Team-BHP - SCOOP Pics! Upcoming TVS motorcycle on test
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   SCOOP Pics! Upcoming TVS motorcycle on test (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/152485-scoop-pics-upcoming-tvs-motorcycle-test-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RYP (Post 3465814)
Well TVS lost the plot completely few years back. It was just downhill for TVS, starting from the Flame's dual-sparkplug controversy with Bajaj. Without excellence in technology no other company can be in the race for too long and TVS is a living example for this. 2 decades with Suzuki R&D and they cant even build a proper 4 stroke 100cc engine for gods sake. Their engines are plagued by vibrations and noise, while longevity is no more than 4 years. Me and my roommate both had TVS bikes few years back, a Star sport and a Flame and i can vouch safely for whatever is being said in this post.

I still own a 2004 make Victor which never gave me any kind of trouble, running smoothly even after 10 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhiranjan (Post 3466136)
I do not get why this deserves a separate thread and to be listed "Hot".
I do not know how Victor is any special than the countless bikes getting released everyday or if it really has a large fan following.
Can someone please enlighten me ? please:

Victor was the first Indian bike and Pulsar comes after that. Also TVS Victor won the National Award for successful commercialization of indigenous technology from the Technology Development Board. Hero Honda splendor was the sole market ruler when TVS came up with Victor and it was a huge success and the show was stolen by TVS Victor at least for few years.

^^^Well I agree with Anoopscv.

I have a 2003 TVS Victor GL still working fine. Based on the good experience with this bike and the value for money proposition I opted for TVS Apache RTR180 after cancelling my Karizma Booking.

If you want a unbiased opinion from me it would be:
1) TVS makes good bikes especially the chassis and the plastic parts are of good quality. (Although I do not feel the same in the present Star, seems lots of cost cutting done but still better than Hero Honda's rattling plastics).
2) For 100cc TVS engines are reliable. I would say they are 75% of Honda engines in terms of life and far better than Bajaj. Personally I feel Honda 100cc engines are more reliable than the Honda 150cc engines (Unicorn). Karizma engine is again more reliable than Unicorn but still less as compared to their 100cc reliability - My personal opinion based on my experience.
3) TVS engines give good mileage only in the first initial period after that the mileage drops but not to the extent that they become very poor performers.
4) TVS engines vibrate a lot. Higher the engine cc higher the vibrations!
5) Same for the gearbox. My TVS Victor had less false neutrals than my Apache RTR 180.
5) TVS boasts of one of the best chassis in its segment. TVS Victor was far more stable than a Splendour and passion.
6) TVS bikes are always let down by the OEM TVS tyres which are the poorest in grip especially wet.
7) I found TVS Victor switch gear and plastic and paint quality to be better than my RTR180.

TVS has till date very good A.S.S, availability of spares have never been an issue, I am have a 11 year old Victor, still going good. But, when I wanted to go for a 150ccer couple of years ago, I could not go to TVS though I wanted to. I ended up with the hero Impulse. When others are innovating crazily, TVS is crawling like a snail.

Interesting, a 100cc-110cc bike doing speeds of 110 kmph!

I don't think I've ever heard of a 100cc bike doing triple digit speeds apart from the Discover 100T.

Even my friend's XCD 125 would go upto 97 odd with a pillion and then run out of breath.

The next-generation TVS Victor has been spotted once again.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

SCOOP Pics! Upcoming TVS motorcycle on test-victor.jpg

Source: Motoroids

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnabchak (Post 3465162)
It started with the now legendary Suzuki Shotgun.

I suppose you meant the Suzuki Shogun. :)

As for TVS, I feel so too. They had a good platform going like the Pulsars. But then, they didn't capitalize on the market they had captured. Some promising concepts at Auto shows is all their releases were limited to.

Even Hero has picked up since with a refreshed Karizma and the upcoming HX250R. The looks can be controversial, but the new ZMR maxed out at the same speed as an R15 according to a recent test.

While TVS is still languishing with just cosmetic changes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat (Post 3670069)
I suppose you meant the Suzuki Shogun. :)

As for TVS, I feel so too. They had a good platform going like the Pulsars. But then, they didn't capitalize on the market they had captured. Some promising concepts at Auto shows is all their releases were limited to.

Even Hero has picked up since with a refreshed Karizma and the upcoming HX250R. The looks can be controversial, but the new ZMR maxed out at the same speed as an R15 according to a recent test.

While TVS is still languishing with just cosmetic changes.

Yeah Ashwin, its the Shogun!!
By the time I realized the error, could not edit it any more stupid:

TVS Motor might launch the new Victor motorcycle in the Indian market on January 20, 2016.

The new Victor was first spotted testing in July 2014 (click here to read report). It is likely to be powered by the same 110cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine as the Star City+.

Spy images have indicated that the new Victor will get a simple commuter design with a stainless steel handlebar, a conventional heel-and-toe gear shifter, and a black exhaust pipe. Other features include a telescopic fork suspension at the front, dual shock absorbers at the rear, black alloy wheels, drum brakes and clear lens turn-indicators.

The old Victor was one of the most popular motorcycles from TVS. With the new model, the company will hope to grab a larger share of the over-crowded commuter motorcycle segment.

Source: Autocar Professional