Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Why not consider the Wave from Bajaj ?

Low entry cost
A decent mileage
A good handling package
Low service costs

The only con i see is the reliability aspect.I am sure Bajaj has learnt from its Saffire experience. It has distanced itself from the auto gear version to the CV version.

I think the engine in Kinetic Blaze is from GF170
I believe production of the Wave has now been stopped. Two new Bajaj scoots called Blade and Kristal will be launching in early 07. (similar to and targetting Activa and Dio).

After purchasing 2 Sapphires for the office and forced to sell them for scrap rate after 2 years, I am a little wary of Bajaj scoots. We've got 2 activas now.

If you the type that suffers from NFS syndrome, then go for the Blaze or the Nova 135, ortherwise Dio. If you can wait, check out the new suzuki 125.

Last edited by Mpower : 5th December 2006 at 04:05.
Old 5th December 2006, 14:56   #17

y dont u try out for a 4 wheeler........u dont hafta worry of balancing on a four wheeler.....its safe....!

Last edited by patsy : 5th December 2006 at 15:06.
Old 5th December 2006, 17:10   #18
BHPian

Is the Blaze easy enough for Ladies to ride? I saw one, it looks like a friggin g lambretta.. is it that heavy too?
Old 5th December 2006, 18:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Yeah, the Dio is far cheaper to purchase but ride a Blaze back to back and you will love its sofa type seat, suspension and eagerness to touch the 100km/h
You also have to look at practicality
Blaze is expensive to purchase.
Blaze will be heavy (thats what I felt, but don't know actual figures)
For city use you don't need scooter which is eager to touch 100.

If it would have been highway use I would have voted against Dio.
Old 5th December 2006, 19:04   #20
BHPian

my vote will go for blaze simply because of its killer looks. haven't ridden but saw it being driven by a guy, had great pickup & quiet engine.
Old 5th December 2006, 19:07   #21
BHPian

i'd say stick to the activa/dio. the blaze looks good but honestly i didnt find to be much faster than my nova135 and i really am not in a positon to recommend the nova to you either based on my experience with it.
Old 7th December 2006, 22:04   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Made For You Scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
A scooter. Question is which one?
Following is a small checklist:
  • Ease in carrying books
  • Should give a decent average. Around 40 at least.
  • Stylish
  • Shouldn't cause inconvinience for my back.
  • Rs 50000/-...can stretch a little.
  • Daily 20-25 kms only.
favoured options:
  • Kinetic Blaze
  • Honda Dio
  • Honda Activa
Option1
I have a Nova135 for 2 years now.Its storage is unbeatable.It's fast,masculine,stylish and gives 42kmpl without fuss.

Only one thing..take care to change its oils as recommended.

My usage is less approx.300 kms a month but have spent only Rs.150 on labour costs,Rs.300 on oil and Rs.216 for a faulty fuel cock so far.

Option 2 is the Dio.

Would not recommend the Blaze..bahut mahenga hai bhai
Old 8th December 2006, 11:24   #23
BHPian

Blaze Stickers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Bunny, thanks for the detailed reply. It looks like everything is going the Blaze way.
Off topic: If at all you go for blaze, please try to remove those "Catch me if you can" and "4 valves, Double Power" stickers. They are too loud for a dist-bhpian.
Old 8th December 2006, 16:46   #24
BHPian

read in todays times of india that kinetic blaze won best two wheeler of the year for design awards from top gear. from 6 nominations; all others bikes. eminent jury panel incl legendary european designers etc.

pretty cool!
Old 8th December 2006, 17:02   #25
BHPian

Its Blaze all the way. Don't look further. I like it most because of the high power dual head lights! The most amazing thing about Blaze's head light is that it’s powered by battery just like our cars so even if you are not accelerating its still shine bright. A very useful feature I guess for an auto gear scooter. Storage is a compromise though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
Is the Blaze easy enough for Ladies to ride? I saw one, it looks like a friggin g lambretta.. is it that heavy too?
Not sure about other ladies...but my lady drives it and actually love to drive it!

Last edited by adya33 : 8th December 2006 at 18:00.
Old 12th December 2006, 18:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the Blaze at a Kinetic dealership.
Rs 56,800 Stock
Rs 60,800 with Disc Brakes

Now thats quite a lot.

More issues include:
Plastic fibre body (front panel costs Rs 1,300)
Quality not that great

Buttt other scooters are rubbish. Didn't like them at all. They have no road presence.
Old 12th December 2006, 20:00   #27
BHPian

Blaze is a pretty good,when it comes to cruising ability,goodies that comes with it and decent ergonomics.but expensive and availiblity of spares and service backup is quite bad and for ladies,it may feel heavy for some of them,but i have seen quiet a lot girls riding it comfortably.I really did'nt like that lame catch me if u can sticker on the blaze.

Dio,another pretty good package,yeah its a honda.lighter than the activa,decent storage and expensive spares and certainly meets the requirement of the thread starter.
Old 13th December 2006, 17:09   #28
BHPian

Blaze is really god esp when it comes to performance...But looks too flashy, its like wearing a three piece suit to a disco..,Indeed it looks good but not at the right place.
Also in city traffic u will feal that u r wasting the power. eg using a zonda for daily office commute at max 50 KM/hr..
But its my personal opinion..
BEing an owner of Kinetic GF170 Laser, i can tell u that Kinetic has pathetic A.S.S., unless ofcourse a main dealer/workshop is in ur vicinity...
Also I fear that Kinetic might discontinue Blaze in coming year, in same way as it did it with GF170 and Comet and many other models...

I'll recommend Activa oR Dio...
Old 14th December 2006, 15:20   #29
BHPian

First of all,the comet was not discontinued; it was always clearly marketed as "limited edition" ie kinetic imported 700 odd bikes from korea and sold them.

I doubt kinetic will discontinue blaze because its never discontinued a scooter brand. only in bikes, they werent able to sustain a brand, but in scooters there's no concern.

plastic fiber body - its not really "plastic" - its an advanced material called ABS and thats very popularly used today. in indian scooters, nova, dio, pep are all with ABS. so dont worry about that.

Quality, I think, is on par with the two wheeler segment. none of them are GREAT on quality, but then they are all pretty good and ride well for few years, despite our roads, fuel quality etc. You gotta maintain properly and there ll be no problem.

I think 60K is a very good price for the Blaze. Two wheelers are probably the only thing thats cheaper in India than abroad!

GO FOR THE BLAZE, DUDE.

To draw a parallel to fifteen yrs ago:
The activa/dio are the bajaj chetaks.
The Blaze is the Kinetic Honda .
Old 17th December 2006, 03:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
and you will love its sofa type seat, suspension and eagerness to touch the 100km/h
Bunny what do you think of the seat design. When I ride long distances, I like to slide back and forth the seat little bit every once in a while to kinda stretch my back. With the stepped seat in the Blaze you are fixed to one place and I think it could be uncomfortable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks