Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2018, 12:00   #31
BHPian

Re: Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350

I have a Thunderbird 350 run in about 10000kms. Lately there is a clicking sound in the engine after the bike has run about 20 to 30 kms i.e. in a hot engine. The sound is pronounced at idling and mutes above 2500 rpm. Not continuous, it comes and goes. Mileage fine and so is the power delivery. Can anyone help me identify the source so that I can convince the service center guys to look into it? Trying to attach a audio file of the noise. tb sound.rar

VID_20180415_090954.rar please bear with me for trying to upload a sample of the sound in video and audio format. Do excuse for making two posts for the same
Old 15th April 2018, 17:53   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
I have a Thunderbird 350 run in about 10000kms. Lately there is a clicking sound in the engine after the bike has run about 20 to 30 kms i.e. in a hot engine. The sound is pronounced at idling and mutes above 2500 rpm. Not continuous, it comes and goes. Mileage fine and so is the power delivery. Can anyone help me identify the source so that I can convince the service center guys to look into it? Trying to attach a audio file of the noise. tb sound.rar

VID_20180415_090954.rar please bear with me for trying to upload a sample of the sound in video and audio format. Do excuse for making two posts for the same
This is the third time I'm replying to this post I believe, either way found a video that might be of help.

Old 29th April 2018, 13:03   #33
BHPian

The stock rear view mirrors on the thunderbird although offer wider visibility they tend to vibrate and shake when bike is ridden fast. I always keep adjusting them when I am riding my thunderbird. I bought a chrome type rear view mirrors which are sturdy and don't vibrate as much but they are now making a squeaking noise. Can we use Bajaj avengers mirrors or is there a way to fix the stock rear view mirrors
Old 23rd July 2018, 11:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
Can we use Bajaj avengers mirrors or is there a way to fix the stock rear view mirrors
Bought the Avenger ones and replaced the stock mirror. The visibility is too good now and the vibrations have minimized
Old 27th July 2018, 09:31   #35
BHPian

Got my new Thunderbird 350 on 10th July. Have driven it 1200 kilometers till now. Day before yesterday did a 400 kilometers run on the bull. Faridabad-Manesar-Palwal-Hodal-Mathura-Greater Noida-Noida-Faridabad. And it behaved fantastically. Yes it did turn heads at all the places. The bike was very easy on the back. My previous ride on the same stretch was with a classic 500 and i had loads of back-pain post the drive. As far as technical issues are concerned, there is some noise from the tappet. Which i had shown to the service center folks. They said that it would adjusted post 6000 kilometers. If they tighten it now, the bike would not be fun to ride and also that i would not be able to enjoy riding it. Also i did change the spokes to alloys and attached a front visor. Post alloys fitment, the service center guys created a ruckus. Throwing tantrums with regard to some wheel adjustment. Did visit NCR motorcycles in Delhi and got it done for free. Let me tell you that the person running this NCR motorcycles is a genius and has also posted several videos on you-tube with regards to issues and resolution of Royal Enfield. He is into this business from 1965. His father started the business and son follows him. Anyone looking for a reliable technician in Delhi/NCR region can check out his videos and take his number and call him. He has riders pouring in with all technical issues from almost entire north. People from as far as Punjab also reach out to him. Those who cannot reach him personally, contact him through phone and he guides the local mechanic over phone itself. And the craziest part is that he cannot see a Royal Enfield bike being dragged on the road.

Posting a few pictures for your reference from my drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350-img_8243.jpg  

Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350-img_8247.jpg  

Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350-img_8248.jpg  

Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350-img_8250.jpg  

Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350-img_8252.jpg  

Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350-img_8253.jpg  

Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350-img_8254.jpg  

Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350-img_8258.jpg  

su1978 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 20:42   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome!! Lovely alloy wheels and matches the color. That windshield looks like from the Avenger?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks