Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 14:01   #1
BHPian

Multi-coloured Bikes: What colour to mention in the RC book?

Most of the bikes in India are naked. This question holds good even for those with fairing.
Which part of the bike is taken as basis for specifying colour in RC book (card) by the manufacturer and RTO?

If I change color of say, the petrol tank or tool box cover without informing RTO, is it legal?
rich_heart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 14:07   #2
BANNED

re: Multi-coloured Bikes: What colour to mention in the RC book?

All colors used are described in the RC,

My P220 is 50:50 black and white, and the RC states Black with White.

Which is why(as I've been told) if you paint your roof black, the same is required to be updated in the RC.
Attached Thumbnails
Multi-coloured Bikes: What colour to mention in the RC book?-9804ed22e2cc27d2057be2d702891a39.jpg  

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 5th December 2017 at 14:08.
ashwinprakas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 08:00   #3
BHPian

Re: Multi-coloured Bikes: What colour to mention in the RC book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Most of the bikes in India are naked. This question holds good even for those with fairing.
Which part of the bike is taken as basis for specifying colour in RC book (card) by the manufacturer and RTO?

If I change color of say, the petrol tank or tool box cover without informing RTO, is it legal?
I realized that in RC book of my bike, color is not mentioned at all! It is left blank. Is it a problem or an advantage?
Old 5th June 2023, 00:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
I realized that in RC book of my bike, color is not mentioned at all! It is left blank. Is it a problem or an advantage?
I didn't get any response and hence bumping to see if anyone knowledgeable in RTO matters can advise.
Given a chance, I would change colour of my bike
Old 5th June 2023, 16:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Though not exactly matching with the thread's title: My car's color is mentioned as Heather Mist in the RC. Can anyone please tell me how a white uniform policewalla is going to ascertain that color on my car is indeed Heather Mist?

Last edited by alpha1 : 5th June 2023 at 16:29.
Old 6th June 2023, 00:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Though not exactly matching with the thread's title: My car's color is mentioned as Heather Mist in the RC. Can anyone please tell me how a white uniform policewalla is going to ascertain that color on my car is indeed Heather Mist?
Alpha1, generally, no policeman is going to bother with a car colour on the RC, extremely unlikely to ever happen. This (if the colour does not match with the RC) could only create an issue (if at all) during an insurance process.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 6th June 2023 at 00:10.
Old 12th June 2023, 10:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Alpha1, generally, no policeman is going to bother with a car colour on the RC, extremely unlikely to ever happen. This (if the colour does not match with the RC) could only create an issue (if at all) during an insurance process.

Cheers
Well, so how does the Insurance company certify that the color on my car is "Heather Mist"?

Red is Red, Black is Black. But I can vouch that the shade/color that I google search is nowhere close to the paint on my car (or any other Honda City of that era)
Old 13th June 2023, 14:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Well, so how does the Insurance company certify that the color on my car is "Heather Mist"?
If you need this clarified officially then the only way is to reach out to your dealer and RTO if required.

Cheers
Old 20th June 2023, 01:02   #9

Quote:
Generally if the Color is not Specified in the RC, people use it as a free pass to get their Bikes painted to the color of their choice. I have seen the same being passed through Fitness Test done by the RTO as well, the Inspection officer approves it as the RC has no color mentioned on it.

Some of them update it to the color that the bike is painted on, the rest leave it the way it is on the RC generally mentioned as NA or blank, as is your case.
khan12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks