Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 18:27   #1
BHPian

Eider CFMoto 650 NK: Did someone just say 650 twin & 3.37 lakh in the same sentence?

First time I read this I almost wrote it off as I was on autopilot and assumed at that price they would be referring to a single. Have to admit I love my 390. But Im seriously tempted because the 390's faults do get to you after a while. 55 BHp and a twin at a price that doesnt break the bank is definitely doable even if its chinese made. The australians are apparently having a lot of fun on this machine as most of the reviews online seem to be out of Australia.

http://bikeportal.in/news/eider-cfmo...lakh-2133.html
bik1906 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 01:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Eider CFMoto 650 NK: Did someone just say 650 twin & 3.37 lakh in the same sentence?

I am having knee jerks, what a fantastic proposition. Early adopters, positive review, good overall feedback and this can be seen soon on our roads with no fuss. Considering Benelli too is a Chinese marque, I don't find anything wrong with this bike. Quality, service and reliability is all that matters.

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by GTO : 18th March 2016 at 12:27. Reason: Language
VijayAnand1 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th March 2016, 08:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Eider CFMoto 650 NK: Did someone just say 650 twin & 3.37 lakh in the same sentence?

Woah! Was surprised to see this bit of news!

I had tested the NK650 in Europe for a good couple of months when we were developing a certain component for the bike. This was way back in mid-2013 and in Europe. The bike felt really sorted to me, although I am not sure how it compares to say, a Ninja 650. As far as I remember, it was not too slow, though a bit under-powered and vibey for my liking.

Wish the very best for CF Moto! Slowly, but surely, the Chinese are increasing their presence in the Indian biking scene. Benelli, CF Moto, who is next?
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 09:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wish the very best for CF Moto! Slowly, but surely, the Chinese are increasing their presence in the Indian biking scene. Benelli, CF Moto, who is next?
Benelli though owned by Chinese has more heart from Italy in both design and development. The NK650 should not end up Made in China. I am only worried about that. The materials used, lack of ABS and just addressing market by pricing is pretty risky. Considering the margin they need to make in each bike the manufacturing cost may not be that much and that puts more worry. And made of steel and heavy as 193kgs is definitely something to look for. But for the price there is no questioning.

What would help is
- any local manufacturing involved or is it going to be China plant manufactured and imported
- Cost of spares
- Cost of maintenance.

Its interesting but i will approach it cautiously.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 09:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Woah! Was surprised to see this bit of news!

I had tested the NK650 in Europe for a good couple of months when we were developing a certain component for the bike. This was way back in mid-2013 and in Europe. The bike felt really sorted to me, although I am not sure how it compares to say, a Ninja 650. As far as I remember, it was not too slow, though a bit under-powered and vibey for my liking.

As per the reviews, it seems that the 2015 models were overhauled in a better way. Even price was hiked by nearly 1500-1800 Ausee Dollars.
dchahal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 09:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

This is a good option for people on strict budget and looking for Value for Money products "Chinese badge" notwithstanding. Today we are all using Chinese phones, I bet 8 out of 10 are using Chinese phones and yes they are good. Not trying to compare phones with motorcycles but just trying to bring out the might of lean manufacturing and production output prowess of China. The specs and materials used are equally promising. Kayaba is a renowned manufacturer for automobile suspension, while power and torque figures for a two cylinder seems acceptable at the price offered.

Only thing to watch will be after sales and spares support. We as buyers will have more options to choose from. Looking at the reviews from Australians this motorcycle sure looks promising.
Old 18th March 2016, 12:33   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Eider CFMoto 650 NK: Did someone just say 650 twin & 3.37 lakh in the same sentence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Today we are all using Chinese phones, I bet 8 out of 10 are using Chinese phones and yes they are good.
I don't agree with that analogy.

Apple builds iPhones in China and Mercedes-Benz makes cars there. However, they were designed & engineered in USA & Germany (respectively). There's a big difference between them and phones / cars that have been designed & engineered in China by Chinese companies.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 13:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Eider CFMoto 650 NK: Did someone just say 650 twin & 3.37 lakh in the same sentence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't agree with that analogy.

Apple builds iPhones in China and Mercedes-Benz makes cars there. However, they were designed & engineered in USA & Germany (respectively). There's a big difference between them and phones / cars that have been designed & engineered in China by Chinese companies.
You have all the reason to not agree mate as I made it clear as to difference between cars and phones. Although but there are some local Chinese phone companies who have shaken the big brands namely Lenovo(I am using one since the last 4 years), Mi(using it since the last 2 years), Letv, etc.

I am all against copying blatantly but reverse engineering has been done by others since ages for example: The Russians did it with BMW R70 with their version of Ural M72, besides there are many engineering products that the Americans copied from Germans, The Japanese copied from Americans, The Koreans copied from Japanese. The result is for all of us to see. Fact is China is what is today what Japan was in the early 1950's and 60's. We as customers have more choices and looking at the buying trend of us Indians I am seeing the Chinese succeeding. The biggest example of that is the Mumbai Metro One that uses CSR Nanjing Rolling Stock built and engineered in China, similarly there are many instances of Buses made by local Chinese companies plying in European countries, South America, etc. My brother in law works in the merchant navy and says there are millions of tons of ore coming from Brazil to China for making sheet metal and other such engineering products which were initially shipped to Japan. And Yes the quality of output that comes out is equivalent to Japan quality but designed and engineered by a local Chinese company. India being a cost conscious market is a ripe target for China right from toys, phones, engineering products to cars and buses.
navin_v8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 13:27   #9
BHPian

http://www.wlivenews.com/eider-650nk...&st_refQuery=/

Apparently, the bike was launched yesterday.
Old 5th March 2019, 18:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Arun Kumar Varasala for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The CF Moto 650 NK was spotted testing in Hyderabad. The 650 MT was spotted testing (CF Moto 650 MT Adventure bike spied) last week.

Eider CFMoto 650 NK: Did someone just say 650 twin & 3.37 lakh in the same sentence?-img_20190304_175948.jpg

Eider CFMoto 650 NK: Did someone just say 650 twin & 3.37 lakh in the same sentence?-img_20190304_175759.jpg

Eider CFMoto 650 NK: Did someone just say 650 twin & 3.37 lakh in the same sentence?-img_20190304_175755.jpg

Eider CFMoto 650 NK: Did someone just say 650 twin & 3.37 lakh in the same sentence?-img_20190304_175959.jpg

Eider CFMoto 650 NK: Did someone just say 650 twin & 3.37 lakh in the same sentence?-img_20190304_180138.jpg

Last edited by blackwasp : 5th March 2019 at 18:57.
blackwasp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 19:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Y
I am all against copying blatantly but reverse engineering has been done by others since ages for example: The Russians did it with BMW R70 with their version of Ural M72, besides there are many.
Slight correction - apparently the Russians legally acquired the rights to the BMW R71 after the original was rejected by the German armed forces. And proceeded to develop on the same.

Nevertheless, thanks for your post as it popped the thread up.
Old 5th March 2019, 22:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Slight correction - apparently the Russians legally acquired the rights to the BMW R71 after the original was rejected by the German armed forces. And proceeded to develop on the same.
Mate there are conflicting views on this, but most of the reports say that the Soviets acquired some BMW R71 motorcycles covertly. The Soviet engineers then disassembled the entire bike and reverse engineered it to make their own version, there was no official deal between BMW and the Soviets. I am a self-confessed World War buff.

Here is one of the many references:
http://copy-cats.work/vehicles2/bmw-...nepr-m-72-ussr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks