Team-BHP - SCOOP Pics! Upcoming TVS motorcycle on test
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   SCOOP Pics! Upcoming TVS motorcycle on test (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/152485-scoop-pics-upcoming-tvs-motorcycle-test.html)

On my way to Bangalore from Vellore a couple of weeks back, I saw this TVS motorcycle on test. Going by the front drum brakes, it must be a 100 cc or a 110 cc motorcycle on test. I was doing a good 100 kph while this TVS was doing pretty well at atleast 110 kph.

SCOOP Pics! Upcoming TVS motorcycle on test-mb1.jpg
SCOOP Pics! Upcoming TVS motorcycle on test-mb2.jpg

Bike looks under tired. What is the test rider's left foot doing?

Bike looks good though.

Both the pics seem to be taken on the Vellore-Krishnagiri highway enroute to Bangalore.

The bike looks well designed for the commuter segment.

:OT
Look at the TVS moped coming the wrong way on the road.

The guy driving the moped has a kid sitting in the front too.

When will we ever stop taking shortcuts in life.

That is the rider trying to re-create a sports-bike leg posture on a commuter bike.

This must be the new Victor that TVS will launch this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari_lover (Post 3464829)
This must be the new Victor that TVS will launch this year.

Yes, it looks lot like a next-gen victor. TVS is not trying to bother about the 200+ cc segment at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a*ed (Post 3464635)
Both the pics seem to be taken on the Vellore-Krishnagiri highway enroute to Bangalore.

Yes sir. It is very much the Vellore-Krishnagiri stretch. I was on my way to Bangalore when I saw this camouflaged motorcycle.

This may not set the charts on fire.

TCVS has slowly lost the plot. I am a sincere supported of TVS having used their products for over 20 years.

It started with the now legendary Suzuki Shotgun. Followed this up with the staid 2 stroke TVS Suzuki Max 100 and have a TVS Fiero F2 since 2004.

The bikes are superb. But with no new promising products, they are losing a battle.

Phoenix sank. Flame flopped. Apache Twins are not exactly superstars.

Its only the Scooty that brings in some respect but that too is fighting a losing battle to Activa, Pleasure and the likes.

TVS need to innovate and come out with some really bang for your buck product and fast. Not some nip and tuck sticker job.

Any specific reason to tell this bike is from TVS? HMSI has also a plant in Bangalore. So it's possible that, its an upcoming bike from Honda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxTorque (Post 3465292)
Any specific reason to tell this bike is from TVS?

TVS branding is clearly visible on the engine casing in the second picture Sir!

Well TVS lost the plot completely few years back. It was just downhill for TVS, starting from the Flame's dual-sparkplug controversy with Bajaj. Without excellence in technology no other company can be in the race for too long and TVS is a living example for this. 2 decades with Suzuki R&D and they cant even build a proper 4 stroke 100cc engine for gods sake. Their engines are plagued by vibrations and noise, while longevity is no more than 4 years. Me and my roommate both had TVS bikes few years back, a Star sport and a Flame and i can vouch safely for whatever is being said in this post.

Beg to differ with some of you, guys. TVS bikes are not all that bad. You get what you pay for. I myself had one from their stable and used it for 8.5 years, and honestly speaking, it served me well for all those years. The bikes are priced very appropriately, and as a result of that, especially commuter segment, their bikes are fit for city commute, albeit they might not match the styling or durability of a Honda or a Hero.

I do not get why this deserves a separate thread and to be listed "Hot".
I do not know how Victor is any special than the countless bikes getting released everyday or if it really has a large fan following.
Can someone please enlighten me ? please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorsPwr (Post 3465972)
Beg to differ with some of you, guys. TVS bikes are not all that bad. You get what you pay for. I myself had one from their stable and used it for 8.5 years, and honestly speaking, it served me well for all those years. The bikes are priced very appropriately, and as a result of that, especially commuter segment, their bikes are fit for city commute, albeit they might not match the styling or durability of a Honda or a Hero.

I don't think the pricing is not that much of a factor here. 1000-1500 less than Honda or Hero bikes is not considered VFM or either it earns the "You get what you pay for" moniker. They cant just sell a substandardly engineered product by making it couple of thousand rupees less for years. And the results are showing up as market share now.