Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2018, 11:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Menza Lucat e-bike launched at Rs. 2.80 lakh. Bookings open

Menza Motors has launched its first electric motorcycle in India. The bike is priced at Rs. 2.80 lakh (ex-showroom) and can also be acquired with a battery lease of Rs. 4,000 per month and Rs. 1.80 lakh (ex-showroom). The bike can be booked online on the Paytm Mall till February 28, 2018. Customers can book the top-end variant of the bike by paying a sum of Rs. 10,000.

Menza Lucat e-bike launched at Rs. 2.80 lakh. Bookings open-menza-lucat.jpg

The Menza Lucat is a factory-customized bike that is built as per the rider's requirement and riding style. It is offered with carbon fibre bodywork wrapped around an exposed frame. It comes with a circular LED headlamp and clip-on handlebars. It has WP inverted forks in the front and a custom monoshock in the rear. The Lucat rides on wire spoke wheels and gets disk brakes at both ends.

A brushless DC motor that produces 24 BHP of peak power and 60 Nm of peak torque powers the Lucat. The claimed top speed of the bike is 121 km/h. The electric motor is powered by a 72 V lithium-ion battery pack, which has a maximum capacity of 6 kWh. It can travel upto 100 km on a single charge in the city and up to 150 km on the highway. Once discharged, the battery can be fully replenished in 4 hours using a conventional wall socket. It also has fast charging capabilities that can recharge the battery in 90 minutes.

Additionally, the Lucat comes with a track package with launch control and a dynamic safety system, which notifies the rider about the speed limit and battery drainage. In case of an emergency, the system can even automatically switch off the electric motor.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 11:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Any figures on 0-100 or similar? How's ride and handling?
Old 15th February 2018, 11:56   #3
BHPian

Re: Menza Lucat e-bike launched at Rs. 2.80 lakh. Bookings open

Looking at the projected travel range, and the lack of charging facilities, this could at best be a proper city commute ( the riding stance seems to be super-sport, but well.. ). I'm excited nevertheless.

Also the bike showcased in the auto expo has a full carbon fibre body. The one in the picture above doesn't look like it. So is the 2.8 lakh for the carbon-fibre version ?

Googling 'Menza Lucat' didn't bring up anything other than the press coverage for Auto Expo. Found the website after googling 'Menza Motors'.

http://menzamotors.com/

A startup based out of Ahmedabad! All the best to them.
sandeep.k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 12:05   #4
BHPian

Is this the best picture the company could put up of the bike? Also, I am unable to understand the low ground clearance of the bike! Is this a track only bike coz, with such low ground clearance, negotiating city potholes and speed breakers will be a challenge.
mac187 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 13:33   #5
BHPian

I believe the pic is of a test bike and I hope production bike looks better. The designer needs to be put on PIP (Performance Improvement Plan ) immediately!! That ugly weird box looks horribly out of place. Good 6-8 inches of space right below the tank is wasted and then the box thing eating up GC, why?

Further, parts dont gel well looks, shape and color wise which makes this look more of a Jugaad job. Torque rating of the motor is a ray of hope though.

Will I buy?
Good luck for 2.8L ex-showroom!! I will continue with my 1.92 L Dominar, and will buy a 50-60k e-scooter in order to reduce my carbon footprint.

Last edited by Zinda : 15th February 2018 at 13:33. Reason: PIP recommended "immediately"
Zinda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 14:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.k View Post
Googling 'Menza Lucat' didn't bring up anything other than the press coverage for Auto Expo. Found the website after googling 'Menza Motors'.
There aren't many details available about this motorcycle on their website. Not even a photograph of the production-ready motorcycle. All it talks about mission and vision of Menza motors and photographs of their COO, CFO and engineers.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 11:01   #7
BHPian

The specs look good for for my daily office commute which is mix of highway and traffic.
However their website is more management and PR speak than any actual product details. Does not inspire confidence.
I am afraid this will be another Chinese assembly-job than an actual manufactured product.
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 18:17   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Would advise anyone even thinking of this bike to steer clear, at least in the initial months. Agreed with timuseravan, seems to be a cut-copy-paste from China?? And even if it is a quality import from our neighbour, there's no telling of the real-world reliability, after-sales & parts supply.

There have been too many silly launches of electric 2-wheelers by unknown companies for anyone to take them seriously. If someone is serious, they are going to have to prove their intent. From the regulatory & production sides, EVs might seem like an easy product, but building + selling + supporting them is a completely different story.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks