Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2014, 04:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Rejuvenated - My '83 Bullet

amazingly stunning job, loved every bit, especially the smiths and the elongated rear fender with pin stripes,

"I believe that a vehicle should be only as loud as it is quick!" thumbs up for that and can you please post a side view pic as well, i am just curious to see how the fender arches around the tyre. thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 10:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post

Thank you,I was actually looking forward to your input.I actually forgot about the buffing.Doesn't the engine have to be removed from the frame for buffing?Also doesn't the aluminium eventually go back to its dull state?

I didn't put in new rims as I initially wanted to paint them gloss black with hubs also black and the spokes in chrome.Chrome mirrors Yes!

Yeah I want to make the rear a bit more functional.I want the basic idea to be the same though.I wish I could find a nice tail lamp and I want to get really small indicators too.I think I've seen the type I want on those cafe racer mod jobs.

Yeah even I am beginning to feel that this crash guard doesn't look that nice.What kind of crash guard do you mean?The single rod type?

As for the buffing, the quality will depend on the work done and yes, for a proper job, the parts have to be dismantled. The clutch and the timing cover case can be removed for the time being and buffed since those are the more prominent parts.
On my 500, the buffing that was done was good and 6 years down the line, it has faded just a bit.
The rims, you need not go for new ones unless they are damaged and rusted a lot. A good plating would do.

The rear tail lamp, I guess you can use the Classic tail lamp for the time being till you get the one you are looking for. I feel a round tail lamp will suit the rear more because of the extended fender., or I would have recommended something similar on the lines of Conti GT tail lamp.
The crashguard , since the bike has a classic theme, the army type butterfly guard in chrome would be nice.

Good you stuck to the exhaust set up.
These bikes are best sounding in stock.

Last edited by tharian : 11th August 2014 at 10:45.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 19:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
As for the buffing, the quality will depend on..

The rear tail lamp, I guess you can use the Classic tail lamp for the time being till you get the one you are looking for.

I feel a round tail lamp will suit the rear more because of the extended fender.
I suppose I'll wait for the rains to die down a bit to get the buffing done.Else they probably will delay it keeping the rains as an excuse.

Yes a round tail lamp is exactly what I'm looking for.Albiet a larger one.

Something like this http://smmotorco.com/images/Taillight.JPG

The rims are rusted extensively.Requires replacement.

Would get all this done if only the rains would abate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehuel View Post
amazingly stunning job..
Thank you Sir.

I've attached a picture of the side view(before and after)

Rejuvenated - My '83 Bullet-download.jpg
B O V is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 16:55   #19
BHPian

Hello BOV,

Congratulations on a great reclamation! The bike looks great! BTW is your friend who met with the accident ok? hope you are still friends with him, since the accident inspired you to restore this beauty....
Old 13th August 2014, 18:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on a great reclamation!..
Thank you.Yes he was absolutely fine save for a few scratches.I woulda restored her anyway.But yes it made me do it sooner.
Old 23rd August 2014, 15:01   #21
BHPian

That's meticulous. Great job on the fear fender aligning. I hope you won't mind if I steal ur idea.
The smmotoco lamp you have mentioned looks nice. Should blend well. Cheers
Old 24th August 2014, 12:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehuel View Post
That's meticulous ,I hope you won't mind if I steal ur idea.
Thank you.By all means do go ahead.

A suggestion I would make here would be to go to a pipe bender and get custom stays made.It works out way better and will look cleaner than the work I have done.Problem is that,when I extende the rear mudguard the angle on the stock stays wasn't matching with the arc I wanted the rear mudguard to take around the rear tyre.
Old 26th August 2014, 23:38   #23
BHPian

BoV really beautiful restoration. there is something about the classic design that is really timeless. great job!!

where did you get the paint job done?
Old 28th August 2014, 10:17   #24
BHPian

Is it only cosmetic modification or mechanical restoration done also?
It is easy to clap from away, but not easy spent time in workshop.
How the bullet Deluxe and Bullet Std. 350 differs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post
The exhaust port was slightly damaged as exhaust gases were leaking out through the side.
How did you come out from this problem?
thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 19:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Is it only cosmetic modification..
It was purely a cosmetic job.Since it was my regular ride,was in good mechanical condition.Although I will be opening up the engine once the rains subside.

As far as I know the deluxe came with chrome mudguards and a thicker seat.I don't really know if there's any other difference from the standard.

Some kinda putty was used to block the small gap through which the gases were leaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcustoms View Post
where did you get the paint job done?
Thanks Kr.Paint job was done by a painter here in Cochin who came highly recommended.Quite good.If you look closely you will be able to spot a few faults.But overall does look quite good.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th August 2014 at 20:08. Reason: Posts merged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks