Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2006, 11:08   #1
BHPian

Self starter for TVS Fiero F2??

Hi all,
I own a TVS Fiero F2 disc version and as i'm short compared to the height it is...every time i stop at the signal and switch off the engine... i find it difficult to suddenly start my vehicle as it the kick start feels too high to me!!! So... i'm planning to invest in a self starter. Can anyone suggest me the place in Bangalore where I can a good self starter and fix it as the company doesn't have this even as an accessory!!! Thanks in advance.

Kiran.
Old 29th December 2006, 17:05   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi all,
I own a TVS Fiero F2 disc version and as i'm short compared to the height it is...every time i stop at the signal and switch off the engine... i find it difficult to suddenly start my vehicle as it the kick start feels too high to me!!! So... i'm planning to invest in a self starter. Can anyone suggest me the place in Bangalore where I can a good self starter and fix it as the company doesn't have this even as an accessory!!! Thanks in advance.

Kiran.
I think Apache self start fit for it.. Suzuki Fiero was the first Indian bike launched with self start..
Old 31st December 2006, 17:15   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Kiran.
You need to machine the case to fit the starter.The old fiero's starter will fit.Take it to ZEN motors near UMA theatre.
cheers
enginehacker
Old 2nd January 2007, 12:09   #4
BHPian

Thanks venu. Will take it this weekend and buy the way should i drill the engine to place a self start??? and can u tell me much does it cost totally??
Old 2nd January 2007, 14:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks venu. Will take it this weekend and buy the way should i drill the engine to place a self start??? and can u tell me much does it cost totally??
The engine needs to be fully dismantled,before it can be drilled.It has to be done on a milling machine with a DRO and not a drilling machine.
cheers
engine hacker

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks