dealers. The most PATHETIC in India.
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks