Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2016, 20:23   #1
BHPian

Kalki Koechlin rides across the North-East on a Royal Enfield Himalayan

Just came across this on wheelstreet.in

Kalki Koechlin rides across the North-East on a Royal Enfield Himalayan-kalkikoechlinroyalenfieldhimalayan051470372672.jpg
Image Courtesy : https://www.wheelstreet.in

Quote:
Renowned film actress and theatre artist, Kalki Koechlin, is undertaking a bike ride of epic proportions across the North-Eastern states of India on a Royal Enfield Himalayan.

She is doing so as part of a show by Fox Life who wants its viewers to witness what it’s like to go through the challenging yet rewarding terrains of the unexplored North-East. Accompanying Kalki Koechlin will be her father, Joel Koechlin, who she has hailed as being her inspiration to travel.

The show will be aired in September 2016 and will follow Kalki and her father as they tackle the harsh conditions and rocky terrains that greet motorcyclists who venture into the magnificent Himalayas. This TV series will showcase a never-seen-before motorcycle adventure tour through the North-Eastern states.
Here's the link

This will be interesting. The Northeast is pristine, beautiful and as yet unexplored. Most of the Northeast is very un-touristy (if there's such a word). The series maybe will give a fillip to tourism in the as yet unexplored region. North East is a beautiful kaleidoscope of cultures, languages and vistas. You'll be surprised to know that though they all may look similar to us, there's a great diversity in between regions, and within regions too there are different tribes and cultures, each fairly different from the other! This great diversity of culture, language and landscape is what makes it so interesting. Though the common thread running through all of Northeast is the locals' simple take on life and their happy go lucky attitude. They are hard working, simple people with a warm smiles and open hearts. I'm sure the intrepid travellers amongst us will enjoy driving and exploring that part of the country, and will be richer for the experience.

I spent more than two years in the region and have been fortunate to go exploring. Great vistas, simple people and unspoiled nature in all her glory, all of the Northeast is beautiful. Arunachal, for sure is the hidden gem amongst the seven sisters - pristine and as yet unspoiled. If the roads are done up and the connectivity and hospitality options improved (with the archaic inner line permits done away with IMO), we will see enthusiastic travellers, and then some, flocking to explore the exquisitely beautiful trails, jungles, valleys and rivers that the land of the rising Indian sun has to offer! Of course we do have our own BHPians who've done their fair share of exploring and posted travelogues from the region. And one BHPian has made it his second home.

Here are some (but not all -there are a whole lot of them) links to the TeamBHP travelogues of the region

And some pictures to see for yourself the beauty of the place.

Meghalaya, Sikkim, Tawang

News and Image Courtesy : https://www.wheelstreet.in

Cheers !

(PS : Mods could you please shorten the links. I tried it but couldn't)

Last edited by Ironhide : 8th August 2016 at 20:53.
Ironhide is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 16:23   #2
BHPian

Re: Kalki Koechlin rides across the North-East on a Royal Enfield Himalayan

I like this girls spirit and she has a lovely smile too ;-). Look forward to seeing the documentary and wish her safe travels.
Seacat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 16:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kalki Koechlin rides across the North-East on a Royal Enfield Himalayan

Won't people watch it if a life time biker were to feature in the documentary? I feel pretty upset with the media for always looking out for celebrities to feature in their documentaries. It then gives the documentary a made up feel for some reason.

Not sure what am i really mad about but i just am!
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks