Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2014, 14:32   #31
BHPian

Re: Hero Karizma ZMR - Fuel pump failed. Rs. 12,000 to replace!

Your bike is still under warranty, they should be able to resolve any new issues without it costing you.

You can also raise a complaint against them in the area office if you feel they are taking too long to resolve your issues. These get immediate attention because it counts against their performance.
Old 4th December 2014, 14:57   #32
BHPian

Update:
Rode the bike for 5 days now. No issues. I think it is a success. Spending 7k, I have been able to replace the fuel pump with a used one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
Your bike is still under warranty, they should be able to resolve any new issues without it costing you.

You can also raise a complaint against them in the area office if you feel they are taking too long to resolve your issues. These get immediate attention because it counts against their performance.
I checked but the service centre says the service of the bike was not regular and not per the Hero Honda manuals, so not eligible for warranty. Also they are not sure whether it applies for the second owner. And moreover my RC transfership is in process so if I wait for it, again delay. Parts availability another headache. So I did not go for that option.
Old 8th December 2014, 18:08   #33
BHPian

Final Update:

I got a decent deal for both my bikes (2012 ZMR and 2011 ZMA) so I sold it off in exchange for new Pulsar NS200. It is a hard decision but I think it is logical because I don't want to screw myself all over again with a bad fuel pump or sensor. Exchange was good enough (Thru Bajaj Dealer itself), so I don't need to pay anything to get the new bike.

Moderators, feel free to close this thread if you feel appropriate.
Old 15th December 2014, 19:45   #34
BHPian

Fuel pump on this bike is very sensitive to voltage/ amps. I have always never gone less than half a tank of gas. It can go when the rectifier regulator goes for a toss or when your batt acts up. In my case it was the batt. I suspected that because the clock and trip meters were reset. But, everything seemed to be alright with the batt. This is the price we pay for sealed batts. I recommend changing the batt the second year or latest by 2 and a half years. Might go for Amaron. Fp is around 12k, there is a wait period, but I am not cribbin at all. The bike has never let me stranded anywhere, always started on the first touch of the button. I will also try to fix the old FP. will post pics.

Last edited by YaeJay : 15th December 2014 at 20:11.
Old 16th December 2014, 11:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Update:
Rode the bike for 5 days now. No issues. I think it is a success. Spending 7k, I have been able to replace the fuel pump with a used one.
Congrats on the sale and on the new bike. Where did you source the used fuel pump from ?
Old 17th December 2014, 12:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Congrats on the sale and on the new bike. Where did you source the used fuel pump from ?
It was through a friend in Bangalore. But he is no longer available in Bangalore.
Old 27th April 2015, 11:13   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Update:

I checked but the service centre says the service of the bike was not regular and not per the Hero Honda manuals, so not eligible for warranty. Also they are not sure whether it applies for the second owner. And moreover my RC transfership is in process so if I wait for it, again delay. Parts availability another headache. So I did not go for that option.
A friend of mine had exactly same problem. Had to replace the Fuel pump with odo just reaching a 11K mark on a one and a half year Karizma ZMR. He was quoted a price of 14K from the authorized service centre. He had an extended warranty but we couldn't claim it as the bike missed its 2nd servicing. But he got the work done by a local mechanic for 10k. The bike is real fun to drive but now he is looking forward to get rid of it as he doesn't want to screw himself of another 10K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks