Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2018, 02:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Hero MotoCorp shares sales press release directly referencing Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Has HMSIL given away the engines of all the successful bikes of Hero -Splendor, Passion etc - as a parting gift at the time of the divorce, or is Hero still paying royalty on them? I wonder what will happen if HMSIL pulls the plug on the engine rights?

No other model with a Hero sourced engine has succeeded as far as I know.
The royalty agreement ended last year. All models now are Hero engines, either with some changes or developed brand new. Hero is introducing vertical engines basically.

i3s is Hero patented so all engines with that are Hero only. And with Duet 125cc releasing next month i3s will come to Scooters.
Old 19th June 2018, 02:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
The 110cc engines in the new passions are selling very well in a number of markets. The Passion Xpro is a particularly hit motorcycle.
The home developed scooters are now finding very good acceptance. We are now awaiting the 125cc engined scooters which were showcased in the Auto-Expo this year.

The 200cc Xtreme 200 is already very well accepted by the media in their test ride.

See a company which has its own R&D developed but a few years back will take time to develop a full scale system of developing engines. Now that they are slowing getting into the flow, they will get better.

The i3s technology is patented and has very high acceptance and volume in the country.
The i3s technology is just a self start stop technology from what i have understood from past 1 and a half years of usage and the Hero is self implementing in all the bikes and the owners don't even use it and the in house 110cc is nothing to speak about it. When you crank it in the morning you will have to idle it for more than a minute and if you don't a grinding noise starts coming from the engine head which is present in all of the 110 cc bikes and not specific to mine. The gearing ratio is horrible 1st and 2nd gear are too short, you can't overtake in 2nd gear and in 90% of the situation the rider either needs to keep revving the crap out of the engine or shift to 3rd in middle of overtaking. The customer service is nothing to speak about too and i can write lengths and breadths on this particular topic.
Old 19th June 2018, 09:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
The Hero developed 125cc engines are now the most powerful 125cc engines in the country. And the bikes are selling pretty good. to the level that the new vertical engines are now outpacing the horizontal engines. Both of these are available as a choice to the customers.

I would be interested to see some documented proof the above highlighted statement.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 10:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
I would be interested to see some documented proof the above highlighted statement.
Well i don't know of any advantage but one disadvantage is that these vertical blocks refuse to start once parked in direct sunlight. You need to continuously try to start like one needs to do on a cold morning. Even choke does not help in this situation.

Last edited by revvharder : 19th June 2018 at 10:59.
Old 19th June 2018, 18:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
The new vertical engines are in 125cc and new 110cc models and are selling pretty well at least in our city and at my dealership. Customers specifically ask for the Glamour SV model and not the older one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Well i don't know of any advantage but one disadvantage is that these vertical blocks refuse to start once parked in direct sunlight. You need to continuously try to start like one needs to do on a cold morning. Even choke does not help in this situation.
Need to change/install the purge valve kit if this issue occurs. This was an issue with the earlier BS-4 models and has since been solved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks