Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2018, 19:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hero Motocorp unveils Xtreme 200R

Hero Motocorp has unveiled its new Xtreme 200R motorcycle. The bike is powered by a 200 cc engine and will be offered with ABS as an option when it goes on sale in April 2018.

Hero Motocorp unveils Xtreme 200R-40264_hero_xtreme_200r_1.jpg

In terms of styling, it has a dual-tone colour scheme featuring 'Xtreme' decals on the fuel tank. The engine and crankcase are finished in black as are the 17-inch alloy wheels, front forks and the rear swing arm. The bike gets eyebrow-shaped LED pilot lamps up front and an all-LED tail light. The front cowl houses a digital instrument cluster with an analogue tachometer. According to Hero, the Xtreme 200R gets a redesigned seat and a revised exhaust.

Hero Motocorp unveils Xtreme 200R-40266_hero_xtreme_200r_3.jpg

The new Xtreme 200R is powered by a 199.6 cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine featuring a balancer shaft for reduced vibrations. It is based on the 150 cc unit that powers the Achiever. The new engine makes 18 BHP @ 8,000 rpm and a torque of 17.1 Nm @ 6,500 rpm and comes paired with a 5-speed transmission. Hero claims that the Xtreme 200R accelerates from 0-60 km/h in 4.6 seconds and has a top speed of 114 km/h.

Hero Motocorp unveils Xtreme 200R-40270_hero_xtreme_200r_6.jpg

The bike comes equipped with conventional 37 mm telescopic front forks and a 7-step adjustable monoshock at the rear. Brakes come in the form of a single 276 mm front disc and a 220 mm rear disc. ABS is optional. It rides on 100/80 R17 and 130/70 R17 tires in the front and rear respectively.

Hero Motocorp unveils Xtreme 200R-40268_hero_xtreme_200r_5.jpg

The Hero Xtreme 200R will be available in five dual-tone colour options - Panther Black with cool Silver, Panther Black with Red, Sports Red, Charcoal Grey with Orange and Techno Blue.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 20:18   #2
BHPian

Re: Hero Motocorp unveils Xtreme 200R

The only thing “Xtreme” about this bike is that atrocious design and power figure. I mean common, 200cc and just 18 bhp? Bajaj and others have taken the game to a level to which Hero can’t even aspire to reach. A stupid, boring bike.

They better spend a LOT more bucks on R&D and get us a special bike. I for one, would be very proud if an Indian manufacturer creates solid products (like Bajaj is). But that doesn’t seem to happen with the engineers at Hero.

They better stick to Splendour and likes. That’s all they’ve learnt from Honda and well..it’s bringing a whole lotta bucks to them. So why even bother with bikes like this?
The Brutailer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 23:30   #3
BHPian

Being the market leader Hero should take some initiatives and introduce us to some exciting products. When everyone can, why can't they ? Looks like Hero is happy being the mass market seller or did they get nervous after the legendary Karizma's demise and the new Karizma's goof up.

Xtreme 200R - Well, too little too late. Sums it up.
mayank0782 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 00:00   #4
BHPian

yet another Xtreme! what is stopping Hero to give it a fresh look instead of continuing the same old ugly design? I hate those extended bulk looking protrusions on the fuel tank.
The least they could have done is to have redesigned head light.

What about the rear tyre hugger, I am not sure if the one shown in the above pics does any good during monsoon.
Naveen_0181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 01:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

"Too little too late" seems to be the general sentiment across the board. Hero seems to have spent way too much time twiddling their thumbs while Bajaj made successful partnerships and big strides in the Indian biking scene, Hero seems to have still sat and twiddled their thumbs while TVS slowly came up with the Apache 200 thus announcing their arrival into the 200cc segment and then went on to crack the entry level sport bike segment with their new RR310. Sure TVS's execution may not be stellar re- delayed launch of abs version on the 200 and slow distribution of the rr310 amongst dealers, but they are still way ahead of Hero in terms of capturing new audiences, innovating and taking steps to gain more aspirational value as a brand. I think the writing is on the wall now and I cannot wait for Hero's next release because that ought to be a make-it-or-break-it one given their audaciously bland approach to things so far.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 10:36   #6
BHPian

I wonder who in Hero thought this extremely generic bike with very average performance is "XTREME". Do they not do even very basic comparative tests with offerings from Bajaj and TVS? Why do they not start with Karzima engine and chasis and build from there?
What happened to the Hero of old who gave us CBZ and Karizma at the start of the century?
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 01:28   #7
BHPian

I was using Karizma/classic-Pulsar. As the pulsar was getting older (It was a 2003 model) and with a plan of downgrading to lower CC/power compared to Karizma as a process of turning to a family man, I brought CBZ extreme with front and back disk.
I thought, it might gives similar riding pleasure as of old CBZ, and I did the mistake of buying it without test riding. I was totally wrong and it’s nowhere comparable to any of the above bikes and was lot worse. Any speed over 60Kph doesn’t give an enjoyable ride for CBZ extreme.
And to add up to this, Hero service center also gives nightmares. A lose screw from the chain cover was making noises and as a fix, I was asked to change the entire chain-sprocket set. It again took 3-4 service visits plus escalations to Hero Motors to get the issue fixed.

This Xtreme 200R, the styling and dial etc looks similar to CBZ extreme which is not a good sign for me.

Last edited by arunrajk81 : 6th February 2018 at 01:30. Reason: correction of missing word
Old 6th February 2018, 12:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
The only thing “Xtreme” about this bike is that atrocious design and power figure. I mean common, 200cc and just 18 bhp? Bajaj and others have taken the game to a level to which Hero can’t even aspire to reach. A stupid, boring bike.
True. Too little, too late.
But, if they price it at a slight premium than their regular xtreme, it may find some takers.
Old 6th February 2018, 13:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

The Karizma was launched a decade and half (15 years) back.

And this is the Best in 2018. Cheers!!

Last edited by payeng : 6th February 2018 at 13:59.
payeng is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 19:21   #10
Team-BHP Support

Now bookings open -

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/h...open-in-india/

Should be priced less than 1L.
Old 5th July 2018, 20:09   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Should be priced less than 1L.
Their website shows Rs. 88000/- ex showroom with ABS.

So it surely should be around 1L on road. That's well below the NS 200 and the RTR 200.
The Great is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 20:35   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post

So it surely should be around 1L on road. That's well below the NS 200 and the RTR 200.
Maybe the Xtreme 200R is intended to take on the premium 150cc's like the FZ16, Gixxer, Hornet, and the recently launched Apache 160. The pricing certainly suggests that. I think it's a sensible move, going the Yamaha FZ25 way and offering a 200cc motorcycle for the price of a 150cc. But the styling is still atrocious.

The Xpulse would be a much better competitor for the 200cc segment as the lone adventure offering.
Shumi_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 00:04   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post

Which website? Can't find the product of Hero site. Is it silently launched already?

88k is brilliant pricing, even without ABS.
Old 6th July 2018, 10:53   #14
BANNED

Just when you think the Yamaha FZ25 would be the undisputed champion in the touring class Hero comes with this.

Here's why I believe the X200 is a better buy than the FZ25;

1. Pricing! With the rough estimate of 30k you would save opting for the X200 you could buy yourself some decent riding gear. Plus for the uninformed Hero has a reputation of using superior components in their motorcycles of the past in comparisson to other manufacurers even Japanese for that matter.

2. Practicality! ABS makes sense over FI when it comes to a motorcycle preferred for touring, and Hero's service network comes as an added bonus though only marginally better than Yamaha's. Plus a Carburetor is seen as a bonus point for those intending to tour far and wide taking into consideration that Yamaha's recommendation is to service their FI's at 6k km's intervals. And if not obvious the kick-starter only makes the package better, read less chances of down-time hence more reliable.

3. Engine Characteristics! With a considerable drop in bore size compared to the FZ25 the difference being 7.5mm in comparison to a drop in stroke size by 0.5mm, the X200 would be making if not stronger at the best more focused torque in the low to mid range and would also be able to carry it a little further along the rev range due to the lesser displacement resistance sans the additional 50cc that the FZ25 sports.

Now being done with the pro's I am a bit sceptical about Hero's ideology when it comes to designing fuel tanks, why on earth would they bother with the tank scoops! Without them they could shave some weight if not redcue chances of rattle in the long run. At least they could've provided a bigger fuel tank cause though not exactly small at 12.5liters, they could have made a difference utilizing the bulk to kick up it up to the range of 15liters if not more.

Guess Hero selling more motorcycles have to do with how well they understand the end consumer cause I can imagine one not giving a second thought about distance to empty range and going ballistic over not having a muscular tank or fatter tires or *get this* USD suspension.
ashwinprakas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 11:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hope this is not a typo/introductory pricing. Yamaha, Suzuki, Bajaj, TVS all owe us answers, as why should we buy FZ,Gixxer,Pulsar,Apache. The 200R has the specs that can murder the 160's, decent kit to rival the 200's, power that is competitive with other 200's, large number of service centers and overall a price that will bury the 160cc bikes. I don't mind that weird headlamp and flashy stickers if i get to save 30K!

Last edited by PrideRed : 9th July 2018 at 11:35.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks