Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2015, 00:17   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Continental GT: The underrated tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalmg View Post
Royal Enfield Continental GT: The Service Experience
As someone who likes his Enfield bikes, I want to start a conversation around this. Maybe someone, somewhere in Enfield might actually hear us and improve things further. Their increased customer focus gives me hope that it might just happen.

Would love to hear from you all on what you think.
Thanks for sharing these experiences gopalmg, its informative posts like these which make me glad to be part of this forum. I would like to share my recent experience as well before sharing my thoughts. On a recent Sunday morning ride, we had a really scary incident http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3668261 . As a firm believer in being an empowered and interactive customer, I wrote a long email to RE later that night http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3671424. Here is the latest update on the incident http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3684883 .

Does build quality and the PDI process have to improve? Most definitely, yes. I have had small screws basically work themselves loose and fall off in 6 months of ownership of the Continental GT. Even worse, I've had to pay for them to be replaced out of my own pocket. Its 15 rupees all together but its the principle of it all. Are they on the way to improving the build quality? Yes but they still have some way to go for sure.

On the people front, RE have really surprised me (in the most positive way) on their proactiveness, willingness to help and readiness to go the extra mile to make their customers happy. I have spoken a few times to a gentleman from RE on the difficult to source rear grab handle issue and this rear mudguard incident. Each conversation has been pleasant and productive and I have walked away thinking Hey, RE isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be after all. From the three incidents you have shared I see that RE have taken care of issues even when the bikes were out of warranty which will only help build customer confidence and goodwill. A negative image is easy to earn but extremely difficult to shake off. Good thing that RE are doing everything to break our steadfast notions.

I think it was David Seaman (former England and Arsenal goalkeeper) who said something along the lines of - People dont remember the 99 potential goals that you saved, they only remember the one goal that you let through. As owners, it is important that we highlight instances where manufacturers slip up so that other potential owners are warned. Similarly it is equally important that also share real world occasions on when companies get it right and leave customers happy. It looks like RE is knocking it out of the ballpark on that front. May the good times roll.
Old 20th April 2015, 16:49   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Thanks for sharing these experiences gopalmg, its informative posts like these which make me glad to be part of this forum. I would like to share my recent experience as well before sharing my thoughts. On a recent Sunday morning ride, we had a really scary incident http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3668261 . As a firm believer in being an empowered and interactive customer, I wrote a long email to RE later that night http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3671424. Here is the latest update on the incident http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3684883 .
Thanks for the response Neil, I agree with you totally. Enfield does need to push quality and PDI levels further up. But I read a lot of Enfield bashing on blogs, etc and my experience has been different. The bikes don't leak oil anymore. They are not the kinds which will let you down suddenly, in fact, a lot of Enfield's perception of bad quality and service is from the CI engine era which overlooks the stride the company has made in recent years.

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st April 2015 at 00:06. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 01:11   #18
BHPian

Hi everyone
Just created a new thread titled The Soul of Enfield and Other Random Thoughts, it's my take on Enfield and, as I go along, also my take on riding.

This is the first post please go through as I would appreciate your comments.
Old 9th November 2015, 17:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Just hoping that RE dealers become that friendly in our locality.
It is very much available to you. Just need to ask

Ask for 'experiential ride'. They take an undertaking from you on a bond, identity copy and lend you one for a day. I took for Saturday and since they are closed on Sunday returned on Monday morning .

I have realized out of my own experience as well reading and understanding others, that the best way to appreciate a CGT is taking few rides, not one. And into the highways, twisty roads, high speed riding, and yes why not, into high traffic zones as well. It's a beautiful vehicle. I also own a yellow CGT. I never intended to buy one (have a 1962 good old gold standard Bullet). But the appearance and reviews caught on me, and I 'just' wanted to try never to buy. But having had that experiential ride, I couldn't stop thinking about it . . . . until I actually bought. Go on!!
Old 10th November 2015, 12:17   #20
BHPian

Hi All,

It feels so inspiring to take a plunge on CGT after reading so many threads which has to speak on positive side apart from minor niggles which I'm aware of.

I was user of Desert Storm for 3 yrs. Took a test ride of CGT on Saturday with Brand store Jayanagar. However felt like bike leaning towards left and hand felt very paining. Wanted to check with user's here if that is the case. I strongly feel this bike had a very bad fall hence pulling to left.

Not to mention, CGT and Bullet 500 test ride vehicles were poorly maintained. CGT had torn seats and had lot of water in it. They hardly gave me 1KM ride and left hand started paining terribly. when I got down from vehicle my jeans was completely wet leaving me in embarrassment.

I can ignore all those things, however if rider hand feels stressed and if the front is heavy in general than I may look for some other options.

Can someone help me with my queries. I'm not able to move ahead from CGT and think for any other option.
Old 15th November 2015, 11:09   #21
BHPian

The left handle pull, I do not know, it could be an accident introduced fork bend or whatever. But hand pain is not unanticipated. It takes some getting used to the right and easy, comfortable way of holding the bars and then the pain will go away. I suspect due to its different sitting posture and the way the vehicle behaves, there is an unnoticed stress by hand such surely fires away after some riding. Go for it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks