Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2015, 10:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS Apache matte blue edition launched

TVS has introduced the Apache in a new matte blue edition. The update is purely cosmetic and gives the bike a matte blue paintjob and red pin striping while maintaining the same specifications as before. The Apache RTR 180 is powered by a 177.4cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke engine that makes 17.03 BHP @ 8,500 rpm and 15.5 Nm of torque @ 6,500 rpm. Stopping power comes from a 270 mm disc up front and a 200 mm disc at the rear. The Apache RTR 180 can also be equipped with ABS.

The colour is also available with the RTR 160, which is powered by a 159.7cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke engine that makes 15.2 BHP @ 8,500 rpm and 13.1 Nm of torque @ 4,000 rpm. Stopping power comes from a 270 mm disc up front and a 130 mm drum brake or optional 200 mm disc at the rear.

Prices for the Apache RTR 160 start at Rs. 72,514, while the RTR 180 starts at Rs. 76,544 and goes up to Rs. 87,282 for the ABS variant (all prices ex-Delhi). Dealers are charging a premium of around Rs. 2,500 for the matt blue paint shade.

TVS Apache matte blue edition launched-1.jpg

TVS Apache matte blue edition launched-2.jpg

TVS Apache matte blue edition launched-3.jpg

TVS Apache matte blue edition launched-5.jpg

Last edited by Tushar : 14th October 2015 at 10:24.
Tushar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 10:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Apache matte blue edition launched

And here I was hoping to see the much anticipated 200cc Apache. Come on TVS, get out of your lethargy already!
Old 15th October 2015, 00:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

I personally loved this Matte Blue livery, after what they have done to the Jupiter series it's great to see them push it forward to the Apache series, at least it should woo some customers. I was considering a commuter bike and was very much surprised to see the bike avlbl in all three editions, if the grapevine is to be believed.

Incidentally I called up a TVS showroom in Coimbatore, and they are totally clueless about the ABS getting this scheme. They informed me that the 160 and 180 MB edition has already landed in their dealerships, but they still haven't gotten any official circulars about the ABS version getting the MB scheme. If all goes well, I might just consider getting one. Considering blue is one of my favorite colors

Cheers!
VJ
Old 15th October 2015, 08:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is as lame as it gets from a company like TVS. So much for their racing heritage. I do not understand what is holding them back from launching a bigger capacity, high performance motorcycle.

The dealers are another problem. Two Weeks ago, a colleague wanted to book the Apache 180 ABS. I went along with him to Meghdoot TVS and the answer was, TVS have stopped production of the Apache 180 ABS. They also said that a bigger capacity Apache is around the corner and TVS will offer ABS on the new bike, which is fine but why take it off as a feature on a existing model. Limiting a feature like ABS for a bigger capacity Apache and the bike itself was hard to believe. Posting the query on the Apache FB page led to nothing. I told them we are willing to make a booking right away, provided they check and make a 180 ABS variant available. It is only after this the dealer decided to call some folks and out of the blue, a white Apache ABS is made available. I hate these dealer tactics. Colleague booked the bike and got delivery in a week.

From this 'so called' new launch or color scheme, I now know what the dealer meant on the bigger capacity Apache.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 15th October 2015 at 08:02.
Old 16th October 2015, 02:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

^^ you are absolutely spot on with the way dealers are misinformed, I got the exact same response when I had the plans of getting the ABS version several months back here in Coimbatore. After repeated calls, they finally gave in, but that was a different story altogether. Finally chucked the idea because I felt I was obliging way too much for something which the SVC guys should have given heed to. Apache Blues.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 16th October 2015, 09:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Is this (apache 180) THE bike to have in this price band for speed freaks ?

Am asking because as a product its pretty dated now no?
Old 18th October 2015, 18:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Is this (apache 180) THE bike to have in this price band for speed freaks ?

Am asking because as a product its pretty dated now no?
Dated would be too reasonable. It's beating a dead horse by TVS.

But..Not really speed freaks, doc. It's practically same BHP as RI5, power low down, excellent build quality, based on an engine platform that has been for decades, what can go wrong. Top it up with cheap spares, you can frame it in the affordable "p-formance" machines in India.

I've always loved TVS' build quality, really top notch hardware and build quality for the price, personally.

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 18th October 2015 at 18:55.
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 19:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Personally Vijay (if for my son) I would not look beyond Yamaha or Suzuki in that cc class.

Which is why I was asking.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 01:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

It still is a Suzuki doc, powertrain 100% of it, it's just TVS tinkered with the styling and the overall nature of the bike, in essence it's still a overbored-Suzuki Fiero.

It's a pretty decent package, but it's still a hit or mi(e)ss when it comes to personal gumption for choosing this bike. It still has its following, but if your son has been spoiled with power already, then I think this isn't the bike he'd be willing to park is his derriere on. But again why not give him a test ride, and see what he thinks

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 19th October 2015 at 01:20.
Old 19th October 2015, 12:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

On Saturday, I saw a hoarding on Karve Road (Pune) that showed the Apache 180 for sale in a Matte Black colour now. Looked good, but my vote still goes to the White one

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 19th October 2015, 12:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

I personally got creamed for the Matte Blue looking upon pics circulating on the web and their ad, checked the bike in person, boy was I in for a treat, the white and black looked far more cooler and good looking than the Matte Blue. Totally disowned upon looking the MB edition, personally.

My vote is for black ABS 180.

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 19th October 2015 at 12:31.
Old 24th February 2016, 11:04   #12
BHPian

Initially, I wanted to go for a different color too, had shortlisted the Grey one, but decided to go for the Matte Blue due to delay in deliveries (I wanted a dual Disc 160) Been using the bike for nearly 2 months now and I love every bit of it. Here's my Blogpost about the Bike: http://ridingwiththegraywolf.tumblr....sthatfollowyou

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks