Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 19:10   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda delivers 2+ lakh two wheelers on a single day (Dhanteras)

Just read this unbelievable bit of news. HMSI in a press release said that they sold 2.2 Lakh units on a single day of Dhanteras-November 9th 2015. 53% were contributed by Motorcycles and rest by the scooters lead by Activa. Several models were out of stock at a lot of dealerships.

I had thought that sales of ~15,000 on Dhanteras by Maruti/Hyundai were big numbers. But this takes it to a whole new level.

Source: ETAuto

Mods, please delete/move if the topic does not require a new thread

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 16th November 2015 at 19:13.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 13:43   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda delivers 2+ lakh two wheelers on a single day (Dhanteras)

Quite an achievement, congratulations!

Seeing the thread title, I was just wondering what kind of dealership network is required for delivering such a large volume of two-wheelers (that's India's total monthly car production).

Turns out, Honda has nearly 4,000 outlets in India, thus it's completely manageable. Averages to 50 a dealer, though of course, those in hot locations probably delivered well over 200 on Dhanteras.

Quote:
Moving full throttle, Honda has aggressively doubled its network in 2 years from 1950 outlets (FY’2012-13) to 3750 outlets (FY’2014-15) and plans to add 800 new touch-points in current fiscal. Parallely, Honda has penetrated its direct office presence from its 5 regional offices to 11 zonal offices for amassing local market intelligence, strategizing, and implementing regional approach faster. The 11 zonal offices are located at key cities – Chennai, Raipur, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Patna, Jaipur, Nagpur, Mohali, Hyderabad, Bhubaneswar & Varanasi.
Source
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 14:53   #3
BHPian

Re: Honda delivers 2+ lakh two wheelers on a single day (Dhanteras)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
JHMSI in a press release said that they sold 2.2 Lakh units on a single day of Dhanteras-November 9th 2015.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Seeing the thread title, I was just wondering what kind of dealership network is required for delivering such a large volume of two-wheelers (that's India's total monthly car production).
I remember we got Activa few years back on the day of Dhanteras. We walked in and out of showroom in 15 minutes flat. I think the final numbers we are seeing is cumulative of efforts put over may be a week or two.

I believe showroom receives the vehicles well in advance and prepares them as per prior discussion with customer. Dhanteras is only the hand-over day and deliveries happened in complete mechanical fashion. I was not happy with the fairing guards and wanted them changed but was refused straightaway saying this was discussed previously.

In fact, the showrooms are in delivery-only mode and simply don't entertain any new bookings or potential customers.
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks