Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 21:14   #1
BHPian

Motorcycle Wheel Jockey in India

I have been trying to source for a Wheel Jockey for my Red Baron (Street 750). My RB has a side stand only (stock fitting) and if I have a puncture on a desolate road or on the highway, removing the puncture causing object will be difficult without putting the bike on the main stand.
The wheel jockey serves this purpose well as per what the website states. It slides under the rear wheel and I will have the ability to turn the tire to search and remove the puncture causing object.

http://www.wheeljockey.com/

I'd like to know if anyone has used this before and how effective / useful it is. Also, where do I get this in Bangalore. I tried "Googling" for online retail stores in India that sell this, but didn't come up with any success.
Old 27th February 2015, 14:39   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Motorcycle Wheel Jockey in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
if I have a puncture on a desolate road or on the highway, removing the puncture causing object will be difficult without putting the bike on the main stand.
Isn't this overkill if your fear is only puncture repair? Why not get a puncture repair kit? You can repair any tubeless tyre with one. Check this related discussion: link.

On a related note, there's an excellent DIY on XBHP for a chain-lubing stand - link.

Quote:
I tried "Googling" for online retail stores in India that sell this, but didn't come up with any success.
Order online . They have a dealer in Singapore.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 19:28   #3
BHPian

Re: Motorcycle Wheel Jockey in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Isn't this overkill if your fear is only puncture repair?

On a related note, there's an excellent DIY on XBHP for a chain-lubing stand - link.
Thanks mate! I have a terrible fear of punctures when riding, especially solo, and the hence feel it's best to be prepared for the worse. With only a side stand and when riding alone, it becomes difficult for me to turn the back tire without raising it to figure out where the puncture is and fixing it. But, I liked the DIY portable folding side stand on XBHP and I think that should suffice for now or at least until I have sufficient moolah to get a centre stand fixed on my RB.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks