Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2007, 21:56   #1

Modification for HH ACHIEVER

Well not many might ask this but i wanna know how to modify my achiever with performance and cosmetic mods

i got a 2 piece short handle and a bailey a year ago when i purchased the bike now i want something diff and one more thing is that i know nothing abt the performance upgrades so plz suggest something

my bike is the silver one with purple tag names

help

Cheers bye
Old 10th January 2007, 22:17   #2
BHPian

hi shebz7

if u need good performance up garde ur air filter if u have good sum go for k&n it stars frm 1850 to 3000 or u can fix some local makes wher it ranges from 250 to 800 ,then u can fix a good free flow exhaust it may cost abt 1000 to 2000 depending on the quality of the exhaust .if u need more power u can change the jet in ur carbs but it can be done only by a good mechanic or else the bikez done but this will drop ur milage a lot .if u need much more power may be u can port ur engine (don know how much would it cost) .all the above upgrade depends how much ur budget is so plan ur mode with a good mechanic .have fun dude
Old 10th January 2007, 22:29   #3

Cheerss sammy thanks for the suggestions anyways what abt the cosmetic upgrades Engine or body cover??

And a short handle 2 piece or fury ?

Can i get the cbz(old one ) head in my bike ?
I wonder if i can find one :-))
Old 10th January 2007, 22:55   #4
BHPian

short handle>looks good,not good for your wrist and back
engine cover>looks good,not good for your engine,remember you got an air cooled engine.
If the bike is new,don't play modding stuff.It will void your warranty.Keep your bike stock in every aspect.
Old 10th January 2007, 23:14   #5
BHPian

The cosmetic mods depends on how your interests are.. If you want an aggressive look then thats totally different than the softer looks..

Aggressive looks:
Try to black alloys(for silver bike)
Remove the company stickering including the bike name
Do some basic and neat stickering.. do not put more of them and spoil it..
change your number plate to White plastic and write the numbers in a legal font size, but change font to a thinner one.
Change your rear tyre to a broader one, but not very big.. something like Pulsar has..
And fit the old rear tyre to the front
Cut the rear mudguard a little bit. Dont do too much then noone can sit behind in the rainy season..
and much more...

For softer look.. (sorry I dont know much abt that)..

Cheers
Old 11th January 2007, 00:39   #6
BHPian

i can help you out here bur mail4aj is right person you can catch since he has performance modded HH Ach himself.

shebz : u from dt n did djv...... give this link? caz its me overhere

Last edited by nosfreak : 11th January 2007 at 00:40.
Old 11th January 2007, 01:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi View Post
short handle>looks good,not good for your wrist and back
Not good for your cables either. The shorter handle would require different or shorter cables. Sometimes the original cables are placed in such a way as to fit. They will eventually wear out fast.
Old 11th January 2007, 09:36   #8
BHPian

i agree with men in jean, jus do up the bike simple & aesthetically,dont make it look or sound too loud...
Old 11th January 2007, 20:15   #9

Thanks hemi and men in jean mail4ajo desigNation 4 your suggestions

But can u say which short handle is good i already have face the cable problem my choke wire got cut in just 3 days so i know abt the shorter handle problem
I had the two piece removed it after 5 months

And nosfreak yes i am th dt one and djvirus game me the link chk the car and bike post there u'll get the idea
Old 11th January 2007, 21:01   #10
BHPian

If you ask me, staying with the product handlebar is better. Because the handle-bar is not going to increase much of looks. May be you can change that to black to give the matching looks to your bike.

How much ever rash driver you are, you can still manage with the bigger company handlebars(which I am doing for 3 years now).. Because Changing the handle-bar will surely bring some problems, either back ache or to your bikes cable fitting problems.

If you still wish to change then go for a fury itself.. it looks better and also you get good control..

Having your bike modified and having a fury if you think you are still not freak enough, then remove the crank bar for more aggressive looks.. And I hope you know the usefulness of crank bar, so decide before proceeding..
Old 12th January 2007, 19:05   #11

well i just gave my bike for a service today and will be going now to get it from the service station and off tommorrow to get a new bailey and maybe a fury handle i know i am still worried abt the cables i'll chk if i can get shorter cables if yes then i have to chk the budget and deceide

anyways i will rather go for some stickering cosmetics then the engine cover

Cheers for all the help men_in_jean

i'll see what i can do with all of your priceless suggestions evry1 i'll inquire abt performance upgrades sammy suggested too

Ok then will tell you what i did with my bike tommorrow

Byeee
Old 13th January 2007, 00:56   #12
BHPian

Sure Ali, All the best.. once you are done with the mods, be sure to post some pics too..
Old 13th January 2007, 12:27   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by men_in_jean View Post
Sure Ali, All the best.. once you are done with the mods, be sure to post some pics too..

Sure Man i'll do it as soon as i can get time to get it modified i'll be lil busy this weekend so i guess i'll have to keep it in the mid week sometime or maybe next weekend

Anyways do u guys use anyspecial wax or polish to get a shine on the bike i saw a couple of products here startinh from 50 to 400 rs with a one called formula 1 costing the highest

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks