Sales Snapshot of Two Wheeler Sales for November 2015

Manufacturer Level Sales

November 2015 - Two Wheeler Sales-1nov2015bikes.jpg

Scooter Sales

November 2015 - Two Wheeler Sales-2nov2015.jpg

Motorcycle Sales

November 2015 - Two Wheeler Sales-3bike2015.jpg

Notes:

• Hero Motorcorp continues to increase its hold on the market. Especially in the Motorcycle segment.
  • Surprising drop in numbers for Honda. But continues its stranglehold over the scooter market.
  • Bajaj and TVS make significant gains.
  • Royal Enfield continues its growth. All other premium manufacturers have lost sales. Enfield can take 4th spot soon if this pace of growth continues.
  • Model wise numbers not available yet.

Source: Management Punditz

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 17th December 2015 at 23:04.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 23:02   #2
BHPian

re: November 2015 - Two Wheeler Sales

Just one word for Royal Enfield - Phenomenal.

They've risen like a phoenix and look at their market presence now. The Himalayan will just cement their position further. Kudos to Sid Lal. Amazing!

Considering their limited arsenal, TVS seems to have done well - yet again. Will be keenly observing their market dynamics one their 300cc concept is launched.
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 23:13   #3
BHPian

re: November 2015 - Two Wheeler Sales

Royal Enfield- No words! Just proud to own one. But the exclusivity will be lost if they keep growing at this rate.

Never expected a fall in Honda Scooter Sales (less read in terms of scooter sales figures ), seems the Activa has become old and the line up needs a shake up.

Piaggio should start doing better- with their scooters coming in reach of many young urban earners . I personally love it and drive a around my wife's red hot Vespa.
Old 18th December 2015, 12:01   #4
BHPian

Re: November 2015 - Two Wheeler Sales

The "Dream" series is a disappointing lot. I am not surprised to see this decline and it is more on expected lines. The quality is really mediocre and there are too many niggles with it. Also, the mileage is a sore point of this series and this explains the decline.
PNTLovesNano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 12:11   #5
BHPian

Sad to see Suzuki dropping by 32% in the scooter segment. The Suzuki access is quite a potent scooter and can take a lot of abuse. Got this 4 year old Access at dirt cheap price from a colleague of mine nearly 2 years back and touchwood it has been a "no prooobleeem" case for me.

Suzuki should really start investing in after-sales services though, there is always a long queue at the service centers.Hopefully a 32% drop in sales will bring down the queue.

The Gixxer looks good as well but even "bhai" couldnt save it.
saion666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 12:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 19th December 2015 at 16:26.
nairrk is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th December 2015, 14:58   #7
BHPian

Honda is slowly getting the results of arrogant sales practice. The negative trend clearly shows that. If they don't learn from the feedback of customers, then it would be yet another story of a great product being killed by wrong tactics.
Old 18th December 2015, 16:20   #8
BHPian

Honda had vehicle supply issues in November, not exactly sure why. In the market too they saw a decline in retail sales at least in Gujarat (these figures are based on dispatches). Unless the trend continues I would not read too much into it.

Even with the supply issues many people kept their Activa bookings rather than buying other scooters during Diwali, this was with dealers charging extra for Activa due to low supply/high demand. The Activa brand remains number one in Scooters but the feedback on Maestro Edge and Duet is also very positive. It will be an interesting 2016.
kumarshah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 18:29   #9
BHPian

Great stuff from Royal Enfield. Although I am personally not a fan of their bikes (No offense meant to anyone, it is just my taste), they have overtaken Suzuki in sales, and almost matched Yamaha in the YOY comparison. That is a huge achievement! At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if they overtake Yamaha soon as well. Seems like they're getting everything right at the moment, so hats off to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavd View Post
Royal Enfield- No words! Just proud to own one. But the exclusivity will be lost if they keep growing at this rate.

Never expected a fall in Honda Scooter Sales (less read in terms of scooter sales figures ), seems the Activa has become old and the line up needs a shake up.

Piaggio should start doing better- with their scooters coming in reach of many young urban earners . I personally love it and drive a around my wife's red hot Vespa.
Mate, I have to say that in Hyderabad at least, Royal Enfields are far from exclusive at the moment. They are now an extremely common sight.

There was a problem with Honda's supply, and that's why the figures are lower in November. That being said, with some of the horror stories I have read on the forum about their sales and service, they definitely deserve to have a decline in their sales. They need to shape up their act.

And the problem with Piaggio is their pricing and PASS. Many people love the look of the bike, but think twice when they hear the price. My sister owns one, and I have heard nothing but complaints from her about their service.
Old 21st December 2015, 14:50   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Model Level Numbers for Two Wheeler's and specifically for scooters.

November 2015 - Two Wheeler Sales-top102w.jpg

November 2015 - Two Wheeler Sales-topscooters.jpg

• Splendor takes over the top spot from the Activa again. These 2 having been swapping positions for the last 2 months.
  • In November 2015, total two-wheeler sales fell by 335,674 units compared to October numbers. Of the above-mentioned number signifying the overall sales decline, the fall in Hero’s (down by 13.90 percent or 86,851 units) and Honda’s (down by 27.77 percent or 119,941 units) month-on-month sales together accounted for 206,792 units.
  • Activa continues to sell almost 4 times the nearest competitors. Honda's volumes are pretty much driven by the Activa
  • Hero Duet has started moving up the list.

Source: Autocarpro
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 15:56   #11
BHPian

Very good to see a detailed sales report.
How does one get to know of KTM India sales though?
Would be interesting to see the numbers there.
Old 21st December 2015, 17:56   #12
BHPian

And to add to the list here are the performance bikes numbers.

Source
Attached Thumbnails
November 2015 - Two Wheeler Sales-performancebikessalesnovember2015.jpg  

The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:15   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Model Level Numbers:

November 2015 - Two Wheeler Sales-nov2w1.jpg

November 2015 - Two Wheeler Sales-nov2w2.jpg

Notes:
  • Almost all manufacturers see decline in sales compared to Nov 2014.
  • Hero and Honda lead the pack by a wide margin. Honda pretty much dependent on Activa.
  • Bajaj
    • Several models doing pretty well. No blockbuster products like Hero or Honda
    • Avenger volumes significantly up compared to Nov 2014.
    • KTM Duke 200 showing a good increase. All other premium bikes see a drop in sales
    • Pulsar 220 outsells the 180 +200 combined.
  • Harley Davidson
    • Several models see a significant % drop
    • 883 Iron and Fat Boy shows good increase
    • Street 750 (I assume their cheapest model) shows a heavy drop
  • Hero Motorcorp
    • Almost all key models see a decline in sales. Something to think about.
    • Several blockbuster models driven by the Splendor.
    • Passion and HF Deluxe almost at 6 figures.
    • Karizma sales drops heavily. Will be discontinued as per recent reports
    • Scooters not able to reach anywhere near the Activa.
  • Honda
    • Also sees a major drop across models.
    • Active remains the sole super blockbuster.
    • Apart from the Shine, none of the other models making a big impact.

• Mahindra Gusto making a mark. Others all struggling.

• Royal Enfield goes from strength to strength. Only manufacturer seeing an increase in sales pretty much across the range. No mean feat considering RE bike are not exactly cheap.

• Suzuki doing poorly. No model making a mark

• TVS doing well with the scooters. Not much movement in bikes. Apache doing reasonably well.

• Yamaha also seeing a drop across models. New scooter Fascino makes a good start.

• Performance Bikes not really seeing an increase in sales. Must be worrying to the manufacturers.

Source: Management Punditz

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Very good to see a detailed sales report.
How does one get to know of KTM India sales though?
Would be interesting to see the numbers there.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 22nd December 2015 at 20:34.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks