Team-BHP - TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/173102-tvs-jupiter-spied-disc-brake-fuel-injection.html)

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sending in these images! Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts.

Two TVS Jupiter test mules were spotted testing in Coimbatore. While neither one of the mules had any camouflage, a closer inspection reveals interesting details about them. According to the source, the scooters are fuel-injected, had O2 sensors, and did not have a choke lever (as seen in one of the images). The other test mule has a front disc brake as well, indicating that new variants of the Jupiter may enter the market soon. It was earlier believed that TVS would offer a disc brake with the Jupiter ZX that was launched last year.

TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection-1.jpg

TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection-2.jpg

The Jupiter is powered by a 109.7cc, single-cylinder engine that makes around 8 BHP and 8 Nm of torque. It is likely that TVS will tweak this engine to accommodate the fuel-injector, extracting better performance out of it. The addition of a disc brake would also be a welcome move, offering stronger stopping power than the current 130 mm drum brake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tushar (Post 3909096)
The addition of a disc brake would also be a welcome move, offering stronger stopping power than the current 130 mm drum brake.

+1. I totally agree that disc brake can provide the necessary bite in the braking system which is lacking in the current avatar of Jupiter in comparison to the Honda scooters. I've been using Jupiter for close to 2 years now and I like it better than its straight competitor Activa. But I felt the only drawback is the braking power. It doesn't inspire as much confidence as Activa's braking.

Its good to know that TVS is working on variants with improvements mechanically. Not just sticker work. I too have a Jupiter at home for house hold errands. Its working as expected and chose it over the popular Activa. No regrets.

Hmmm, did some brilliant chap in TVS actually write "Jupiter Fi On-road" on the test vehicle? Makes for easy identification within the company that it is a fuel injected Jupiter marked for on-road testing, but they could have used some secret codes may be.

Camouflaging is one extreme, but in this case TVS seems to be warning its competitors in advance that they are coming up with an Fi version! :D

All said and done, among the Indian 2 wheeler makers, I feel that TVS has the best R&D capabilities. That none of that translates into sales success is another matter altogether.

The TVS range sorely needs a 125 cc engine. They make the best handling scooters which seem capable of handling a lot more power, I wonder why they don't give them an adequate engine?

TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake, might get 125cc FI engine

A fully camouflaged test mule of the TVS Jupiter has been spotted. The scooter is equipped with a disc brake at the front. Additionally, the engine appears to be a fuel-injected power plant, as opposed to the carburetted unit found on the current model.

The scooter in question is equipped with O2 sensors, while the choke lever that is found on the regular models is missing. These changes indicate that the spotted model features fuel injection technology. The source of these spy shots also claims that the test mule is powered by a 125cc engine. Therefore, it may be assumed that TVS is planning to make the Jupiter a competitor for the Activa 125 and Access 125.

Source: Rushlane

TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection-tvsjupiter125cc1750x430.jpg

TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection-tvsjupiter125cc7.jpg

TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection-tvsjupiter125cc2.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Quote:

Originally Posted by dZired (Post 4209646)
TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake, might get 125cc FI engine

Engine kill switch on a scooter, rare sight at least in India.
What is the HL switch still doing when we have AOH mandatory?

Wish they would also make the console smarter - like a full digital LCD unit.

I was in Bali few months back and got a chance to rent scooters. I rented a 125cc Honda scooter (dont remember the name) which had fuel injection.
I can say that FI tech transforms the engine's character completely. The throttle response is so crisp compared to carburetted engines that you will enjoy twisting the throttle everytime you want to get out of traffic. Its almost addictive !
Bring it on TVS, and do it fast !

Jupiter already comes with Disc brake which is from Wego. Jupiter is the flagship scooter yet it misses out on digital console that Wego has.

This does not look like Jupiter to me. The rear end is tapered a lot more, almost like Wego but it isn't Wego either. Must be a new model.

Whatever TVS tests, the FI and ABS versions. They will happily export it without launching here. Example. RTR 200. However, with this being a scooter, there is a glimmer of hope that they may launch it here for some additional numbers.

TVS is hopeless when it comes to sales and marketing.

Thanks to Prabhanjan Tattar for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection-jupiter1.jpg

A TVS Jupiter powered by a 125cc fuel-injected engine is believed to be in the works. The latest spy images don't reveal much and neither do they confirm the new engine. However, the images indicate that the upcoming TVS Jupiter might get alloy wheels and front telescopic suspension like the current 110cc version. It is also likely to get disc brakes in the front.

TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection-jupiter2.jpg
TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection-jupiter3.jpg
TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection-jupiter4.jpg
TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection-1.jpg
TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection-img20171001wa0006.jpg
TVS Jupiter spied with disc brake and fuel-injection-img20171002wa0001.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 4279562)
Thanks to Prabhanjan Tattar for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Thanks Tushar! Unfortunately, I was not able to take a front snap of the scooter as I was driving too. From the frontal image, I can vouch, well almost, that it is not Jupyter. Reason being that the head lamp is more in the style of Dio and the leaked images of Jupyter had the conventional setup. Also, with Honda setting up a new plant in Narasapura, Karnataka, in August month, and very much in the area where the images were snapped, there is good reason on my behalf to think of it as a Honda new scooter. And then there is doubt about it being Dio since it was refreshed only March/April this year. My revised bet might be on the 125cc version of Dio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano (Post 4279730)
Thanks Tushar! Unfortunately, I was not able to take a front snap of the scooter as I was driving too. From the frontal image, I can vouch, well almost, that it is not Jupyter. Reason being that the head lamp is more in the style of Dio and the leaked images of Jupyter had the conventional setup. Also, with Honda setting up a new plant in Narasapura, Karnataka, in August month, and very much in the area where the images were snapped, there is good reason on my behalf to think of it as a Honda new scooter. And then there is doubt about it being Dio since it was refreshed only March/April this year. My revised bet might be on the 125cc version of Dio.

It's indeed quite difficult to ascertain the identity of this test mule. But, if you compare it with earlier spy shots, you will realize that the exhaust muffler, mud guard and the side-facing reflector are identical to the Jupiter that was spotted in June, 2017.