Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2016, 18:46   #31
BHPian

Re: Report & Pics: India Bike Week 2016 @ Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
...The dust issue is endemic to Goa, because of the loose soil. The organisers keep watering the ground, but after a while the dust rises covering everything with a red hue.
It's endemic to most of India sadly. Up North it might have been even worse if held at NCR etc. Nevertheless, someone needs to think out of the box for this issue. At least the stalls could deploy some industrial vacuum cleaners or something.

Great coverage of this event just like earlier, kudos Tushar. Just praying I'll get to visit this great festival some day!

Last edited by avisidhu : 26th February 2016 at 18:47.
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 23:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Never knew there was a DN-01 here. Did Honda import it for the owner or was that a private import? Is there owner on this forum? Or does anyone know him?
Old 27th February 2016, 16:16   #33

The Honda DN-01 has been in India for more than 5 years is what i know. My friend here had it in Goa for a while until it was sold to someone in Bangalore. I don't know the exact details of how the bike was brought here to India but as far as I know its had almost 3-4 owners since its come here.
Old 29th February 2016, 16:59   #34
BHPian

Thanks Tushar! Awesome coverage of the IBW! Your excellent coverage has literally taken me to the event!
anandpkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 12:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The loose red soil is the problem. You are going to kick up dust easily for an event like this. The organizers should put in some thought on how to solve this problem or consider a change of venue. Everyone wants their products/rides, to be well presented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
But why do they hold the bike week in such dusty places every year? I am sure they can find a better location in Goa.
The dust issue has been addressed this year. They watered down the ground as much as they could, but considering the hot sun, it's just wasteful after a point. There is a fair amount of dust, but honestly as long as you steer clear of the "needless burnout associates" , it's not much of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Surprised not to find any scooters! Last year's thread had scooters too. Weren't there any scooters this time
Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of scooters (at least none that I saw). Last year Vespa had a big stall, and I thought Piaggio would use the opportunity to showcase the Aprilia SR 150, but I think the Auto Expo used up a big chunk of the marketing budget by itself.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 14:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
There is a fair amount of dust, but honestly as long as you steer clear of the "needless burnout associates" , it's not much of a problem.
The water will probably disappear in to the soil or get evaporated in less than half an hour.

I assume that all the stalls were far away from any of the burn out zones. This problem can't be avoided unless they choose a different venue or site. A short walk is enough to make your shoes look like you came out of a mine.

I attended the Rider Mania event back in 2009 (or 2010). It was held at one of the Sterling Resorts property in Ooty. They had a huge parking area which was tarmac and the other was a lawn, used mostly for the competition motorcycles. Everything was neat and tidy.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 1st March 2016 at 14:15.
Old 4th March 2016, 13:40   #37
BHPian

Great Job Tushar!! loved the pictures. Pretty much covered every aspect of the show!!

great eye for details. Sadly for me IBW 2016 turned out to be a mixed bag. i had two bikes for mod bike competition and both got displayed on the stage. you can partially see one of my bike in your last picture but unfortunately nobody could get on the stage to take beautiful pictures like you did!!. most people missed it. oh well lesson learned!!

thanks again for great pics!!

cheers
Krish
krcustoms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 14:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

Tushar,

Great coverage. You did not include any photos of you or your own ride? You sound too passionate to have driven down to the venue

PS: no team-bhpians met up there? Surely many of us would've been there!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 16:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Tushar,
You did not include any photos of you or your own ride? You sound too passionate to have driven down to the venue

PS: no team-bhpians met up there? Surely many of us would've been there!
Unfortunately I wasn't able to ride down, would've been at the Dirty 20 track in a heartbeat if I did! I'm sure I must have crossed paths with a few BHPians. Hoping to see some of their pictures on this thread.
Old 13th March 2016, 14:43   #40
BHPian

My team Wanderers On Wheels and I rode down to IBW16, Goa from Mangalore. It was an amazing ride! We stuck together cruising at 80s to 100s till we reached Goa.
The event was alright. It was an ocean of SuperBikes revving mad!
I was very glad for getting the chance to meet and have a conversation with many inspiring people like CS Santosh, Sagar Sheldekar and his Team Powerdrift, and many other people!

We have got two videos of the event from our side and a lot of pictures too. Here they go:

Do Check out our Page: Wanderers On Wheels for more pictures and updates!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks