Team-BHP - Karizma mods suggestions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Karizma mods suggestions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/19210-karizma-mods-suggestions.html)

After driving around in a 5.6 Litre 8 cylinder 340 HP car in the US, I am riding around on a Karizma in Delhi these days (hopefully short stay). Will someone here please advice on where I can go (in delhi) to get a cigarette lighter socket installed on my bike - for GPS and Cell phone charging etc? Any and all suggestions welcome, including suggestions on week end trips out of Delhi- Neemrana was a possibility..

Muchos Gracias
jay

hey dude..Fort Point Authorized Hero Honda Service dealer here in Mumbai offers cell phone charging accessory for Hero Honda bikes..not sure which dealer might be offering that in Delhi..
As for the Cigarette Lighter,I don't know whether anyone does that for bikes here..
cheers,
-sr

Jay its not that tough, any motorcycle mechanic can do this for you. I have one on my motorcycle for electric compressor. Check out the photo that I had posted of it a while back

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogesh sarkar (Post 331082)
Jay its not that tough, any motorcycle mechanic can do this for you. I have one on my motorcycle for electric compressor. Check out the photo that I had posted of it a while back

Thats cool Yogesh. Thankks for the response. After posting that plea, I got hold of a guy in Khan market who will do it for me. I am planning to put in an "embedded" one.

Planning to get some sort of mount for my WIndows CE Hand Held device working off a bluetooth GPS unit to help me keep to the staright and narrow.

Jay

Quote:

Originally Posted by fieroid (Post 1124163)
Thats why I said, dont expect extra horses. You can get a few decimal ponies for sure. LOL :D
Who says, you loose reliability with mods? Again it depends on what exactly u doing. Not group B specs for sure. Well if a stock bike itself is thrashed day in a day out, it will wear faster than a well maintained and well ridden modified engine.
---
Again, FYI it returns 32kmpl in city and 40kmpl on highway stints with casual ripping. Under hard insane riding, it returns 21-23kmpl. We are talking about a dynoed 21+ bhp at the crank engine. The bike runs on stock sprokets to this day.

Joel

What will comprise Stage 1 mods on a stock Karizma?

It will be mods to the cylinder head Only.

Just finished reading all the 25 pages...."AWESOME" is the word guys!!

Hatsoff to -
Sankar @ for the dedication and hardwork, and the guts to experiment with his brand new zma!!
Joel @ for the medula tickling amounts of knowledge!!! what do you read man!

i was looking around for mods for my zma, and came across this thread, cant wait for the end result.

All the very best wishes to you Sankar!

khaleel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fieroid (Post 1142754)
It will be mods to the cylinder head Only.

A little more details will be wonderful :). I have a 2006 zma which has done 20k kms as of now. I was looking for details about the stage1 mods for a karizma's performance.

I was reading on the net and found that Hondas CRF 230F is the donner for the karizma's heart. It produces somewhere around 18.5bhp as compared to 17bhp of a stock Karizma so wanted to do some stuffs that can give me that 1.5 bhp more :)

Details will be wonderful as I done have much knowledge of the inside of a bikes parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 1143249)
A little more details will be wonderful :). I have a 2006 zma which has done 20k kms as of now. I was looking for details about the stage1 mods for a karizma's performance.

I was reading on the net and found that Hondas CRF 230F is the donner for the karizma's heart. It produces somewhere around 18.5bhp as compared to 17bhp of a stock Karizma so wanted to do some stuffs that can give me that 1.5 bhp more :)

Details will be wonderful as I done have much knowledge of the inside of a bikes parts.

Remove the head and reduce the surface facing the head gasket by 0.7 mm,in all probability u will have 18.5 bhp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by venugopal (Post 1144040)
Remove the head and reduce the surface facing the head gasket by 0.7 mm,in all probability u will have 18.5 bhp.

Nice to hear from ur side Venu......so the work that you are talking about above.....how much time consuming you think it will be? The costs involved?

U can do a few basic things yourself.
The most simple mod will be, just remove the base gasket, i.e your cylinder block gasket and just apply a coat of three-bond paste. You will effectively get 20psi more compression. Good for a decent 1 bhp bump atleast ;)

very simple and sweet mod, But what will be the revert effect? Is three bond paste will do the same as gasket? Please reply :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fieroid (Post 1145319)
U can do a few basic things yourself.
The most simple mod will be, just remove the base gasket, i.e your cylinder block gasket and just apply a coat of three-bond paste. You will effectively get 20psi more compression. Good for a decent 1 bhp bump atleast ;)

So with a single coat i can get a 20psi increase in compression? thats wonderful. So are you saying to apply the coat both for the base & head gasket? or just the head gasket (the gasket that seals the bore & cylinder head?
Further, where can I find this 3-bond paste? Will it be reliable? I don’t have the tools to open the head so can any mech do the job?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudhi_des (Post 1146119)
very simple and sweet mod, But what will be the revert effect? Is three bond paste will do the same as gasket? Please reply :)

no reverse effect. Only effect is improved performance :D
Threebond is a rubber based gasket paste. It will seal as much as a paper gasket if applied evenly.

Thanks Fieroid. Will try this soon.