Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2006, 22:30   #1

2005 CT100 : where to get self starter

Hi experts, Where in Bangalore can I get a self starter attached to a May 2005 bajaj CT100 bike? Is it even possible? I tried popular motors(Bannerghatta road), but as expected they told me that it can't be done. Cost is not much of a concern. thanks Bingo
Old 28th December 2006, 01:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

i doubt too as it would need some mods and hence would cost a lot. sell it and get a discover or so
Old 28th December 2006, 02:32   #3
BHPian

I agree with jkdas... Ain't worth the money or the hassle...

Besides, you won't be able to use stock parts for the conversion/addition(as there ain't any for the CT100)... So at best, it'll be jugad work, and we all know how that works.
Old 28th December 2006, 17:54   #4

Thanks for the advice. Actually I have some pain in my knees which is why doctor has asked me not to kick start a bike for about a year or so. Because of this problem, I anyway do not drive the bike much; only for emergencies. So, if I buy a new bike , I would get frustrated for not being able to ride it much. Does this involve some tinkering with the engine insides also? Can you give me the contact details of any mechanic who can do this jugaad work for me? Even if it is about 10,000 bucks; it is cost effective for me , for the time being. thanks Bingo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks