Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2006, 14:17   #1
BHPian

had a small test drive of the new extreme.( am also comparing it to the old cbz)

Initial impression- looks really good in the flesh and though the fairing might seem slight ackward or big initially at first it really grows onto you very fast . its not like it or leave it , more of like it or start appreciating it.

once you sit on the bike you realise that the bike is shorter or maybe the seat is shorter than the older cbz.feels good to sit in and comfy too.but there is that, sit on top of the bike rather than sit in the bike feel to it.

gear and brake lever position is good and no major problem or improvement in this area s the older cbz was spot on in these aspects.

switch gear is of good quality and the grips are comfy and offer good grip at the same time ,a longer ride will really tell how comfy they really are.

engine does not really feel free revving , but to be really honest the bike that i was riding had only 20 kms on the odo before it was disconnected so cant really guess how many kms it had been really driven (thrashed) around.

feels good and willing to dive into corners but has a forward stance with not that much grip in the stance itself and is not really confidence inspiring .

feels lighter compared to the older one and many will appreciate this aspect as it will give way to a better mileage but has lost the planted feel that the earlier bike had.

all in all something to appeal to everyone and feels made for the masses but also feels built to a price --something that was absent from theold cbz while felt just right to ride.

good on the brakes as was the earlier one and seems to have a flatter curve to ride it out but will have to get a longer test drive to evaluate it better
Old 6th November 2006, 08:50   #2

Check this for First ride report of the CBX xtreme by autocar India.

http://indian2wheels.blogspot.com/20...irst-ride.html
Old 6th December 2006, 18:36   #3

Check the latest review.
The Bike Chronicles of India: 150 C.C Test Ride Series: Hero Honda Achiever & CBZ Xtreme

performance of CBZ xtreme looks good
Old 6th December 2006, 21:39   #4
BHPian

one of my friend has bought it.. its very good bike i say in terms of performance.. correct me if i am wrong its one of the fastest in the 150cc class. the only thing that bother's me is the fairing and the bindi look.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks