Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 23:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Bajaj-KTM readying a new adventure tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Once again rumors of adventure variants of the 200 and 390:
http://indianautosblog.com/2016/03/ktm-200-adventure-ktm-390-adventure-launch-223369

The report is also claiming new chassis for the adventure variants. If released, hopefully the engines are also modified/tuned for more lower end torque.
The source quoted is just a BLOG. Have read many Interestingly Wild stories on "Blogs" over almost a decade now. Take whatever is posted on blogs with a bucketful of salt. Blogs exisit mostly to make money and for that they need traffic (i.e. Clicks)... therefore go figure.

I would rather go by what Autocar has posted. Not that auto journos get it right everytime, but at least they are more credible.

payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 09:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

I hope this news is true as it is music to my ADV Tourer Enthusiast ears. I seriously want KTM Bajaj to consider this model for India where there is a dearth of such bikes and the game is catching on slowly. Awaiting with bated breath.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 18th March 2016 at 09:52.
Old 19th March 2016, 00:48   #18
BHPian

Okay this might be slightly OT. But many people I know who were die hard RE haters have discovered a new found respect for RE in the form of the Himalayan. Yet, I constantly hear people saying the KTM ADV will be better. Curiously, its nothing more than a rumour atm.

I must say, all eyes on KTM now. RE have made a brilliant and bold move onto KTMs home turf. Lets see how KTM replies to it.
Old 23rd April 2016, 17:41   #19
BHPian

Has there been any further news on this KTM Bajaj adventurer. Is it coming for sure? Or did Autocar india publish the article to garner traffic.

There are sightings of the CS range projected to be launched during festive season. Nothing on the adventurer yet which as per the article should be launched by April, May.

I have ridden the Himalayan, but would like to hold on to my cash until this is released, IF released.

Experience says wait for a year or so after the release as they tend to keep upgrading the parts. Other part says, chuck it, buy the bike if released. There is always fun in fixing the imperfection.

Really need a machine with 30 odd horses, closed loop fuel injection, long travel suspension, sturdy frame, big tank.
Need a machine to do the Leh this year and have fun on it.
Old 23rd April 2016, 23:54   #20
BHPian

Probably going to be a down step of the existing 1200 /1500 KTM tourer.

Head to head, think KTM would do a better job than RE
Old 22nd September 2016, 17:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but can anyone recognize the bike standing next to RE Himalayan in this pic?

Rumour: Bajaj-KTM readying a new adventure tourer-unnamed.jpg

I have an eerie feeling if this is a KTM bike with all that orange colour fairing and orange frame.
navin_v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 19:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
I have an eerie feeling if this is a KTM bike with all that orange colour fairing and orange frame.
The RH engine cover does look a bit like the KTM's to me. And the front forks aren't telescopic, rather inverted. And I can see a bit of the orange trellis frame near the steering head.

This does look like a well sorted adventure machine, but can't comment on its authenticity as the upcoming 390 Adv. The graphics are a bit too flashy for a test mule, but I could be wrong.
Old 22nd September 2016, 19:56   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but can anyone recognize the bike standing next to RE Himalayan in this pic?

Attachment 1557684

It does look like a KTM 990 ADV with a bit of the front "rally raidesque" fairing missing. I could be wrong, but when comparing pictures it looks dead on 990 adv.
Old 6th October 2016, 10:47   #24
BHPian

Launch date confirmed for 2019

I feel KTM is a bit late. BMWs adv can go on sale very soon, himalayan is already doing numbers. It is indeed a good thing that KTM is working from the adv from the ground up but the timing isn't the best.

Another thing i loved is that KTM say this bike will be a Travel Enduro. I belive that is exactly the segment most of Indian torturers will looking for.

Last edited by ashwin1224 : 6th October 2016 at 10:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks