Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2016, 14:52   #16
BHPian

Re: My Athena - Suzuki Gixxer, Review and Ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya.bhat View Post
Thanks a ton bro.

Yeah. I have heard from some of other Gixxer owner's also the same thing. Many have changed the Headlights to LED ones. Which one did you chose bro? Was it a simple swap or any modifications were needed? I think it does not void the warranty. by the way, I am happy with the horns but may change the bulbs.
I do not specifically remember a brand. Bought it here in GP Road Chennai on the day I took delivery of my Gixxer. Since the LED comes with a fan, he bulb holder itself is removed and the LED is fitted in its place.
But I would say, in the LED's, brightness is good, but it doesn't have a focus throw. Go for LED with Projectors. It should cost you around 2.5-3k, but provides much better illumination.

Attaching few Pics of my bike.
My Athena - Suzuki Gixxer, Review and Ownership report-rps20150710_151630.jpg

My Athena - Suzuki Gixxer, Review and Ownership report-rps20150710_151558.jpg

My Athena - Suzuki Gixxer, Review and Ownership report-rps20150710_151649.jpg
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 16:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
I do not specifically remember a brand. Bought it here in GP Road Chennai on the day I took delivery of my Gixxer. Since the LED comes with a fan, he bulb holder itself is removed and the LED is fitted in its place.
But I would say, in the LED's, brightness is good, but it doesn't have a focus throw. Go for LED with Projectors. It should cost you around 2.5-3k, but provides much better illumination.
Thanks bro. I will go to JC road one weekend and see the options available here in Bangalore. Still, I am not completely decided to change bulbs though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Attaching few Pics of my bike.
Wow! Your bike looks smashing. You have maintained it well. Doesn't look like it has 10k Kms under its belt. Hope you have many more KM of enjoyable time on it.
Old 4th January 2016, 18:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Your bike looks smashing. You have maintained it well. Doesn't look like it has 10k Kms under its belt. Hope you have many more KM of enjoyable time on it.
Thanks for the complement. This photo was taken when the bike had 5k on the odo. But anyways, I've still maintained the same way, but for a few scratches to the rear number plate.
Old 4th January 2016, 20:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good review and pics Sathya. Very hard to find comprehensive ownership reports of this bike. So its good that you took the time out to pen down this review!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 22:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Good review and pics Sathya. Very hard to find comprehensive ownership reports of this bike. So its good that you took the time out to pen down this review!
Thanks a lot Abhinav. 😊
It's my humble effort to contribute to the Team-Bhp community. I am planning to keep the post updated at regular intervals.
Old 14th January 2016, 10:45   #21
BHPian

Second service update:
I got the second free service done on my bike yesterday at almost 2700 KM/120 days.

Issues:
  • The major issue is with the dusty roads (Whitefield in Bangalore) I have been riding. Even after my regular cleaning, front/back brakes and chain have accumulated too much dirt. They are in need of a proper clean-up.
  • Very faint noise(metal friction) from the back of the bike. It is heard only when moving off slowly from the stand still. My hunch is that, it is coming from rear brakes.

Work done

Second free service will involve oil change, oil filter change and usual checks. After cleaning the rear brakes, the noise I mentioned earlier has vanished. Front disc brakes also have become better in bite.
As per ASS, adjuster assembly tensioner on the engine had gone bad and it was replaced under warranty.
On top of these, chain cleaning and lubrication was also done.
Total cost of the servicing came in at 638/- RS.

Mileage update:

Odo counter value: 2700
Average distance per day: 29.24 KM
Average fuel consumption: 45.42 KMPL

P.S: So, this happened. I lost my cool and shouted at service guys at Aryan Suzuki, Whitefield. They have stolen my LTD team-bhp key chain.
I had left the bike in a hurry in the morning for servicing. So, I forgot to take the key chain with me. Evening when I go back to pick up the bike, key chain is missing from the key. It was such a heartbreak. When the guy at the ASS told, there was not key, I lost my cool. Not surprisingly, No one in the ASS knew anything about this. I even talked with their manager. He also could not help me. I had to leave from there with a heavy heart. I have decided not to give servicing there again and never ever leave team-bhp keys while giving bike/car for servicing.
Now, I am feeling bad for loosing my cool yesterday. Lesson learnt the hard way!
sathya.bhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 12:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
P.S: So, this happened. I lost my cool and shouted at service guys at Aryan Suzuki, Whitefield. They have stolen my LTD team-bhp key chain.
I had left the bike in a hurry in the morning for servicing. So, I forgot to take the key chain with me. Evening when I go back to pick up the bike, key chain is missing from the key. It was such a heartbreak. When the guy at the ASS told, there was not key, I lost my cool. Not surprisingly, No one in the ASS knew anything about this. I even talked with their manager. He also could not help me. I had to leave from there with a heavy heart. I have decided not to give servicing there again and never ever leave team-bhp keys while giving bike/car for servicing.
Now, I am feeling bad for loosing my cool yesterday. Lesson learnt the hard way!
Not only Team-BHP keychain, you should've leave any keychain for that matter. I usually remove the keychain and keep it at home just before I leave the bike for service. The rule of the thumb is to give your vehicle in stock condition, just like it came from the showroom. No keychains, clothes, documents or accessories. You can keep the tools and First-Aid-Kit also at your home. After you get your vehicle back from service you can put back the keychain and other stuffs. Even if you do keep anything along with your vehicle such as Helmet or tools/first-aid-kit, make sure the SA makes a note of it on the Jobcard, it's easier that way if anything goes missing.
I learnt this the hard way when the MicroSD card from my car was stolen when it was given for service, you cannot blame anyone there as no one knows who has taken it and even if they do they wont reveal. Usually they ask you to not leave any valuables with your vehicle. So its your own responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is in stock condition while going for service. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Funny

Last edited by Funny : 14th January 2016 at 12:56.
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 13:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Years back someone at Honda service at Lalbagh stole a valuable key chain my brother had brought from Austria. It was made to look like it was my mistake for trusting them. Learnt a lesson that day.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 10:18   #24
BHPian

3rd service update

My father-in-law and one of my close friend recently got new cars. So, Athena has been having some silent weekends. At 5800 KM I got the third free service done yesterday.

Issues
  • Have been hearing faint *clung clung* noise from the engine from the last week. Once the engine heats up the noise is more audible. I have asked it to be looked into during service.
  • Front brakes have become little unpredictable. When I am trying to do gradual braking, just after one particular point brake suddenly grips and bike starts jerking. It feels like a very very slow ABS is working.

Work Done
Engine issue was analysed as a loose tensioner on the engine block. They tuned it and the noise has vanished completely.
The brakes issue was little more serious. As per the service centre guys, the brake disc plate had a small bend. They have mended it and braking feel is lot better now. I would say it is still not the very best, but the difference is very small. I have been advised to change the disc plate if issues come up again.
Other than the above mentioned issue fixes, usual oil and oil filter change was done.

Cost
Total bill was 466/- Rs

Milage Update
I have maintained log of each and every drop of fuel put in my ride. It shows the following statistics.
Average distance per day: 26.72 KM (Inside city, Bumper-bumper traffic)
Best Fuel consumption: 50.76 KMPL
Worst Fuel consumption: 39.84 KMPL
Average Fuel consumption: 44.29 KMPL
sathya.bhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 16:58   #25
CGB
BHPian

Congrats sathya on your Gixxer. One of the most superb 150cc bikes made. I had a chance to drive Gixxer in Munnar and i was astounded by the feedback from the chassis and the linear power delivery. It easily coped with many Duke 200 in our group without breaking a sweat. Lovely bike!
CGB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 12:47   #26
BHPian

4th service update

Sorry for posting this little late. Though I got service done as per schedule, posting it here took more time.

Bike is settling in very well. Had taken her to Nandi Hills and Anchetty loop. It behaved splendidly well.
Also, I had a puncture on front wheel. It was due to going over a broken glass piece during night time.

Issues
Nothing out of ordinary.

Work Done
Usual oil and oil filter change along with other checklist items.

Cost
Total bill was around 600/- Rs

Milage Update
Best Fuel consumption: 50.76 KMPL
Worst Fuel consumption: 39.84 KMPL
Average Fuel consumption: 44.21 KMPL

Last edited by sathya.bhat : 4th October 2016 at 12:48. Reason: Formatting
sathya.bhat is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks