Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2006, 14:49   #1

WTS Honda Dio scooter - how to evaluate price ?

Hi

I want to sell my Honda Dio scooter.

Though I purchased it in June 2003, it has run only 11,000 km during this time. It's in perfect working condition, body is also scratchless, color is blue. The current on-the-road price of the same is Rs. 43,000.00. Can you please suggest what should be the reasonable selling price ?

Thanks in advance...

Nirmalya
Old 6th December 2006, 13:54   #2
BHPian

around 22-24k here in bangalore. My 2004 activa was quoted 24k. DIO bags lesser resale value.
Old 24th April 2007, 13:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Have you already sold your DIO!!
I had been to Honda showroom in Domlur recently, looks like they lowered the on-road price for DIO to compete with scooty pep+. I guess its 41K + as of now.
I'm confused ,, should go for Activa or Dio!!!!
Old 24th April 2007, 14:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

See activa being all metal can have body parts repaired which is cheaper than replacing the plastic parts in Dio. Also what matters is which one looks better to you. I am not sure but I belive Activa being metal body has slightly lower mileage than Dio but this diff is marginal
Old 24th April 2007, 20:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
See activa being all metal can have body parts repaired which is cheaper than replacing the plastic parts in Dio. Also what matters is which one looks better to you. I am not sure but I belive Activa being metal body has slightly lower mileage than Dio but this diff is marginal

There are pros and cons to the Plastic body theory. I was told when buying my dio in 2004 by the Dealer that he could replace the whole plastic panels (Painted Portions) of the Dio for 2300 Rs . Getting some tinkering and painting for an all metal body of Dio would cost the same but would it be as good is the question.

Dio and Activa are slightly different in the way they are projected . If you are going to have a pillion rider ( Mostly Female) then the Activa is a better choice . The dio is more suited for single rider kinds
Old 25th April 2007, 11:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes I agree with you, its not the only reason for selecting between a Dio & Activa but for most of the buyers it matters & so I mentioned.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:08   #7

i got a proposal of 18k for my 05, 14000kms run dio.......is that a good price or what

Most Viewed