Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2015, 13:36   #1
BHPian

Service at KSN Honda, Chennai - They forgot about my vehicle!

Dealer name : KSN Honda, Arcot Road, Lakshmi nagar, Porur, Chennai - 6000116

Job Card Number : 8332
Date for service: 12-May-2015
Date of Estimated delivery after service : 13-May-2015

Actual date of delivery after service -: NA !

The service support at the mentioned dealer is eroding to a new level of a Mediocrity.
This vehicle which had been given for a general service repair on the 12-May had not been returned yet till today (16-May) .
I have not been getting any updates whatsoever from the dealer for the past 5 days. I just kept calling them for a status and there is no one to answer the phones except the security who says the people are on a break! any time of the day !
I just got very curious on the people being on perennial break...anxious too that I have not known the status of my bike . So I landed in their facility today morning and say what !
I was shocked to find that they had forgotten about my job card and had ignored my bike.!

It was amusing to find them scrambling around trying to locate my bike.
I was offer a new job card (which I promptly refused)

Its a shame that unscrupulous dealers destroy the reputation of the HONDA brand of reliability and dependence.

My Vehicle is still with the dealer for a General Service - Hoping to get it back within the day .

Wrote an email to the Honda customercare about this dealer. Posting it here in our forum for all the friends who are in and near Porur, Arcot road Chennai who use the services of KSN honda. Please be wary and cautious
mukaan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 23:53   #2
BHPian

Re: Service at KSN Honda, Chennai - They forgot about my vehicle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukaan View Post
I was shocked to find that they had forgotten about my job card and had ignored my bike.!

Wrote an email to the Honda customercare about this dealer. Posting it here in our forum for all the friends who are in and near Porur, Arcot road Chennai who use the services of KSN honda. Please be wary and cautious
A new low indeed. Honda 2 wheelers India thinks that a few great products is all they need. I always face delays while getting my bike back from Service. Jobs are not properly carried out and they are more interested in replacing the parts than solving the problem.

Tip: Call up the service center 2 hours after you have left your bike and remind them, follow up until they confirm that the bike is ready.. I always get the number of the Service advisor and call him up directly. Here in Kochi, they provide the number without being asked.

Try your luck, but writing to Honda is not going to work out. They simply forward the mail to the ASC.

Let us know if any action is taken by Honda in your case.
govindremesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 12:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

A shocking, but not entirely unbelievable experience. My brother has a 250R and he swears he'll never go back to the authorized service centre again. My brother gave his bike for a simple service and the bike came back with so many loose bolts and squeaking sounds. The bike was worse than when he gave it to them!

This however, is a new low for negligence. I mean I can understand forgetting to fix an issue or two, but forgetting a vehicle altogether?! Ridiculous
Tushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 12:24   #4
BHPian

Honda Customer care had responded day before and apparently had pulled up the dealer.

I have been receiving phone calls (5 times since this morning !) stating that the vehicle is ready for delivery after service.

The scooter was delivered today (18-May-2015) after 5 days.
The work is in-complete.
The complaints given at the time of service were not addressed.
The front fork and suspension re-conditioning and brake shoe replacement along with the cables were not even attempted to be addressed.

The change in fluids and carburetor cleaning was the only job done apart from the mandatory wash.

The service center manager was the one who had come down to deliver the scooter. When I had pointed these oversight , He simply blinked, called a couple of people on his mobile and screamed !

He then asked me if I could leave the scooter for addressing the issues....! I politely refused and scrammed...

Being a customer of Honda cars and two wheelers since the 1999, I am really sorry to say that the confidence that I had in Honda's service has eroded very badly. KSN Honda is a dealership that Honda 2 wheelers might have to look up and probably put them through a thorough induction and training.
mukaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 12:54   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

It has been more than 3 years now that my bike has visited a Honda Service Center. I guess that keeps going strong. I get all the job done either by means of DIY or a simple mechanic. It anyway does not need much than an oil & air filter changes at the scheduled intervals. I stopped bothering the Honda ASC when they asked for 2 days just for the oil change.

On the other hand, I have had good experience with Honda cars service.

Last edited by saket77 : 18th May 2015 at 12:55.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks