Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2018, 11:01   #1
BHPian

Yamaha FZ25 converted into an adventure tourer

For those who think BMW 310GS is priced more than its worth, here is an easy option to convert Yamaha FZ25 into somewhat similar looking one.

So, I follow this guy’s YouTube channel regularly because of his videos on Continental GT. He does some good customizations to his set of rides to keep the rider happy. Most of the videos about these customizations are pretty detailed along with information on the parts used and the costing.

In the following vlog, you can see how the FZ25 transformed into a neat looking tourer. And a lot of functional mods as well. Pretty kicked to see the way the front end has evolved as well as how they have customized the rear luggage rack as well as the saddle stays.

Link to the YouTube video:
R-Six is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 11:14   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Yamaha FZ25 converted into an adventure tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
For those who think BMW 310GS is priced more than its worth, here is an easy option to convert Yamaha FZ25 into somewhat similar looking one.
FZ25 still doesn't get ABS. The Yamaha is worth considering afterwards - but even then I doubt I'll be happy with a 20bhp motorcycle for touring. An unstressed 100kmph cruising ability on the highways is something I prefer - though different people have different requirements for sure.

For now - I'd rather take the Dominar 400 for just a little more. Easier customization is possible as well. Kits are easily available and tested in different 'odysseys' now.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 11:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
FZ25 still doesn't get ABS. The Yamaha is worth considering afterwards
Yes, that is one serious downer for the FZ at the moment. I hope they launch one with ABS soon.

And after owning a Yamaha for more than 15 years and owning a Bajaj for nearly 8 years, I feel that a Yamaha would age well compared to a Bajaj. In the long run, I still think Yamaha can take a lot more abuse than a Bajaj.

I haven't ridden the Dominar yet so can't comment on the refinement and that sort but overall, I have seen some good feedback about it on the forum. We still don't see a lot of takers for it in the market though.

And about the 20bhp and touring, I guess it depends on the individual and their financial capacity to pick up a more powerful bike. With a 250cc engine, cruising in 100 would be a stretch. I think 70-80 would be a decent speed for a more relaxed ride.
R-Six is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 14:26   #4
BANNED

The number of things done wrong on this motorcycle are way too many and detailed that I doubt it is worth the effort to list them out as I again doubt anyone who is serious about adventure riding would follow this dude's ideology.

Anyhow here are the basics;

1. Lateral support! If you do not know what this is, then it is best you don't go about manufacturing your own racks as it can do more harm than good.

2. Leverage, you do not mount anything with leverage on plastics.

3. Stress, you either fabricate right or do not use at all, because a stressed component is the first to fail when exposed to the elements.

Though kudos on the bling factor and presentation.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks