Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2015, 15:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fully faired Suzuki Gixxer spied on test

The Suzuki Gixxer has proven to be a strong seller for the Japanese automaker. The motorcycle continues to be a good performer in the segment and has just been spied testing in a fully faired iteration.

Seen testing near Delhi, the fully faired Gixxer can be seen as Suzuki's way of capitalizing on the success of the model. As a market, India has a strong affinity for faired motorcycles and this variant could well add to the Gixxer's success story.

The Gixxer is powered by a single cylinder, 4-stroke, air-cooled, 154.9cc engine that produces 14.6 BHP @ 8,000 rpm and 14 Nm of torque @ 6,000 rpm. Transmission duties are carried out by a 5-speed manual gearbox, while stopping power comes from a disc brake up front and a drum at the back. The fully faired version could receive a rear disc brake at least as an option.

The Gixxer is currently priced at around Rs 83,500 on-road Delhi. The fully faired variant could be dearer by around Rs 6000 or more.

Image via: Motorbeam

Fully faired Suzuki Gixxer spied on test-suzukigixxerfullfaired.jpg
Tushar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 16:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
has just been spied testing
Small correction- The source article and the spy pics are two months old in circulation already. I remember seeing these pics long back on the forum. We even had a new article for the same back then- http://www.team-bhp.com/news/full-fa...d-bike-spotted

Anyways- the bike has the potential to become the cheapest fully faired bike in the country- and might turn out to be a big hit in the market considering the fact that it ticks two of the most important poser requirements - full fairing and a fat rear wheel.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 17:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fully faired Suzuki Gixxer spied on test

Really wish they could plonk in a 180-220CC motor - a little bigger engine and a 6 speed from their other bike. Then it would make a good buy.

Last edited by GTO : 16th February 2015 at 11:19. Reason: Typo
Old 13th February 2015, 22:53   #4
BHPian

Suzuki has been laying low all the while and finally come up with this. Took a test ride the very next day it arrived at the nearest dealers. I went in without any unrealistic expectations and I must say I was actually happy that I tried it. Being a Suzuki fan, in India has, so far, been a disappointment. That includes being looked down upon by the RX owners, the Pulsar owners and every other bike that is sold on the streets these days. After the bitter failure of Inazuma (a 250 cc bike that costs twice as much as the happy revving CBR250 and almost as much as the the evergreen ninja. Wait, what??) they have finally decided to come up with an entry level motorcycle that everyone can afford. And a brilliant one there too. A few things that I absolutely loved about the Gixxer is that its cheaper than the FZ and offers slightly more economy. I might as well say that it performs better too.

However, if Gixxer was meant to take on the FZ, the fully fared version will only be competing with the Fazer there. What I really wanted was an R15 from Suzuki. Its not like they don't have the technology or such. Or maybe they are yet to take the Indian market seriously. A positive feedback from the Gixxer sure gives me hope that life ahead for a Suzuki fan in India wont be so tough anymore. Maybe its best to wait and unleash the new R15 killer after a while since building back a reputation is what their prime concern (should be at this point of time). I dont see anybody shelling out about 1.25 lakhs INR while both the R15 and the CBR150 are simply brilliant machines which deliver exactly what you paid for, unless the new product is just as good as the others.

Suzuki needs to improve their service quality and learn to advertise better.
Really looking forward to testing the new fully faired Gixxer.

Last edited by GTO : 16th February 2015 at 11:21. Reason: Typos
msrsooraj is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 14th February 2015, 14:51   #5
BHPian

msrsooraj you are absolutely right. For Rs 83,500 on-road, new fully faired Gixxer will posses a great threat to Fazer. It will be the 1st fully faired bike in India in that price range. Suzuki surely has thought of something different this time. But what i really want to see from Suzuki is an R15 killer.
Old 14th February 2015, 17:50   #6
BHPian

@Mr.O Waiting for the same to arrive. And when it does, do pop in and we'll do the test ride together. But the R15 killer we mentioned will have to wait.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks