Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2018, 08:08   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Wrong sir. Regulations do NOT warrant retrofitting.

Oh really? I was under the impression that the regulations had the same. Eeps! In fact, I've booked my H BS4 about two weeks ago with this mis-understanding of the regulations then.

Dang! If I do cancel the booking now and wait up for the ABS version, lord knows how many months more that would take! Bummer!
Old 28th February 2018, 08:34   #17
BHPian

I just picked up the Sleet a week back.
The rear wheel has place to fit the pulsar sensor n front one will (assuming seeing the couple of not very clear pics on internet) fit on a new front caliper assembly... So retrofitting shouldn't be a big problem.
Only thing not able to findout is any light etc on instruments console.

I intend retrofitting myself even if RE doesn't give a OE/Dealer level retrofit option, let's see.

Last edited by techfreak : 28th February 2018 at 08:36.
Old 28th February 2018, 08:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
I just picked up the Sleet a week back.
The rear wheel has place to fit the pulsar sensor n front one will (assuming seeing the couple of not very clear pics on internet) fit on a new front caliper assembly... So retrofitting shouldn't be a big problem.
Only thing not able to findout is any light etc on instruments console.

I intend retrofitting myself even if RE doesn't give a OE/Dealer level retrofit option, let's see.

This is heartening news to me - seriously! Thanks much for the input. I have waited almost a year and half before doing my booking!

I'd postponed picking up the H since last year, after the reports of issues on the BS3 variant had surfaced. Again, I had waited for past of couple of months to get feedback on the BS4. You can imagine my despondency when the info I had understood about the regulations on retro fitting turned out to be my misunderstanding! :(

And in no way did I believe for a minute that waiting up to book the vehicle past April this year would help, as RE (and the others) may use the April 2019 time limit to slack on the ABS version launches.

As long as the manufacturer has provisions in place for retro fitting the hardware & the required ECU changes, I understand that a retro fit should not actually be an issue - though yes, the additional investment would be required. This I was prepared to accept.

Thanks again for the quick input, sir! You made my day!

Last edited by rideon74 : 28th February 2018 at 08:52. Reason: pesky typos!
Old 9th March 2018, 04:14   #19
BHPian

Just got a clear snap of the front left fork tube where the ABS pulsar sensor attaches, it's different. Means to retrofit ABS one will have to change the front left fork tube lower half apart from the new wiring harness, abs motor n ECU (?) etc.

So overall expenditure will Increase a bit in retrofitment.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan ABS variant enters production-1520549041881.jpg  

techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 00:22   #20
BHPian

Good on you to share the info! If the REH is worthy enough last long in my garage, I personally will have not complain about the retro-fitment costs for ABS.
Old 10th March 2018, 09:48   #21
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan ABS variant enters production

Quote:
Himalayan sold abroad comes with Dual channel ABS so I presume it will be switchable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Any idea if the ABS going to be a single channel or dual one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
Yup. Launched in UK yesterday with dual channel ABS - I presume the same will be offered to us too.
From what information I have, most of the RE models are confirmed to have only single channel ABS. This is for India only. I will confirm the models as soon as I have more information on that. It looks to me that this is being done for regulations only.
nikhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 10:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
From what information I have, most of the RE models are confirmed to have only single channel ABS. This is for India only. I will confirm the models as soon as I have more information on that. It looks to me that this is being done for regulations only.
Sad is the word and pathetic is the attitude of our home grown motorcycle company.
It is really not understood why can't they give it as an option before the regulations come into force, as such they are producing ABS models for overseas market.

Though I am in love with my little Himalayan but as a company have very little regard for RE.
Old 10th March 2018, 11:03   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Sad is the word and pathetic is the attitude of our home grown motorcycle company.
It is really not understood why can't they give it as an option before the regulations come into force, as such they are producing ABS models for overseas market.

Though I am in love with my little Himalayan but as a company have very little regard for RE.

Am sure your sentiments are shared by a growing number of RE owners today.

As I had mentioned in another thread in the forum, RE as a company simply has to drop the decadence in providing customers with value for the prices they shell out.

Eventually, they will - quite grudgingly perhaps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks