Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2018, 12:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hero Karizma ZMR re-launched at Rs. 1.08 lakh

Hero MotoCorp has re-launched the Karizma ZMR after sales were halted back in 2017. It is available in 2 variants - standard and dual-tone priced at Rs. 1.08 lakh and Rs. 1.10 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively.

Hero Karizma ZMR re-launched at Rs. 1.08 lakh-20170406085343karizmazmrbanner25.jpg

Other than the dual-tone colour scheme, Hero hasn't made any cosmetic changes to the bike. It has a stacked twin-pod headlamp with turn signals and LED position lamps on both sides and an LED tail light. It has a full side fairing with ZMR decals, digital instrument cluster and a stepped seat. It rides on conventional telescopic front suspension and has twin shock absorbers at the rear.

The 223 cc, single-cylinder, oil-cooled engine has been reportedly updated to comply with BS-IV regulations. It produces 20 BHP @ 8,000 rpm and peak torque of 19.7 Nm @ 6,500 rpm and is paired with a 5-speed gearbox. Braking is handled by a 276 mm front disc and a 240 mm drum brake in the rear.

The Karizma ZMR is available in 4 colour options - Blazing Red, Panther Black, Spotlight White and Vibrant Orange.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 12:20   #2
BHPian

Re: Hero Karizma ZMR re-launched at Rs. 1.08 lakh

If they can not design something new & better, they should simply go back to Karizma's older design and that should be enough to get them some sales. This so called new design is an eye sore and the only negative for an other wise wonderful machine.
Engine_Roars is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 12:23   #3
BANNED

You sure about the ZMR sporting a rear drum brake? I believe the website is showing the ZMA's picture in the specifications page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
If they can not design something new & better, they should simply go back to Karizma's older design and that should be enough to get them some sales. This so called new design is an eye sore and the only negative for an other wise wonderful machine.
Looks don't matter mate at least for anyone who would opt for a Karizma in 2018.

The CRF230 motor thought forked a bit with higher duration cams is still a major selling point and for some the PGMFi system coupled with it is all the reason enough to go for this.

Though personally I think they should make up their minds when it comes to positioning the product, scrap the clip ons and bring back the raised bar handle to restore the classic ergonomics which was another highlight for owning a ZMA back in the day. Plus that would shave close to 6k's on the price considering that the ZMR's clip ons were pretty expensive to begin with. As for the PGMFi, thought commendable they could easily shave 20k's on the pricing if they'd opted to go for a UCAL/Mikuni carburettor. So that would sum up to a rough 25k drop in current pricing and would be more the reason for the Karizma to win the Indian sports touring market.

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st July 2018 at 13:09. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 13:56   #4
BHPian

This needs to go to the Weird and Whacky thread if its not already there, its probably the ugliest looking contraption this decade has seen. As an ex-Zma rider, I find this offensive

Ok, enough with the rant, like @Engine_Roars said, if they just bring back the old aesthetically pleasing, balanced old ZMA design with better tires, rear disc, PGM-Fi and upgraded lighting, I believe it would sell some decent numbers. That smooth Honda engine is a pleasure on the highway, though it lacks in outright power (vs similarly spec'ed P220), makes up with the refined ride.

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2018 at 10:18. Reason: typo
anand.shankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 20:28   #5
BHPian

Does it have ABS? There should be atleast a single channel ABS on offer at this price point.
Old 31st July 2018, 20:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Folks, welcome (back) to 2008!

I'd like to see Indian companies launch new products, but not vehicles that can't compete in the market. When Bajaj does a lot of work and launch the Pulsar RS, NS and Dominar, I think Hero should really upgrade its bikes.

It is like a Mahindra (XUV) vs Tata(Hexa) comparison here.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 20:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

I wonder who in their right mind would pay close to a lakh for a ugly contraption like this in today's date.

Hero should just concentrate on its mass market offerings.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 02:25   #8
BHPian

I was expecting some takers if it would have been with Classic Karizma Styling and ZMR mechanicals. With this, I don't have much expectation and I consider this launch as, the company is not planning of a replacement for ZMR in the near future. I was the proud owner of a 2005 Red color Classic 2005 Karizma which had a silky smooth engine at triple digit speeds. For me, ZMRs styling is the main issue.

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2018 at 10:19. Reason: Poor language & grammar
arunrajk81 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 2nd August 2018, 11:01   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
You sure about the ZMR sporting a rear drum brake?.
The picture of the bike in the original post shows a disc at the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
If they can not design something new & better
They did actually, with the HXR250 concept, it was actually quite well-specced too!

Hero Karizma ZMR re-launched at Rs. 1.08 lakh-1100.jpeg

When the production of the Karizma was stopped about a year ago, I was hopeful that Hero Motocorp take a bold decision and bring the HX250R concept into production and badge it as the 'new' Karizma. That would have ensured the first generation riders would have something to upgrade to, and the good looks and 31hp would catch the attention of newer riders too!

Hero seems to have inherited Honda's conservatism in the 200cc-500cc segment. The relaunch of the Karizma is basically what Honda did with the CBR250R, launch an old motorcycle with a new paint job, at least Honda gave us LED lights and ABS
Shumi_21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 11:13   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
They did actually, with the HXR250 concept, it was actually quite well-specced too!
I remember all the news around the HXR250, wasn't that around the same time as the TVS 'Akula' news?

When I see what TVS has created out of that with the 310 and looking at the new Dukes, and compare this with what Hero has still not come up with, and even with the HXR250 concept which looks light-years behind these two bikes, I really wonder if Hero can ever break out of the commuter bike segment without buying some cutting-edge brand that's already there.

I mean, no one doubts their prowess as a bike manufacturer, they obviously have the money. Does 'company DNA' really become so ingrained as it seems to have with Hero? I mean do you really need market research to see your 'premium' offerings are nowhere near as desirable as your rivals?! One look should be enough!

Last edited by am1m : 2nd August 2018 at 11:15.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks