Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 11:49   #1
Team-BHP Support

Autologue Design launches limited edition custom kits for KTM Duke 200, 390

Autologue Design has launched the custom-built KTM X-26 and the Yuvraj Special X-12 on KTM Duke 390. The bikes will be up for auction for charity soon and the custom kits will be up for sale from 22nd July 2015. The proceeds would go towards YouWeCan cancer awareness campaigns.

Autologue Design launches limited edition custom kits for KTM Duke 200, 390-you-we-can.jpg

The limited edition KTM kit contains a tank cover, headlight, radiator cover, belly cover, side panels, tail tidy and tyre hugger. It is priced at Rs. 49,390. A rear seat cowl and anodized CNC machined bits are optional. The YouWeCan bike has additional custom parts including Two Brothers full exhaust system, BMC air filter, Race Dynamics ECU upgrade, rear set foot pegs and CNC machined custom oil caps and a custom paint scheme.

Autologue Design launches limited edition custom kits for KTM Duke 200, 390-youwecan-yuvraj.jpg

The X26 and the X12 kits will be available for the KTM Duke 200 and 390 bikes. These can be extended to bikes other than KTM. Autologue Design plans to make these kits to be available throughout the country and is looking for some potential partners.

Autologue Design launches limited edition custom kits for KTM Duke 200, 390-youwecan-.jpg

Autologue claims that its customisation kits are built by taking the OEM design route e.g. chassis scanning, 3D modeling, CNC machined patterns, woven mat FRP and Standox 3 coat painting. They are bolt-on plug and play kits, requiring no alterations to the original bike frame, no drilling of holes and weigh up to 5 kgs.

Autologue Design launches limited edition custom kits for KTM Duke 200, 390-youwecan-2.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 24th July 2015 at 09:51.
Aditya is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:28   #2
BHPian

Re: Autologue Design launches limited edition custom kits for KTM Duke 200, 390

Like the paint schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The YouWeCan bike has additional custom parts including Two Brothers full exhaust system, BMC air filter, Race Dynamics ECU upgrade, ...
Am curious, how they are publicly selling the above? Don't the upgrades render the bike illegal from an ARAI certification perspective?
Old 21st July 2015, 12:45   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_v_i View Post
Am curious, how they are publicly selling the above? Don't the upgrades render the bike illegal from an ARAI certification perspective?
They would add a "for track use only" disclaimer.

Whether the buyer adheres to that is another matter though!
Old 21st July 2015, 22:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
They would add a "for track use only" disclaimer.
Will a RTO register a vehicle certified only for track use? I am presuming, they are not auctioning per-registered bikes.
Old 22nd July 2015, 14:57   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Will a RTO register a vehicle certified only for track use? I am presuming, they are not auctioning per-registered bikes.
I'm guessing these bikes are already registered. Reason being, their main business is supplying ready-to-fit kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
They are bolt-on plug and play kits, requiring no alterations to the original bike frame, no drilling of holes and weighs up to 5 kgs.
Old 22nd July 2015, 17:06   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm guessing these bikes are already registered. Reason being, their main business is supplying ready-to-fit kits.
I meant like this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...cing-kits.html

The customers have to provide a donor bike and also sign a disclaimer that the performance parts would be used only on the race track.

If you are talking about the ARAI certification part, I don't know if a ECU remap and an exhaust change really requires a new certification.
Old 23rd July 2015, 09:25   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
The customers have to provide a donor bike and also sign a disclaimer that the performance parts would be used only on the race track.
Right, that is fine. I was wondering about the particular bikes that are being auctioned off.

Regarding legality, if the we follow the letter of the law, then even removing a sari guard from the bike makes it road illegal
Old 5th November 2015, 12:23   #8
BHPian

Guys what do you make of the Tail tidy for Dukes - Autologue seems to be selling them at 4500, much lesser than others.

http://www.autologuedesign.com/motorcycles/panels

It's a bit stubby and all that which is fine, but where on earth will the number plate be mounted im wondering. I really want to lose the humongous tail the bike comes with, rather ungainly and it doesn't really grow on you does it ?

Most Viewed