Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 11:59   #1
Team-BHP Support

Rumour: Bajaj working on two new motorcycle brands

Bajaj Auto is rumoured to be working on two new brands of motorcycles. The first one will caters to the 100-150cc segment. The first bike under this brand will be rolled out in FY16.

The second brand from the company is expected to be a leisure brand. With this brand, it will attempt to take on Royal Enfield. Bajaj is likely to display a motorcycle under this brand at the 2016 Auto Expo. The brand is likely to be launched in FY17.

Bajaj Auto is also rumoured to be working on a more track-focused version of the Pulsar 200. This new version of the Pulsar is likely to be called the SS200, where SS stands for Super Sport. The bike will be styled differently from the RS200 and will possibly be launched in the second half of FY16. The company is also likely to launch a 400cc version of the bike, which is expected to be named SS400.

The Pulsar brand is also likely to see the addition of the CS400 (Cruiser Sport), which was displayed at the 2014 Auto Expo. The bike is a naked street fighter with a 375cc, 4-valve triple spark, fuel-injected engine and a 6-speed gearbox. This bike is expected to be launched in the second half of FY16.

Source: Motor Octane
Aditya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 13:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Bajaj working on two new motorcycle brands

So many new products under development, Bajaj truly deserves
Was eagerly waiting for the launch of CS400. But second half of FY16? i thought it was supposed to be launched by end of FY15 itself.
Old 8th July 2015, 19:32   #3
Team-BHP Support

The Bajaj Pulsar RS400 motorcycle has been spied at what is believed to be a service station. The bike looks exactly like the Pulsar RS200, which was launched earlier this year. The only difference between the two bikes is the RS400 sticker on the rear panel.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Rumour: Bajaj working on two new motorcycle brands-puls1.jpg

Rumour: Bajaj working on two new motorcycle brands-puls2.jpg

Rumour: Bajaj working on two new motorcycle brands-puls3.jpg

Rumour: Bajaj working on two new motorcycle brands-puls4.jpg

Rumour: Bajaj working on two new motorcycle brands-puls5.jpg

Rumour: Bajaj working on two new motorcycle brands-puls6.jpg

Source: IAB
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 20:04   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Highly unlikely to be true. Bajaj will have to show difference between the two. I own a NS200 and am eagerly waiting for the 400. But if it looks like the RS200, I will be disappointed as a prospective buyer.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 21:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Highly unlikely to be true. Bajaj will have to show difference between the two. I own a NS200 and am eagerly waiting for the 400. But if it looks like the RS200, I will be disappointed as a prospective buyer.
I agree. Even the current crop of Pulsars have some visible differences however small but in this case owing to the huge difference in capacities, these bikes belong to entirely different segments altogether. I am expecting RS400 to be sporting better tires and bigger disks at least.
Old 8th July 2015, 22:27   #6
BHPian

Bigger tires and dual channel ABS please bajaj. A real enthusiast would not mind the similar looks to a smaller sibling. Duke 390 is an example
Old 9th July 2015, 00:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Ktm has done a classy job in differentiating the rc200 & rc390. Just some changes in paintjob and the bigger displacement bike looks bigger though the dimensions are the same.

Enthusiasts mind nothing except the power and ride. I wished the ride to be on par with the delta boxes(a la r15,cbr). But RS200 is neutral and isn't as impressive. Now if the 400 has the same structure, I doubt how bigger tires and abs can improve the ride beyond a little.

But the 400 looking the same has 200 also has its merit. Think about a scene where someone thinks you are riding a 200, but you find an open stretch and leave them in dust. Just like sleeper cars do. That would be priceless!
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 21:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Another pic of what seems to be an RS400 test mule.

Rumour: Bajaj working on two new motorcycle brands-bajajpulsarrs400spied.jpg

I can see a secondary cable near the rear caliper. Most probably from ABS sensor!
Rumour: Bajaj working on two new motorcycle brands-bajajpulsarrs400spied1.jpg

Image source: PowerDrift

Last edited by man_of_steel : 9th July 2015 at 21:37.
man_of_steel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 06:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
I can see a secondary cable near the rear caliper. Most probably from ABS sensor!
The Pulsar RS200 ABS version already comes with rear wheel speed sensor. Only difference is the ABS control is only on the front wheel, but it uses the speed signals from both the wheels.
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 12:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
The Pulsar RS200 ABS version already comes with rear wheel speed sensor. Only difference is the ABS control is only on the front wheel, but it uses the speed signals from both the wheels.
Thanks for correcting. I missed that fact.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks