Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2014, 08:26   #1

Honda Unicorn - Bad experience with B.U. Bhandari Service Center, Pune

I own two unicorns. One 2nd generation and one 3rd generation. bought in 2006 and 2007 respectively. Me and my brother are the only ones who use them and even after clocking 60K+ and 40K+ they as as good as new. We take great care of them.

So when the service center guys mess up with them, it hurts :(

This is my experience with B.U.Bhandari (Camp and Salunkhe Vihar) service centres.

The first instance was when my older unicorn had a damaged oil seal on the front shocks, because of which there was oil leak from the front sus. Pretty usual and common problem and could be easily fixed by changing oil seals. So I asked the service center guys to correct it when I gave for regular servicing. I am not sure what they did with it, but when I took it back the front shock was giving a 'kat' 'kat' noise every time I drove over a speed breaker or a bump. I had to give it again to them to rectify the problem. They gave the vehicle back to me next day saying there was less oil in the shocks and its fixed now. Unfortunately, next day the same noise started appearing.
After more two visits to the service centers they were still not able to rectify the problem.
Finally, I was pissed off with them and called on to their head of the service center and asked him to check on it. He finally said that the piston in the shock was damaged and needs to be replace. I am sure that this happened because of the first time they did some shoddy job with replacing the oil seal. But I had nothing to prove it. So I had to quietly bear the brunt and replace the part.
What is more annoying is this took 4-5 visits to their service centers and pleading and complaining to get this done. Which could have easily done during regular servicing, even without me requesting for it.

Second instance was with my other unicorn. During a regular servicing at camp service center they did some fiddling with the carburetor and told me that they have done some air adjustment. After that the engine started giving problems and started to shut down every now and then with the RPM was less. Again, it took 2 visits to the service centers and they could not rectify the problem. They said there was dirt accumulated in the carburetor and they have cleaned it. But again next day the same problem.

Finally, my brother advised me to take the bike to 'Rahul Auto' in Aundh. The guys there examined the bike and fixed the problem in 15 mins flat. They told me the air setting in the carburetor was not correct. Been driving for last 5 days and I guess its fixed. Kudos to them !!

Its annoying that B.U.Bhandari guys are so lackadaisical and so un educated about the biked that I am really worried about giving them my bike the next time. They cannot even diagnose and fix simple problems.

I know this might be considered a rant, but thought of putting it up here to let others know and maybe they can avoid the same pains and frustrations that I had to go with while dealing with B.U.Bhandari.
kaustubhpatil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 09:33   #2

re: Honda Unicorn - Bad experience with B.U. Bhandari Service Center, Pune

Can other people let me know what their experiences have been with other service centers ? I have been going to B.U.Bhandari for a long time but I guess I would love to try out service centers now.
Any suggestions on which ones are good in Pune ?
Old 5th November 2014, 09:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubhpatil View Post
Can other people let me know what their experiences have been with other service centers ? I have been going to B.U.Bhandari for a long time but I guess I would love to try out service centers now.
Any suggestions on which ones are good in Pune ?
Rahul Auto adjacent to Croma in Aundh is an excellent place, as is evident. Another place worth mentioning is- Shirole-Pashankar Auto, in SB road. The service offered may vary a bit here, as this place is almost always packed to the brim.

Nevertheless, it is quite good.
Old 5th November 2014, 10:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubhpatil View Post
Can other people let me know what their experiences have been with other service centers ? I have been going to B.U.Bhandari for a long time but I guess I would love to try out service centers now. Any suggestions on which ones are good in Pune ?
Why bother going to authorised service centres if your bike/car is out of warranty? They are more trouble than they're worth, IMO.

I have had a good experience with Diamond Motors in Sahawas Society, Karvenagar, where I regularly serviced my Splendor.

Another garage that has a good reputation [though no personal experience] is Shirish Joshi's place in Girija Shankar Society, Karvenagar.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ger-200cc.html

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 5th November 2014 at 10:15.
Old 5th November 2014, 13:31   #5

Agree. Even I do not like the authorised service centers much. But, I always thought that going to them would look good on a service history of the bike. In case I have to sell it. Not sure how going to non-authorised service centers would look on the service history of the bike for the buyer if I have to sell my bike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks