Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2006, 16:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda Twister Coming In March.

Hey guyz just got to know that Honda is planning to launch Twister (250cc) in March 07 and they have got a new unicorn in the pipeline too.. so please any on of you have some contacts try to use and plz get some info. about twister.

Thanx
Devang
Old 14th December 2006, 16:31   #2
BHPian

tats really a good new buddy !!
But twister cbx 250 looks more like a pulsar atleast the front end. but ofcouce a Honda engine will be far more superior !!
Also honda's gearbox is much more smoother than bajaj .
Old 14th December 2006, 20:22   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
Hey guyz just got to know that Honda is planning to launch Twister (250cc) in March 07 and they have got a new unicorn in the pipeline too.. so please any on of you have some contacts try to use and plz get some info. about twister
Source of info about the twister???

The new unicorn has ben in the reckoning for sometime now... They'd be improving the looks...

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th December 2006 at 20:24.
Old 14th December 2006, 20:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

emm, hope its not a rumour..
Old 14th December 2006, 20:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Source of info about the twister???

The new unicorn has ben in the reckoning for sometime now... They'd be improving the looks...

One of my friend working as a manager in Honda go to know from her.
Old 14th December 2006, 20:43   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

All these big bike launches should be taken with a pinch of salt. If these "product launches" were to be believed, we should have had all big bikes and cruisers in the Indian market from 1995 itself
Old 14th December 2006, 21:18   #7
BHPian

new unicorn?yes,but twister?i doubt that.Honda is a safe player.I don't think they will take risk launching a big cc bikes.They are just waiting for other players like bajaj to come out with a 250cc bike or yamaha with the fazer and then think about twister.
Old 14th December 2006, 22:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilled_fire View Post
but ofcouce a Honda engine will be far more superior !!
Interesting observation - back home the Pulsar engine is inferior to the Honda. I recently read a road-test of the Pulsar DTSi in the local 'Wheels' mag here in which they had interestingly placed the Bajaj on par with the Jap big-4 bikes of the same category. Equipment levels better than Japs for that category, allegedly.
Old 14th December 2006, 22:26   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Cool...

Could you mind conveying an info to Honda???

'Shine looks Please do something about Shine and Unicorn before launching something that most of the lot will never be able to afford... '

Quote:
Interesting observation - back home the Pulsar engine is inferior to the Honda. I recently read a road-test of the Pulsar DTSi in the local 'Wheels' mag here in which they had interestingly placed the Bajaj on par with the Jap big-4 bikes of the same category. Equipment levels better than Japs for that category, allegedly.
Not many accepts the fact that Bajaj is standing up on its feet against the likes of the biggies like Honda...

Everyone was all expectations of Unicorn... Which, though a good bike, failed to match Pulsar in figures...
Then... Everybody said HOnda would rock the country with Shine... Which ended up the worst designed bike of the lot...
Now, Everybody is going all ooohaa for the Unicorn upgrade... (hope atleast this time... Honda gives them something to be excited about)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th December 2006 at 22:46.
Old 14th December 2006, 22:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Here are specs for the UK version known as CBF 250. This one is made in Brazil I guess.

Honda Motorcycles Models

Not a whole lot of power (20 bhp), but a big bike feel.
Old 14th December 2006, 23:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Why not discuss about all this atleast when it is confirmed. We have be discussing over and over again on the Pulsar DTSi F1. Every forum, mag, blog, paper, TV channel etc was drooling on the launch. Where is that bike?? Will it ever see the the light of the day?

Are these manufacturers showing us carrots just for us to be still interested in them?
Old 14th December 2006, 23:52   #12
BHPian

Quote:

whose the lady? ..... 250cc? any strong info to support that. But we never know when... yamaha suddenly launched there 125cc and Bajaj changing their 150 and 180 to the looks of p220... whats next?

P.S : take her for a date get the pics of the bike
Old 23rd December 2006, 10:33   #13
BHPian

Guys,
I do not think Honda will ever,ever launch anything so different in India. Even Bajaj, who has a bike ready has, for some reason delayed the launch, for at least 6-8 months+there is absolutely no news from Yamaha.
Had a small spill on my bike a month ago+am absolutely fed up waiting for any big(ger) bikes.
So booked a REVA, delivery Jan. 10th.
Thats the end of my biking days.
Old 24th December 2006, 15:02   #14
BHPian

I am not able to figure out what exectly is the problem of bringing the big bikes out . Bajaj , its like guys here r waiting for the 220 cc bike for about more than a year. same goes for yamaha. Is it some kind of norms issue that we are failing ?? we have so many threads for the new bikes which should be coming out , we have threads for what modifications will be done to these new bikes , but guyz seriously where are these bikes ??
So i figure out this is also a roumor , honda bringing out twister .
I guess we will have to stick to 150cc's or max ZMA which is like now 2 years old, while the technology elsewhere is way ahead.

i just lost hopes on these bikes ..
Anybody with me ?
Old 25th December 2006, 18:44   #15
BHPian

hey guys.. we have a honda CBX 250 here in dubai.. it has gud response my the users.. basically courier or delivery guys going for it... effecting the pulsar sales for sum extend...
IF launched in india will definetely grow fastrt in the market ... coz the bike is a success in other part of teh world too...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks