Team-BHP - Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/164476-scoop-new-motorcycle-caught-testing-tvs-draken.html)

Spotted this on the NH-5 near hanuman junction. Couldn't get the front picture, as the rider slowed down when he spotted us taking the picture. The front was completely masked and the headlight had the resemblance of hero's impulse.

Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken?-img_5070.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldk2 (Post 3719667)
Spotted this on the NH-5 near hanuman junction. Couldn't get the front picture, as the rider slowed down when he spotted us taking the picture. The front was completely masked and the headlight had the resemblance of hero's impulse.

Well, this is definitely a TVS bike based on Draken concept. Maybe the next iteration of Apache.

Why do I say so?

- Petal shaped discs
- Front Alloy wheel design
- Apache styled rear view mirrors
- Front mudguard design
- KA registration plate - Output of Mysore factory

Image Sources:

1.Draken Concept : Google
2.Spy pic : Image posted by TBhp user ldk2 in Post #1

Hard to tell what brand this could be. The petal disc and spoke pattern point towards the Draken, but the Draken also pointed to the inclusion of an under-belly exhaust.

Additionally, that front cowl shape, wing mirror style, rear guard design, along with the reflector placement (rear + rear side), make it look quite similar to the CB Trigger. The overall size too is more indicative of something in the 150-200cc range. Can't give it a name, but this definitely looks like a new Honda.

For The Benefit of Other BHPians - Comparison of Rear View Mirrors :

1. Apache RTR - Source - Motorbeam.com
2. Honda CB Trigger - Source - Official website

Rear view mirrors in the scoop are very much in line with the Apache's mirrors and not with CB Trigger's. :)

From the above options, I'd out my money on it being the Draken. The Suzukis usually appear a frame size smaller than the counterparts, so given the identical wheels, petal discs and KA plates, the bike spotted here is mostly the Draken.

While this bike does indicate that it could be a TVS Draken being tested, some fun facts for you all to mull over:
KA-05 is Bangalore South RTO. Not sure TVS Motor company has an office in this locality.
HA series would indicate that the bike is a 2009 model

Could it be a component vendor testing something?

More to add to the Mystery.

Test Vehicles are fitted with Temporary Number Plates,
This one seems to have a Proper Registration Number!!

This definitely looks more like a TVS vehicle based on rear tail lamps & cluster, petal disk brake design and rear view Mirrors.

Its time TVS brought something to up the ante :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 3720464)
This definitely looks more like a TVS vehicle based on rear tail lamps & cluster, petal disk brake design and rear view Mirrors.

Its time TVS brought something to up the ante :)

Going by the looks of it, it does not seem to be a very large capacity bike.

I really hope they don't "refresh" the Apache 160/180 cosmetically and relaunch them all over again.

FInally it is on the road , I would love to see a nice big bike from TVS stable. I wish the TVS-BMW tie up brings more performance bikes. BTW, the white cloth from the riders helmet looks cool in the wind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiloAlpha (Post 3720359)
While this bike does indicate that it could be a TVS Draken being tested, some fun facts for you all to mull over:
KA-05 is Bangalore South RTO. Not sure TVS Motor company has an office in this locality.
HA series would indicate that the bike is a 2009 model

Could it be a component vendor testing something?

They have a local / regional marketing office opposite to JP Nagar 6th phase bus stand.

Proportions of the bike don't really suggest a large capacity bike. But well, the double tip silencer points at something powerful! So a powerful 250 cc is on the cards? will this be the TVS flagship? leaving space for the 300cc BMW bike?

The next-generation TVS Apache has been spotted testing once again. The bike is expected to be launched soon.

Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken?-apache.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Source: PowerDrift

This is what RTO website reveals about this bike. 2006? Something doesn't add up.

Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken?-capture.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 3841019)
The next-generation TVS Apache has been spotted testing once again. The bike is expected to be launched soon.

Attachment 1435336

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Source: PowerDrift

Going by the TVS rule, I hope this does not come out as "all new (same old) Apache 180 in Matt Brown / Matt White"

How can the Owners Name be "Authorised Sinnatory" and since when was "TVS SUZUKI" the manufacturer of the "Apache". Looks like a fake registration to me.