Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2016, 12:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj Pulsar 150 NS: Exports begin before domestic launch

Bajaj offers the Pulsar in multiple variants, including the RS 200, AS 200 and AS 150 among others. While Bajaj has discontinued the 200 NS, it has developed a 150cc version of the NS and the model has hit export markets, well ahead of its launch in India.

Bajaj has shipped over 20,000 units to as many as 8 countries worldwide, including Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, Turkey, Finland, Thailand and the USA. The Pulsar 150 NS has been exported in completely knocked down (CKD) form to countries where Bajaj has assembly lines and in semi-knocked down (SKD) form to others where it doesn’t have assembly facilities, according to the report by Autocar Professional.

Colombia is believed to be the biggest market for the Pulsar 150 NS, where it has been available since March 2015. It is not clear as to when Bajaj plans to launch the bike in India. Like the AS 150, it is powered by a 149.5cc, single-cylinder engine with 17 BHP and 13 Nm of torque on tap.

Bajaj Pulsar 150 NS: Exports begin before domestic launch-1.jpg

Name:  2.png
Views: 7323
Size:  230.1 KB
Tushar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 13:36   #2
BHPian

Re: Bajaj Pulsar 150 NS: Exports begin before domestic launch

I still can't come to terms with the fact that Bajaj discontinued the 200 NS; I think the Duke 200 was to be blamed . I am eagerly waiting for the 150 NS launch and sincerely hope that Bajaj keeps a finger on the price.
Old 19th March 2016, 20:51   #3
BHPian

I am not sure if Bajaj officially announced 200 NS' retirement. It is in fact still listed on Bajaj's website. Can someone please point me to any news item in this regard?

P.S: I am a fan of the 200 NS, and would hate to see it go.
Old 20th March 2016, 09:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath.s View Post
I am not sure if Bajaj officially announced 200 NS' retirement. It is in fact still listed on Bajaj's website. Can someone please point me to any news item in this regard?

P.S: I am a fan of the 200 NS, and would hate to see it go.

I believe a Google search of "Pulsar 200 NS discontinued" would serve you with enough articles from mid 2015 about the happening. It seems Bajaj just forgot to supply it to dealers.
Old 20th March 2016, 10:30   #5
BHPian

I believe NS was supposed to be launched with Fuel Injection ala RS200?

The AS though feature rich isn't that great. Looks ugly and worse of all made an already heavy bike heavier thereby deteriorating the handling. Bajaj has gone downhill ever since NS..
Old 20th March 2016, 11:14   #6
NPX
BHPian

With KTM becoming popular among youth day by day, it is becoming more difficult for Bajaj to sell the Pulsar. IMO Bajaj did wrong by completely changing the original Pulsar's character in new designs, they should have gone with a different name if they were to launch new designs. And adding NS, AS, SS to the name also failed to click with customers.

Last edited by GTO : 21st March 2016 at 10:44. Reason: Typos
Old 20th March 2016, 13:53   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamarthMehrotra View Post
I believe a Google search of "Pulsar 200 NS discontinued" would serve you with enough articles from mid 2015 about the happening. It seems Bajaj just forgot to supply it to dealers.
Mate, I indeed Googled before posting, and that's why I asked if there's an "official" statement from Bajaj. I wasn't able to find one.
Old 21st March 2016, 10:23   #8
BHPian

What crap is Bajaj upto! Pulsar 200 NS is one of the most handsome bikes on Indian roads and it sure is a joy to ride. I own it since a year. Initially wanted to buy the RS200 but went ahead with the 200NS due to the delay in the launch of the RS and am so glad that I didnt wait. AS200 is downright ugly in the handling department wherein the 200NS once set a benchmark among Pulsars is completely lost. The fairing does not even effectively deflect the wind on the AS200. Also I just fail to understand the thinking behind first launching a fresh design on the 200 series and then downporting it to the 150. This does piss me off and in future it would mean that the 400, 200 and 150 series all flaunt the same design and thereby will leave the 400 series buyers feeling bad.

Also, coming to the 150ns, the rear looks plain ugly with that skinny rear tyre and missing disc brake.

Last edited by GTO : 21st March 2016 at 17:04. Reason: Typos
Old 21st March 2016, 12:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
Also I just fail to understand the thinking behind first launching a fresh design on the 200 series adn then downporting it to the 150. This does piss me off and in future it would mean that the 400, 200 and 150 series all flaunt the same design and thereby will leave the 400 series buyers feeling bad.
+1 to that.

Was really digging the 200NS, but having already owned the Pulsar 180, didn't really feel like going for another "Pulsar" even though I knew they were TOTALLY different bikes.

Bajaj should seriously consider dropping the Pulsar branding and just call them 150/200NS, if they ever plan to launch this in India. They need to pick one end of the spectrum and have the "Pulsars" associated with either their 'commuter' products or 'performance' products. I mean, it doesn't make much sense when the same branding stretches from 135s to 400s, overlapping with the Discovers
Old 21st March 2016, 12:35   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Bajaj should seriously consider dropping the Pulsar branding and just call them 150/200NS, if they ever plan to launch this in India. They need to pick one end of the spectrum and have the "Pulsars" associated with either their 'commuter' products or 'performance' products. I mean, it doesn't make much sense when the same branding stretches from 135s to 400s, overlapping with the Discovers
BAJAJ in away did try promoting the Pulsar brand as a performance oriented sub-brand by pushing Discover brand till 150cc segment, but then the plan failed. The problem here is PULSAR in itself is a bigger brand than it's parent company BAJAJ . I was head-over-heels in love with the CS400 but then don't think I would invest on it as never now when these BAJAJ folks will come up with CS150. Better that I divert the same funds towards the Yamaha R3 (More expensive but then atleast will maintain the novelty factor for long, rather forever comparatively).
Old 10th May 2018, 15:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Has Bajaj silently launched Pulsar NS160 for domestic market?
Saw one unregistered bike in nearby parking lot yesterday. Bike is also listed on Bajaj website.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 15:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Has Bajaj silently launched Pulsar NS160 for domestic market?
Saw one unregistered bike in nearby parking lot yesterday. Bike is also listed on Bajaj website.
There should be a thread running on Bajaj's launches and currently sold models, on the lines of the "current discounts and offers" thread. It is so dynamic.
There are a total of 8 Pulsars being sold currently :
1) RS200
2) NS200
3) NS160
4) 220
5) 180
6) 150 Twin Disc
7) 150 Single disc
8) 135 LS

I am sure some models are on their way, and some are on their way out.

Bajaj's bike sales remind me of the seasonal fruits market.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks