Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2018, 17:55   #691
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
And a large set who aren't really interested in buying a new bike, leave alone a RE bike, but just like to discuss and deliberate the pro & cons (as they always do on tbhp)
Please don't take any offense, but isn't that the whole point of a forum? Why does someone need to be a potential customer to discuss the pros and cons of any product?
As long as the discussions have a point, and are factually correct, I don't see anything wrong with people offering their views on a product.

I've been a silent spectator of this thread, and am not the slightest bit interested in buying an RE ever, but that hasn't stemmed my curiosity of the forum's response, and it shouldn't mean that I am not allowed to state my opinion about the pros and cons of these bikes if I so wish to. The opinions of the people on this forum is what opens the eyes of a potential buyer, and helps a lot of them make their decisions

Cheers

Last edited by Joxster : 19th November 2018 at 18:12.
Joxster is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 18:20   #692
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
And a large set who aren't really interested in buying a new bike, leave alone a RE bike, but just like to discuss and deliberate the pro & cons (as they always do on tbhp)
Do we buy, or intend to buy, every vehicle that we evaluate and comment on?

I comment on commercial vehicle threads - that doesn’t mean that I intend to drive an AL Tusker or Tata 2320.

The idea behind my suggestion was to see how many have already committed on a bike that’s just been announced (mea culpa). Not to keep away those that might just be wondering what all the fuss is about.
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 18:27   #693
Senior - BHPian

Come on guys, Ninjatalli was making a light hearted comment. See the smile at the end

Be cool and have fun.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 19:36   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah, i think a poll would be good fun.

Will be nice to know how many beta testers are out there. ��
Old 19th November 2018, 20:06   #695
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Yeah, i think a poll would be good fun.

Will be nice to know how many beta testers are out there. ��
This thread does more justice than any poll -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4497214 (The "I Booked my Bike / Scooter" Thread)

Five people to have announced their booking already, and I believe few more have mentioned in this thread too!
Old 19th November 2018, 20:51   #696
BHPian

Couldn't resist anymore!

When it was unveiled last year, I told myself I will wait for a year after the first delivery so that RE can fix all the initial niggles. On the launch day, I reduced it to 6 months. Sunday, I went to the showroom with my wife and ended up booking.

Tried sitting on the bike and pushed it off the stand. Voila! half of my foot was on the ground. To confirm, I tried sitting on a desert storm which was on display. Interceptor's seat height was indeed lesser than the Classic. (It is still taller than my C350 in which I have a rider's seat without springs). Sat on the 650 again, started the bike and gently twisted the throttle close to 3000 rpm once. And our one and a half year old son started shouting "new bullet". I looked at my wife and she said I was already mentally prepared to book it today

Delivery is promised by end of Feb. I plan to delay it if any major issues are reported by then. I wanted a Silver Spectre to stand next to my current Silver C350, but wifey liked the Baker Express more. Expected OTR price is 3.09L.

BTW, I have a task in hand to teach my son that all silver Enfields are not bullets. Not anymore!

Last edited by LazyGunner : 19th November 2018 at 20:59. Reason: Adding more info
LazyGunner is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 20:54   #697
BHPian

Kudos to team RE. I am 16 years old and these are two bikes I can see myself riding after some time. I like how the RE brand is morphing into a brand that not only looks after it's existing customer base but makes an effort to attract a whole new set of customers to their showrooms. The erstwhile Continental GT was my favourite 'affordable' bike, especially in that popping yellow colour. Now, the 650cc has taken it's place. I wish all the best to the R&D team at Royal Enfield.
revsperminute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 21:00   #698

I too visited the Cochin showroom with a plan to just have a look and came back booking one. Delivery expected in March according to them.
Only silver was on display and it looked classy in life even though I didn't like it when I saw the photos. Can anyone suggest which is probably the best looker in terms of colour. Please suggest a place where all colours can be seen.
drmadhuks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 21:25   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmadhuks View Post
I too visited the Cochin showroom with a plan to just have a look and came back booking one. Delivery expected in March according to them.
Only silver was on display and it looked classy in life even though I didn't like it when I saw the photos. Can anyone suggest which is probably the best looker in terms of colour. Please suggest a place where all colours can be seen.
The only place at the moment where you can see all the colours is "online" But seriously, I too haven't seen any of the colours in person, but have booked the Baker Express already - and still confused between this one and the Orange crush. Good thing is that RE allows change of colours without too much of a fuss. And choosing a colour is a very personal decision, asking 5 people might fetch you 3 or more answers which would confuse you even more, so take your time, see all the colours in person and then pick your choice.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 00:54   #700
Team-BHP Support

The vibration test in the Zigwheels review had become a big discussion point among many, so seems like they have uploaded the unedited version of the test once again -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 08:25   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The vibration test in the Zigwheels review had become a big discussion point among many, so seems like they have uploaded the unedited version of the test once again -

[l]
Well , also their drag race with 390 was the most unclear and shady drag I have ever seen.

Basically there was no need for that drag race. And when you choose to do it, you should do it completely.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 20th November 2018 at 08:26.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 14:08   #702
BHPian

I have Booked the Interceptor 650 in Orange Crush through the web-site and selected the dealer of my Choice in Chandigarh. This was my first online booking experience ever, and it was minimalist, simplistic and hassle free. Paid the booking amount Via Netbanking and it was all over in just a couple of minutes.

Also, on booking confirmation got a voucher, offering me 25% off on Royal Enfield riding gear.

Now the queries:
- How do I inquire about the estimated deliver date? Given that I booked online
- I will be looking for an exhaust upgrade, is there any update on the options that might be available(S&S)?
- Is it possible to change the colour after booking? I wouldn't mind changing once I see all colours in person.
Old 20th November 2018, 14:19   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Question: to those who have seen in person is the orange really good? I booked the colour hearing praises of it in overdrive review and the launch ceremony. .
To answer this question I will sound a little funny but the colour Orange really goes very well with dark blue denims, and hence good to look at in pictures.

Another angle of looking at it will be to imagine the chromes or iron parts getting discoloured, rusted (quite common on REs after monsoons) at the crankcase area and have any other tank colour other than orange. I will leave that for you to imagine and decide.
These bikes will require extra care in terms of detailing and polishing, people in coastal regions will have a tough time maintaining it.

Most importantly, what will matter more is if you are a biker or a poser
aabhimanyu04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 14:36   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanbir View Post
Now the queries:
- How do I inquire about the estimated deliver date? Given that I booked online
You can just call up the dealer you selected and check with them. If I'm not wrong, your online booking ultimately would have reached the bookings list of the dealership you selected.

Quote:
- I will be looking for an exhaust upgrade, is there any update on the options that might be available(S&S)?
I guess a lot of us are looking for it. I don't think we will get it through official RE channel. Might be available as aftermarket, not sure. Would love it if RE offers it officially.

Quote:
- Is it possible to change the colour after booking? I wouldn't mind changing once I see all colours in person.
Yes, I booked a black classic, changed it to maroon and took delivery of a silver one. But, if you change it in the later stages, delivery might get delayed if they don't have your preferred color in stock.
Old 20th November 2018, 18:56   #705
BHPian

Hello Riders,

One interesting read! Here

Royal Enfield fan boy Vir Nakai writes about his thoughts on the twins.

You can read more about his blogs in this page.

Ride safe
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks