Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 14:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: MV Agusta India launch on May 11, 2016

Personally I'm quite unhappy with the pricing. I have been in touch with the CEO and local dealer and have been quoted 15 lakh, and now they go ahead and launch with almost 17 lakh ex-showroom?

I think they need to seriously consider a price revision, because most of the people buying these will either not care about the pricing at all (initial lot, for exclusivity and being the 1st). Then demand will taper down from that segment because MV simply doesn't have the brand recall like Ducati or Harley Davidson does.

The second group of people will be the informed buyers or brand lovers, who will be taken aback by the pricing. It makes the choice much harder because for the F3 price point I can buy a world tourer (tiger), cruiser (many options), a 200bhp track monster from Japan or its rival Ducati Panigale.

Personally for me the decision was difficult earlier as I already have a street triple (both have 3cy engines). Also I rarely ride my bike, so going in for a Race Replica was easy because I wont be riding it much anyways. Between talks of bankruptcy and this pricing I see the future as being bleak for MV. They could have killed the Daytona (track nuts) and Ducati (ccd boys) sales with pricing.

I'm still looking forward to riding one and seeing the fit and finish, because we all know motorcycle purchase decisions are made by the heart Hope they revise pricing when they shift to full CKD. I've heard they are doing SKD right now.
quickdraw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 07:58   #17
r.K
BHPian

Came across this very informative article, relevant to our discussion. It compares the F3 800, Pinnagale 899, Daytona 675R and the RSV4:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/re...ass-mc-comparo
r.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 09:40   #18
BHPian

Everywhere we see better pricing with more competition. But in the Indian superbike space, manufacturers are on a competition to see who can price the highest

Even if I had the money to buy an overpriced MV, I would be vary of this partnership kind of setup. Everyone other than DSK has failed to provide good service in such cases eventually leading to snapped off ties. E.g: First innings of Ducati, Garware-Hyosung etc. IIRC, Kinetic had already left the Hyosung owners helpless in early 2000s (excuse me if I am wrong, I was a school going kid back then).

I see absolutely no reason to pay so much and buy from a third party company with no secure future when you have the Japanese and Ducati providing first party sales and service, unless one's a hardcore MV fan or has a lot of money to throw around.

If they really wanted to make some profit, they could have priced sensibly and attracted a lot of prospective customers from Triumph/Ducati.
But well, good luck, MotoRoyale. You're going to need it.

Last edited by theredliner : 13th May 2016 at 09:41.
Old 13th May 2016, 11:55   #19
BHPian

Their pricing now makes previously expensively priced bikes seem reasonable!
I don't understand for what specific reason will a buyer spend a couple of lakhs extra to purchase an Agusta which has specs similar to other bikes and no proof of reliability and after sales in India yet.
They should've introduced the bikes cheaper than the competition and then upped the pricing only once they gained some momentum.
It will be hard to get good sales at this price.
The F3 F800 which competes with the 899 Panigale abroad is almost 3-4 lakhs more than the Panigale and most reviews say that the 899 is better in most aspects!
Old 12th July 2017, 19:39   #20
Team-BHP Support

2017 Brutale 800 has arrived via the Semi Knocked Down (SKD) route and has been priced at INR 15.59 lakh (ex-showroom Pune).

Source -

https://www.motoroids.com/recent-lau...nr-15-59-lakh/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks