Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2014, 17:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Big Rock Motopark - Bangalore's very own Motocross Track!

Guys, never knew that we had a off road track near to Bangalore where we can go and enjoy some mud bashing. I was trying to find more details about an off road track featured in a recently released Malayalam movie (Bangalore Days), when I came across this hidden Gem.

Big Rock Motopark

This park is founded and operated by CS Santosh, one of India's best motor-cross rider and is situated at a 45-acre mango orchard at Kolar, about 80 km from Bangalore. This off road track was opened on December 2013.

A half day session costs INR 6,000 and includes food, gear and the motorcycle (Honda CRF 230F). The ride can be scheduled for a time convenient to you and it also includes a trail ride with Santosh himself.

An excerpt from an article:

“Big Rock was built to fill the need for an Off Road park in India. At this park not only do we have beginner to intermediate level tracks but they are also really safe. We also have killer trail riding which is the main attraction! Apart from the tracks we also have 6 off road bikes mainly the Honda 230Fs,” said Santosh. “We provide riding gear and all the protection necessary along with basic training for you to be able to have fun. It’s a one stop shop for off roaders and we entertain only enthusiasts,” he added.

Source

Few photos from Google:

Big Rock Motopark - Bangalore's very own Motocross Track!-bigrockmotoparklogo.png

Big Rock Motopark - Bangalore's very own Motocross Track!-994674_10152123503449730_2108294644_n.jpg

Big Rock Motopark - Bangalore's very own Motocross Track!-537046_10152974573737925_610776520_n.jpg

Big Rock Motopark - Bangalore's very own Motocross Track!-995571_10152974557782925_1082889778_n.jpg

Big Rock Motopark - Bangalore's very own Motocross Track!-995571_10152974557787925_548087749_n.jpg

Big Rock Motopark - Bangalore's very own Motocross Track!-995571_10152974557777925_1865517455_n.jpg

Big Rock Motopark - Bangalore's very own Motocross Track!-995571_10152974557792925_114438175_n.jpg

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 21:40   #2
BHPian

re: Big Rock Motopark - Bangalore's very own Motocross Track!

More pics of the track can be seen on the following link.

https://www.facebook.com/sukeshak/me...8647924&type=1

Pics Courtesy - My friends, Sapna and Sukesh (Shootographers).
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 13:23   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Big Rock Motopark - Bangalore's very own Motocross Track!

Pretty neat, thanks for sharing!

Assuming that the half day session has 3 - 4 hours on track, 6K is a bit pricey (especially when compared to gokarting), but not too bad, considering the uniqueness of such an experience. There's very few other options for enthusiasts.

I'd definitely try it out if I were visiting Bangalore for a couple of days. Good place for a Team-BHP meet too. Us Mods had a blast racing on dirt bikes & ATVs at the Della Adventure Park (link).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 17:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! I'm surprised to see that this thread hasn't gotten any more traffic, especially considering that CS Santhosh has represented India at the Dakar rally thrice now.

Bumping this thread, hopefully this place and sport as a whole gains more traction in our cricket crazed nation.

Me and a couple of other friends decided to head down there for their beginner session, which at first seems a little steeply priced at 6K INR. But at the end of it I personally felt it was totally worth it. Personally for me I enjoy taking my bike off-road and riding through trails, and I was hoping a session like this will help me tackle tricky situations. The maximum batch size is limited to 5 which is great because that way the instructor can give individual feedback to each and everyone.

The beginner session goes something like this -

a) Breakfast (if you are in the morning session)
b) Gearing up (all gear included in the price, but for the pants you need to be 34 inch waist size or lower)
c) Quick info session about very basic do's and don'ts. As this is a just a initiation session there isn't much focus on theory, you are expected to pick up the techniques by watching and learning
d) Head down to the dirt track and demo by the instructor
e) Couple of laps around the smaller dirt track following the instructor and trying to mimic him to get the basic moves and posture correct
f) Then a couple of more laps where the instructor observes you and suggest corrections and/or have another 'follow-me' session showing how its done.
g) A short break for about 15 minutes to recuperate, rehydrate and also discuss more around where we were going wrong and how to improve
h) Few more laps around the track to hone your skills and get used to the dynamics
i) Short rehydration break
j) Trail riding session for an hour where we go through multiple exercises on handling different types of terrain like climbing up and down in gravel, rock. The focus is solely on technique than speed.
h) Short break to rehydrate and recuperate again
i) Couple of more laps around the dirt track to utilise the learnings from the previous track and trail sessions. This final session exactly shows you how you much you have improved.

More than the learning, the experience is a LOT of fun for any biker who enjoys riding in dirt or is keen to become a better rider in the dirt.

Tip: Anyone who is planning to do this please ensure you are at least moderately fit. Rehydrate with electral if you are doing this in the heat. I was completely dehydrated at the end of the session with every muscle ready to cramp at a moments notice. It is physically demanding even though its just about 4 hours for the session.

Here's a short video from the track session (yes that's me 'woohooing' inside my helmet , the jumps from ramps were something I've never experienced before)

I'm definitely going back there for another session in a couple of more months when I am hopefully a lot more fitter.

Last edited by praful : 8th May 2017 at 17:12.
praful is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 12:26   #5

Thanks for sharing Praful. I dont know why this has not become more popular. I am planning to go for the beginners leg.
Old 9th May 2018, 13:20   #6
BHPian

Good of you to share your personal experience, Praful! You got planning when I can possibly ride down to Bangalore next for the beginners session. 👍🏻
rideon74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 13:23   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahaltore View Post
Thanks for sharing Praful. I dont know why this has not become more popular. I am planning to go for the beginners leg.
Are they still open? Last year it was open and a friend attended their sessions - but heard they closed some time this year.

Anyone got confirmation for new sessions?
Old 9th May 2018, 15:12   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Are they still open? Last year it was open and a friend attended their sessions - but heard they closed some time this year.

Anyone got confirmation for new sessions?
They are redoing the entire track and are replacing all the bikes. Look up their facebook page.

Expect them to be back in action either this monsoon's or after.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks